Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

SFSakana

Team on Mission! (Large group dolls)

SFSakana

One of my to do list when doing doll photography, take a large group of dolls in a scene with the same theme.

I'm really happy with the lighting and postures! 🥰

DSCF6527es.jpg

DSCF6573es.jpg

DSCF6623es.jpg

DSCF6595es.jpg

DSCF6552es.jpg

• Like 17

They need love to become pretty!

SFSakana's FacebookPage | Instagram | Twitter | YoutubeSalesPage

DollForum_signature1.jpg.535caf3bc6385f534bc6c15028ae8eec.jpg
DollForum_signature2.jpg.29a356f3a56f1d07ddc0f9991d5b6a0c.jpg

Testament

Your settings (and everything else obviously) are awesome. °O°

banner%2Bb%2Band%2Bm%2B1200%2Bpx%2Bcon%2

SonataAvalon

Who's their target though? 

I saw the picture and thought they were on to me.

baldylox

That is one super cool setup!  I get either a Matrix feel or video gamer vibe from these pics.  Well done!  

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Rajke

Wow, awesome photoshoot. 

I actually find one girl at a time hard to pose and you nailed it with a whole gang. Love your setup. 😀

@onion20@   This is a signature.

BeyondTime

I’m really curious how you got them all to balance? Those poses aren’t exactly conducive to the doll staying upright.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

SFSakana
On 1/11/2022 at 12:53 AM, Testament said:

Your settings (and everything else obviously) are awesome. °O°

Thank you! 🥰 Its the same studio I did Sinon Gamer Girls last time, just different angle. 

On 1/11/2022 at 1:37 AM, SonataAvalon said:

Who's their target though? 

I saw the picture and thought they were on to me.

Honestly I didn't really think much about the target, will leave it to your imagination. 😆

On 1/11/2022 at 8:46 AM, baldylox said:

That is one super cool setup!  I get either a Matrix feel or video gamer vibe from these pics.  Well done!  

Billy

Thank you! 😊 It's really cool to shoot with group of dolls with friends, the studio has really cool ambience! 

On 1/11/2022 at 2:57 PM, Rajke said:

Wow, awesome photoshoot. 

I actually find one girl at a time hard to pose and you nailed it with a whole gang. Love your setup. 😀

Thank you! 🥰 Yes getting all the dolls to pose together took me more than 1 hours time. 
I use a lot of reference for the posture, glad it turn out well! 

19 hours ago, Tierparkzone said:

From doing my photo stories, I know how tedious and time consuming it can be to pose multiple dolls at once.

But looking at those lovely pictures, it was definitely worth the effort. - Very well done!

@onion20@

Thank you! Yes 1 scene already took me more than 1 hour 🤣
I can't imagine doing photo stories, would like to try photo stories next time! 

19 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I’m really curious how you got them all to balance? Those poses aren’t exactly conducive to the doll staying upright.

I use doll stand for all the dolls, and edit the doll stand away in photoshop.
Will be really difficult to make them stable without a doll stand. 😅

• Like 1

BeyondTime
6 hours ago, SFSakana said:

I use doll stand for all the dolls, and edit the doll stand away in photoshop.
Will be really difficult to make them stable without a doll stand.

Are you using something like the Asa-chan stands?

6 hours ago, SFSakana said:

I use a lot of reference for the posture, glad it turn out well! 

This is pretty key in my experience. When I want to do photos like a portrait or glamour I look up poses online or use reference books for artists. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

SFSakana
11 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Are you using something like the Asa-chan stands?

This is pretty key in my experience. When I want to do photos like a portrait or glamour I look up poses online or use reference books for artists. 

Yup! I'm using Asachanchi Rapidstands for my dolls. While my friends are using those heavy duty metal wire claw clip doll stands. 
Yes reference are important! But dolls do have limitation in posing so not all the pose will work.

BeyondTime
11 minutes ago, SFSakana said:

But dolls do have limitation in posing so not all the pose will work.

The silicone body must help a lot though. 

11 minutes ago, SFSakana said:

Yup! I'm using Asachanchi Rapidstands for my dolls.

I plan on grabbing some of those along with the neck / eye upgrade kits as soon as I can  

seraphicdolls

These photos are amazing! Love the ambience! The lighting is fabulous. 

SFSakana
On 1/13/2022 at 10:28 AM, BeyondTime said:

The silicone body must help a lot though. 

I plan on grabbing some of those along with the neck / eye upgrade kits as soon as I can  

Not really, silicone body are actually harder to pose then standing due to the weight. Its only good for posing AV poses if your doll only lying down or sitting lol

Asachanchi products are really good! I've almost everything from Asachanchi, it really helps a lot for taking photos. 

On 1/16/2022 at 10:53 PM, seraphicdolls said:

These photos are amazing! Love the ambience! The lighting is fabulous. 

Thank you! I have a lighting fairy helped me out! XD

BeyondTime
36 minutes ago, SFSakana said:

Not really, silicone body are actually harder to pose then standing due to the weight. Its only good for posing AV poses if your doll only lying down or sitting lol

I was thinking more along the lines of poses like this, which is impossible with the default body, but it’s very dynamic and desirable. I think the Asa-Chan frame is supposed to make this possible too.

On 1/9/2022 at 7:39 PM, SFSakana said:

DSCF6595es.jpg

On 1/12/2022 at 1:12 AM, SFSakana said:

Honestly I didn't really think much about the target, will leave it to your imagination.

It’s Shiki isn’t it? She pulled one too many pranks didn’t she?

chef_mai

Seeing a pose like that with the silicone body reminds me of some everyday poses that are difficult if outright impossible to pull off with the default bodies, even the Obitsu.

One really basic pose that I can't do is a simple sit with knees bent like this. Given that part of what I got the doll for was as a (clothed) drawing aid, it's a bit disappointing that some common poses can't be done.

spacer.png

But getting back to the photoshoot, what exactly are you doing lighting wise here, and was the fog something that was done live during the shoot (dry ice or something like that)?

SFSakana
On 1/18/2022 at 2:49 PM, BeyondTime said:

I was thinking more along the lines of poses like this, which is impossible with the default body, but it’s very dynamic and desirable. I think the Asa-Chan frame is supposed to make this possible too.

It’s Shiki isn’t it? She pulled one too many pranks didn’t she?

I'm using Asachanchi frame for better posing, that's actually Mika(Sinon head) not Shiki. XD
Yes that pose won't be achievable without Asachanchi frame. 

I think silicone body can pose like that too, but its hard to stable the silicone body due to the weight, must use a heavy duty doll stand to support the silicone body without falling. 

In the group photo only the Saber at the most left corner is using silicone body.

On 1/18/2022 at 3:19 PM, chef_mai said:

Seeing a pose like that with the silicone body reminds me of some everyday poses that are difficult if outright impossible to pull off with the default bodies, even the Obitsu.

One really basic pose that I can't do is a simple sit with knees bent like this. Given that part of what I got the doll for was as a (clothed) drawing aid, it's a bit disappointing that some common poses can't be done.

spacer.png

But getting back to the photoshoot, what exactly are you doing lighting wise here, and was the fog something that was done live during the shoot (dry ice or something like that)?

Yes default DD frame you can't bend the legs more than 90 degrees thus there's limitation.
I swapped my DD internal frame with Asachanchi 3D frame for easier posing, so they can do all the hugging knee, squad and Japanese seiza pose.

Lighting wise its actually setup by my friend who's also the owner of that studio booth. A lot of lights were use to light up the dolls, there's flash lights, LED lights and also strobe lights uses. 
Yes the fog are generate by fog machine during live shoot, dry ice will be too expensive and small to cover up the entire area. 

• Like 1

BeyondTime
51 minutes ago, SFSakana said:

I'm using Asachanchi frame for better posing, that's actually Mika(Sinon head) not Shiki.

I know that was Mika, I recognized her easily. I was suggesting that the group in your photo was on a Mission to get Shiki after one too many pranks. 

SFSakana
20 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I know that was Mika, I recognized her easily. I was suggesting that the group in your photo was on a Mission to get Shiki after one too many pranks. 

Really sorry I noticed I misread your message. 
Haha yeap Shiki will be the suitable target for them, follow by Frederica next. XD

BeyondTime
38 minutes ago, SFSakana said:

follow by Frederica next. XD

Nooooo not Fure, she’s too cute to die so young. 

38 minutes ago, SFSakana said:

Really sorry I noticed I misread your message.

No worries, I hope I didn’t come across as angry or anything, that wasn’t my intention. I just wanted to clarify what I meant.  

Out of curiosity what sculpt were you going to use for Fure? I can’t think of a sculpt that might work other than maybe a modded Saber.

SFSakana
3 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Nooooo not Fure, she’s too cute to die so young. 

No worries, I hope I didn’t come across as angry or anything, that wasn’t my intention. I just wanted to clarify what I meant.  

Out of curiosity what sculpt were you going to use for Fure? I can’t think of a sculpt that might work other than maybe a modded Saber.

I'm using a Akira head for Fure, she's still with face up artist now. 
Hope she can make a cute match with my Shiki 🥰

BeyondTime
On 1/19/2022 at 10:01 PM, SFSakana said:

I'm using Asachanchi frame for better posing

I’m curious how the Asachanchi frame looks compared to the f3 body? What I mean is one thing I like about f3 is how the arms and legs don’t jut out at the joints. It makes for a more natural body line, and nicer photos. I like the poseability of Asachanchi, but I’d be reluctant to give up the improved shape of f3. 

SFSakana
On 2/15/2022 at 3:33 PM, BeyondTime said:

I’m curious how the Asachanchi frame looks compared to the f3 body? What I mean is one thing I like about f3 is how the arms and legs don’t jut out at the joints. It makes for a more natural body line, and nicer photos. I like the poseability of Asachanchi, but I’d be reluctant to give up the improved shape of f3. 

I think f3 is annoying when the legs dropped out from the hips, I really hate to connect the C curve align with the torso frame. 😅

I think Asachanchi frame can bend more extreme than f3 for sure, where the knees can touches the chest, the knee also can bend more than f3.

Here's pic of how the internal frame like:

asachanchi3.jpg

asachanchi2.jpg

asachanchi1.jpg

BeyondTime
16 hours ago, SFSakana said:

I think Asachanchi frame can bend more extreme than f3 for sure, where the knees can touches the chest, the knee also can bend more than f3.

Yeah that's pretty awesome. I can see that it poses in ways I wish the standard DD posed in. I've needed poses like that, and been frustrated by the lack.

16 hours ago, SFSakana said:

Here's pic of how the internal frame like:

I asked the question poorly, and you showed me exactly what I asked for. XD I appreciate it though because that really is awesome.

What I was trying to ask about was this:

1338466445_Makoto-YayoiBodyComparison.jpg.fecf695d81237acd7e17bf0aaaad7ad6.jpg

If you look at the shoulders on original DDS Makoto you can see how the arms don't really seat all the way in, and on Makoto this effect isn't as bad as some DD. Some of them stick out enough that it's like the arms are shaped more like an upside down L. The legs also stick out farther from the hip and that can be more pronounced on other dolls too. DDP-f3 Yayoi on the other hand has a much more natural curve on the shoulders and hips, so her body looks a bit more like a person and less like a doll. I was wondering if the Morning Chance frame was more like f3 in this way or more like the older DD frame?

I like the f3 improvement here enough that I eventually shoehorned an f3 upper frame into Makoto's unitorso.

I did order 3 Ex-Heart units along with the neck and head elements along with my stands. I got a total of four stands: 2 V2 Rapid Stands and 2 of the Play Sticks.

Wasn't ready to look at the frames until I know more. If it does offer the same appearance benefits then it might be a good option to upgrade the rest of my unitorso girls to new bodies, assuming of course that it's compatible, and a few of my girls who do fashion try shoots or military style shoots really need more dynamic posing.

SFSakana
On 2/18/2022 at 6:39 AM, BeyondTime said:

Yeah that's pretty awesome. I can see that it poses in ways I wish the standard DD posed in. I've needed poses like that, and been frustrated by the lack.

I asked the question poorly, and you showed me exactly what I asked for. XD I appreciate it though because that really is awesome.

What I was trying to ask about was this:

1338466445_Makoto-YayoiBodyComparison.jpg.fecf695d81237acd7e17bf0aaaad7ad6.jpg

If you look at the shoulders on original DDS Makoto you can see how the arms don't really seat all the way in, and on Makoto this effect isn't as bad as some DD. Some of them stick out enough that it's like the arms are shaped more like an upside down L. The legs also stick out farther from the hip and that can be more pronounced on other dolls too. DDP-f3 Yayoi on the other hand has a much more natural curve on the shoulders and hips, so her body looks a bit more like a person and less like a doll. I was wondering if the Morning Chance frame was more like f3 in this way or more like the older DD frame?

I like the f3 improvement here enough that I eventually shoehorned an f3 upper frame into Makoto's unitorso.

I did order 3 Ex-Heart units along with the neck and head elements along with my stands. I got a total of four stands: 2 V2 Rapid Stands and 2 of the Play Sticks.

Wasn't ready to look at the frames until I know more. If it does offer the same appearance benefits then it might be a good option to upgrade the rest of my unitorso girls to new bodies, assuming of course that it's compatible, and a few of my girls who do fashion try shoots or military style shoots really need more dynamic posing.

I only using Asachanchi frame with my DD3 old type hands, can't tell if f3 have any differences.

For the joint area you pointed out as the picture above, I do think Asachanchi frame will stick out often more than the original volks frame.
Since the frame is designed for better extreme posing, can't expect it to look perfectly connected like the original frames.

If you want nice looking seamless posing, I'll say go for silicone body instead.

Ex-Heart units is a good buy, I've been using it on my Shiki DDH09 head, much easier to adjust the eye direction when taking photos. 

Stands wise I highly recommending Rapid stands as they are lightweight and sturdy, easy to carry around and pose for support especially doing outdoor shoot. 

• Thanks 1