MADh Vinyl

Chise

Testament

Kizuna & Chitose

Baldylox

chef_mai

Meet Mai!

chef_mai

What brought me into dolls started with a webcomic that I plan to unveil publicly later this year. It'll be a unique mashup of cooking, comics and science, starring Mai and her companions.

Mai started out just being a narrating character I created to stand in for me, but she quickly took a life of her own in the comic, and it wasn't long before I wanted to create a "figurine" of Mai in real life. This led to me discovering the doll hobby, and after testing the waters with a smaller 1/6 doll, I went all in late last year and created Mai in doll form.

I've had a hard time taking passable photos because the bulk of the time, I can only do it at night, so the vast majority of my photos are in pretty cruddy lighting, taken on my iPad, just to get the point across. I have some equipment, but it takes time to setup since it's all stored away, so it's more of a treat when I get to do it. I'll do more once I get articulated hands and some of the props that Mai needs for a convincing cooking scene.

Mai has a pretty varied wardrobe, but it's mostly casual, and when she's not in school wearing a uniform, she's most often wearing a tee, shorts and hoodie. As I've dug more into the hobby, I've grown more open to letting Mai dress in clothes I wouldn't have considered for her before.

For now, enjoy some pics that I took tonight! (+ a recentish one from when it was cold, so she wore winter clothing)

spacer.png

spacer.png

mai-winter.jpeg.183b7a6fce49e9a2fd935a28ed36889e.jpeg

• Like 7

Veravey

What a bundle of joy! Thanks for sharing~ <3

• Like 1

1170566833_DarkerThanBlackYinbannerv2.png.00494620f57f854f2be78f0f2f9c89d6.png