Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

ragnamuffin

Headcaps

ragnamuffin

How effective are headcaps at preventing stains, and does anyone have experience using two at once?

I picked up a white cloth headcap from Volks, but it seems that the dye from wigs can still seep through?

Then I found silicone headcaps at Dolk and was wondering if those are better or worse at protecting the head from stains?

What about double-capping it with cloth AND silicone caps? Has anyone ever done this, and if so, how effective is it? The wig in question is Alice Kuonji’s, so it definitely has the potential to stain and I don’t want to risk it.

ChrisFhey

I've read that only cloth headcaps help preventing stains, and that silicone caps do nothing in regards to staining. They only prevent the wig from moving around on the doll's head.

Also, I assume a headcap doesn't mean your doll is 100% safe from staining, as the dye could still potentially seep through. It should help slow the process down, though. However, I would like to hear about some hands-on experience as well.

baldylox

Silicone head caps are only good for holding a wig in place.  I've tried like 5 or 6 different brands of them and all of them do nothing to prevent staining.  But I've used cloth ones and never had stains go thru them.  They DO get stains where they touch the wig cap itself but I've yet to have those stains go all the way thru all the layers of the cap and hit the dolls head.

I use 2 caps, one silicone and one cloth, on my Kanu and my Ryomou because both of their default wigs stain really quickly and really dark.  It keeps the wigs in place and keeps them from getting more stained than they were when I got them.  

I really don't mind stains on the dolls heads because most of the time, with the wig on you can't even see them.  But I'll try and prevent them if I can.  😉 

Billy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

BeyondTime

I’ve double capped with cloth and silicone to make a wig fit, but not for stain prevention. If you’re going to use two, then two cloth caps would probably be better to prevent stains. 

I have had stains go through a cloth cap. Mio Akiyama’s wig did a number on her head in spite of having a cap on. The upside is you can remove the wig every few weeks to check and you will see dark spots on the cap where the dye wants to bleed through. All you have to do is wash the cap and replace it on her head once it’s dry. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction