Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

chef_mai

Meet Mai (and Mochi)!

chef_mai

Continuing from the prior post, here's slimmed down Mai in a swimsuit. She's a bit shy with such things, so she went with the frilly kind. :3

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 4

chef_mai

Mai's lounging around in bed today and put together a slightly different outfit along similar lines. The mini plush is by Jellycat.

spacer.png

• Like 5

chef_mai

Mai is back with another uniform that I came up with on a whim. I took the recent Volks uniform shown above and added a vest + blazer for a really nice color coordination.

spacer.png

Mochi is up to her usual antics.

spacer.png

• Like 8

chef_mai

This is a picture I drew of Mochi wearing the outfit above. 

[REMOVED - Will post something new in the future!]

Edited by chef_mai
  • Like 8

chef_mai

Following on to that, now a drawing of Mai that's pretty close to the comic's style. I didn't use this photo for reference but wanted to show the likeness side by side.

[REMOVED - Mai looks nicer now. Will post something new in the future!]

Edited by chef_mai
  • Like 10

Grover864

That's amazing work on the drawings! (And the girls are cute too...)  I've just read through your thread and all the changes Mai went through. What a girl will do to get a book deal 🤣

• Like 1

Angered-Icon
On 10/24/2022 at 4:04 PM, chef_mai said:

Following on to that, now a drawing of Mai that's pretty close to the comic's style. I didn't use this photo for reference but wanted to show the likeness side by side.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Spot on! I think you have the look nailed in your mind.

• Like 3

chef_mai

The weather's taken a turn, so Mai's now dressing up for the winter wearing the khaki jacket and scarf from the recent Volks drop.

spacer.png

• Like 7

RetroKanojo

Oh, I always love the look of a cozy fall/winter outfit! Mai looks as adorable as usual @onion26@

• Like 1

chef_mai

It's been a long time, but I took a few photos of Mai & Mochi today at school. Mochi's not in uniform today because it was free dress day, so she picked out her outfit.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 8

bananaaether

Angels! I missed your photos of them!

• Like 2

tinydollproblem

Your dolls are such cuties!

• Like 1

chef_mai

My girls requested some upgrades to our little photo studio, so they can look cuter in photos. 

I didn't buy or craft anything new, but I repositioned my light and switched to white posters as the backdrop. A few days ago, I had the light shining on them from the front from some height.

Today, I tried something new and aimed the light AWAY from the girls and towards the wall. This created a softer light that greatly reduced the shadows. There's still a little, but this is about the best I can do with what I have.

I now want a better illuminated background, but I'll need another light to do that.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6

Yuns

Mai and Mochi are so cute! I loved seeing their wardrobe changes over time. And your new lighting setup seems to be working great, the photos turned out very soft looking!

chef_mai

I got a bunch of new stuff this week. Mochi's hosting a pajama party today! These are "boyfriend" PJs sized for O50, but anything really oversized works well on Mochi.

spacer.png

Today, I'm using natural light, but it still required a fair bit of setup to make it work. I clipped tissue to the window and shot her from halfway into the room to create a diffuse light. Reflected with posterboard as closely as I could and separated her a little from the background to minimize the background shadowing.

• Like 10

Tigger

So cute! The oversized shirt is such a cute vibe, I love her hairstyle too. 

Awesome pic. ^^

• Like 1

chef_mai

I've been working on my drawing skills and have improved Mai's appearance for the comic!

spacer.png

• Like 6

strawberrywho

Oh my all of these pictures are so cute. Mochi and Mai are absolutely adorable 😍 💜💕 

• Like 1

chef_mai

Mochi's still in elementary school, but middle school's around the corner for her, and she wanted to try on her future uniform. 😊

Speaking of changes, Mochi has switched over from a 45cm Azone to MDD

The cuter proportions suit her better, and pragmatically, dealer outfits tailor for MDD and don't fit quite the same elsewhere. There's a little more to her new getup, but that will wait for next time. 😶

spacer.png

Edited by chef_mai
Image was broken
  • Like 5