Jump to content

Jezrah

Ecchizonans

Veravey

di-chan123

ChrisFhey

Tierparkzone

Kotone

puxlavoix

Chiakisenpai

apag22

DesertPhantom51

BeyondTime

Mandie

Monty

MADh Vinyl

Chise

Testament

Kizuna & Chitose

Baldylox

SFSakana

Team on Mission! (Large group dolls)

Recommended Posts

SFSakana

One of my to do list when doing doll photography, take a large group of dolls in a scene with the same theme.

I'm really happy with the lighting and postures! 🥰

 

DSCF6527es.jpg

DSCF6573es.jpg

DSCF6623es.jpg

DSCF6595es.jpg

DSCF6552es.jpg

  • Like 16

They need love to become pretty!
DollForum_signature.jpg.9c952401004c532099d03e25c24b7bcf.jpg

SFSakana's FacebookPage | Instagram | Twitter | SalesPage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Testament

Your settings (and everything else obviously) are awesome. °O°


banner%2Bb%2Band%2Bm%2B1200%2Bpx%2Bcon%2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SonataAvalon

Who's their target though? 

 



I saw the picture and thought they were on to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
baldylox

That is one super cool setup!  I get either a Matrix feel or video gamer vibe from these pics.  Well done!  

 

 

Billy


I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rajke

Wow, awesome photoshoot. 

I actually find one girl at a time hard to pose and you nailed it with a whole gang. Love your setup. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BeyondTime

I’m really curious how you got them all to balance? Those poses aren’t exactly conducive to the doll staying upright.


The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SFSakana
On 1/11/2022 at 12:53 AM, Testament said:

Your settings (and everything else obviously) are awesome. °O°

Thank you! 🥰 Its the same studio I did Sinon Gamer Girls last time, just different angle. 

 

On 1/11/2022 at 1:37 AM, SonataAvalon said:

Who's their target though? 

 



I saw the picture and thought they were on to me.

Honestly I didn't really think much about the target, will leave it to your imagination. 😆

 

On 1/11/2022 at 8:46 AM, baldylox said:

That is one super cool setup!  I get either a Matrix feel or video gamer vibe from these pics.  Well done!  

 

 

Billy

Thank you! 😊 It's really cool to shoot with group of dolls with friends, the studio has really cool ambience! 

 

On 1/11/2022 at 2:57 PM, Rajke said:

Wow, awesome photoshoot. 

I actually find one girl at a time hard to pose and you nailed it with a whole gang. Love your setup. 😀

Thank you! 🥰 Yes getting all the dolls to pose together took me more than 1 hours time. 
I use a lot of reference for the posture, glad it turn out well! 

 

19 hours ago, Tierparkzone said:

From doing my photo stories, I know how tedious and time consuming it can be to pose multiple dolls at once.

But looking at those lovely pictures, it was definitely worth the effort. - Very well done!

@onion20@

Thank you! Yes 1 scene already took me more than 1 hour 🤣
I can't imagine doing photo stories, would like to try photo stories next time! 

 

19 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I’m really curious how you got them all to balance? Those poses aren’t exactly conducive to the doll staying upright.

I use doll stand for all the dolls, and edit the doll stand away in photoshop.
Will be really difficult to make them stable without a doll stand. 😅

  • Like 1

They need love to become pretty!
DollForum_signature.jpg.9c952401004c532099d03e25c24b7bcf.jpg

SFSakana's FacebookPage | Instagram | Twitter | SalesPage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BeyondTime
6 hours ago, SFSakana said:

I use doll stand for all the dolls, and edit the doll stand away in photoshop.
Will be really difficult to make them stable without a doll stand.

Are you using something like the Asa-chan stands?

 

6 hours ago, SFSakana said:

I use a lot of reference for the posture, glad it turn out well! 

This is pretty key in my experience. When I want to do photos like a portrait or glamour I look up poses online or use reference books for artists. 


The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SFSakana
11 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Are you using something like the Asa-chan stands?

 

This is pretty key in my experience. When I want to do photos like a portrait or glamour I look up poses online or use reference books for artists. 

Yup! I'm using Asachanchi Rapidstands for my dolls. While my friends are using those heavy duty metal wire claw clip doll stands. 
Yes reference are important! But dolls do have limitation in posing so not all the pose will work.


They need love to become pretty!
DollForum_signature.jpg.9c952401004c532099d03e25c24b7bcf.jpg

SFSakana's FacebookPage | Instagram | Twitter | SalesPage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BeyondTime
11 minutes ago, SFSakana said:

But dolls do have limitation in posing so not all the pose will work.

The silicone body must help a lot though. 

 

11 minutes ago, SFSakana said:

Yup! I'm using Asachanchi Rapidstands for my dolls.

I plan on grabbing some of those along with the neck / eye upgrade kits as soon as I can  

 


The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seraphicdolls

These photos are amazing! Love the ambience! The lighting is fabulous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SFSakana
On 1/13/2022 at 10:28 AM, BeyondTime said:

The silicone body must help a lot though. 

 

I plan on grabbing some of those along with the neck / eye upgrade kits as soon as I can  

 

Not really, silicone body are actually harder to pose then standing due to the weight. Its only good for posing AV poses if your doll only lying down or sitting lol

Asachanchi products are really good! I've almost everything from Asachanchi, it really helps a lot for taking photos. 

 

On 1/16/2022 at 10:53 PM, seraphicdolls said:

These photos are amazing! Love the ambience! The lighting is fabulous. 

Thank you! I have a lighting fairy helped me out! XD


They need love to become pretty!
DollForum_signature.jpg.9c952401004c532099d03e25c24b7bcf.jpg

SFSakana's FacebookPage | Instagram | Twitter | SalesPage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BeyondTime
36 minutes ago, SFSakana said:

Not really, silicone body are actually harder to pose then standing due to the weight. Its only good for posing AV poses if your doll only lying down or sitting lol

I was thinking more along the lines of poses like this, which is impossible with the default body, but it’s very dynamic and desirable. I think the Asa-Chan frame is supposed to make this possible too.

 

On 1/9/2022 at 7:39 PM, SFSakana said:

 

 

DSCF6595es.jpg

 


 

On 1/12/2022 at 1:12 AM, SFSakana said:

Honestly I didn't really think much about the target, will leave it to your imagination.

It’s Shiki isn’t it? She pulled one too many pranks didn’t she?


The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chef_mai

Seeing a pose like that with the silicone body reminds me of some everyday poses that are difficult if outright impossible to pull off with the default bodies, even the Obitsu.

One really basic pose that I can't do is a simple sit with knees bent like this. Given that part of what I got the doll for was as a (clothed) drawing aid, it's a bit disappointing that some common poses can't be done.

spacer.png

But getting back to the photoshoot, what exactly are you doing lighting wise here, and was the fog something that was done live during the shoot (dry ice or something like that)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SFSakana
On 1/18/2022 at 2:49 PM, BeyondTime said:

I was thinking more along the lines of poses like this, which is impossible with the default body, but it’s very dynamic and desirable. I think the Asa-Chan frame is supposed to make this possible too.

 


 

It’s Shiki isn’t it? She pulled one too many pranks didn’t she?

I'm using Asachanchi frame for better posing, that's actually Mika(Sinon head) not Shiki. XD
Yes that pose won't be achievable without Asachanchi frame. 

I think silicone body can pose like that too, but its hard to stable the silicone body due to the weight, must use a heavy duty doll stand to support the silicone body without falling. 

In the group photo only the Saber at the most left corner is using silicone body.

 

On 1/18/2022 at 3:19 PM, chef_mai said:

Seeing a pose like that with the silicone body reminds me of some everyday poses that are difficult if outright impossible to pull off with the default bodies, even the Obitsu.

One really basic pose that I can't do is a simple sit with knees bent like this. Given that part of what I got the doll for was as a (clothed) drawing aid, it's a bit disappointing that some common poses can't be done.

spacer.png

But getting back to the photoshoot, what exactly are you doing lighting wise here, and was the fog something that was done live during the shoot (dry ice or something like that)?

Yes default DD frame you can't bend the legs more than 90 degrees thus there's limitation.
I swapped my DD internal frame with Asachanchi 3D frame for easier posing, so they can do all the hugging knee, squad and Japanese seiza pose.

Lighting wise its actually setup by my friend who's also the owner of that studio booth. A lot of lights were use to light up the dolls, there's flash lights, LED lights and also strobe lights uses. 
Yes the fog are generate by fog machine during live shoot, dry ice will be too expensive and small to cover up the entire area. 

  • Like 1

They need love to become pretty!
DollForum_signature.jpg.9c952401004c532099d03e25c24b7bcf.jpg

SFSakana's FacebookPage | Instagram | Twitter | SalesPage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BeyondTime
51 minutes ago, SFSakana said:

I'm using Asachanchi frame for better posing, that's actually Mika(Sinon head) not Shiki.

I know that was Mika, I recognized her easily. I was suggesting that the group in your photo was on a Mission to get Shiki after one too many pranks. 


The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SFSakana
20 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I know that was Mika, I recognized her easily. I was suggesting that the group in your photo was on a Mission to get Shiki after one too many pranks. 

Really sorry I noticed I misread your message. 
Haha yeap Shiki will be the suitable target for them, follow by Frederica next. XD


They need love to become pretty!
DollForum_signature.jpg.9c952401004c532099d03e25c24b7bcf.jpg

SFSakana's FacebookPage | Instagram | Twitter | SalesPage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BeyondTime
38 minutes ago, SFSakana said:

follow by Frederica next. XD

Nooooo not Fure, she’s too cute to die so young. 
 

38 minutes ago, SFSakana said:

Really sorry I noticed I misread your message.

No worries, I hope I didn’t come across as angry or anything, that wasn’t my intention. I just wanted to clarify what I meant.  
 

Out of curiosity what sculpt were you going to use for Fure? I can’t think of a sculpt that might work other than maybe a modded Saber.


The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SFSakana
3 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Nooooo not Fure, she’s too cute to die so young. 
 

No worries, I hope I didn’t come across as angry or anything, that wasn’t my intention. I just wanted to clarify what I meant.  
 

Out of curiosity what sculpt were you going to use for Fure? I can’t think of a sculpt that might work other than maybe a modded Saber.

I'm using a Akira head for Fure, she's still with face up artist now. 
Hope she can make a cute match with my Shiki 🥰


They need love to become pretty!
DollForum_signature.jpg.9c952401004c532099d03e25c24b7bcf.jpg

SFSakana's FacebookPage | Instagram | Twitter | SalesPage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

I have read and agree to the Privacy Policy.