Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

bubblysoda

Smart Doll blue resin color match?

bubblysoda

Hi, Everyone, I’m thinking of buying a Smart Doll chaos head in blue and putting it on a resin blue body. I’m banned so I can’t buy an actual blue doll.

I would want to try to get a blue resin body instead of dying a milk smart doll because I don’t want to risk it, I’m rambling, anyway, I’m not sure which blue body would match the head.

• Like 1

DollyDearest

are you also banned from Fabric Friends & dolls?  ya can try getting a doll there or animesugoi 

bubblysoda
17 minutes ago, DollyDearest said:

are you also banned from Fabric Friends & dolls?  ya can try getting a doll there or animesugoi 

Yeah I might try animesugoi haha

Katsudon

If you were to go the resin route, getting a pure white body and dyeing it would likely get the best match, even though it's a lot of effort.

But fingers crossed you have luck through animesugoi 😄

Kannon

Please don’t promote trying to buy from a dealer if you are banned from CJ - That’s really unfair on the dealer and puts them in a crappy position. 

• Thanks 1

Collie

Some companies offer resin matching/custom resin colours, as in you send them a physical sample and they try to match their resin colours. Here's a spreadsheet I saved a while ago that lists some of those companies!

The most famous company to do custom coloured dolls would be Resinsoul, they're on the cheaper end but seem to be super cool with taking custom requests and can even add more arms or an eye to your doll. Downside is that their aesthetic isn't everyone's cup of tea. 

bubblysoda
1 hour ago, Collie said:

Some companies offer resin matching/custom resin colours, as in you send them a physical sample and they try to match their resin colours. Here's a spreadsheet I saved a while ago that lists some of those companies!

The most famous company to do custom coloured dolls would be Resinsoul, they're on the cheaper end but seem to be super cool with taking custom requests and can even add more arms or an eye to your doll. Downside is that their aesthetic isn't everyone's cup of tea. 

I’ve decided to go with Resinsoul, I sent them a blue vinyl ring I had, so now I need to wait 😆 thank you for the spreadsheet.

• Like 1

bubblysoda

I tried to buy from Anime Sugoi but they canceled my order, it’s okay though because I’d rather do a hybrid smart doll haha.

bbotss
On 1/6/2022 at 4:05 AM, DollyDearest said:

The ban list is shared between all dealers now, so getting banned from the main store means your orders also get cancelled from the dealers.

23 hours ago, bubblysoda said:

I’ve decided to go with Resinsoul, I sent them a blue vinyl ring I had, so now I need to wait 😆 thank you for the spreadsheet.

Also someone on FB just posted about dyeing a vinyl body blue, and they're open for commissions.

• Like 1

DollyDearest
On 1/7/2022 at 12:10 PM, bbotss said:

The ban list is shared between all dealers now, so getting banned from the main store means your orders also get cancelled from the dealers.

Also someone on FB just posted about dyeing a vinyl body blue, and they're open for commissions.

oof.  i had no idea about dat.    Thanks for the link :)

• Like 1