Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Lina

What are your doll goals for 2022?

Noxxbunny
21 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

You should know by now that this is up to the dolls. 

Ain't this the truth...I already started this year with an unplanned head purchase lol. It seems I rarely PLAN to get a new doll these days, they just barge into my home now.

Anyway, I've been saying since 2019 that "this will finally be the year I buy every doll a pair of their own shoes". I will say so again. It will not happen. But it's the thought that counts, right?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

Katherine

My main goal is to finish making my first MDD ^-^ 

So far I got wig , bodysuit for stains , a dress ,bloomers ,kimono waist , bear suit on the way though!!!!

Need the rest~

• Like 2

moerunamida
15 hours ago, Tasuke said:

i've been using a NIKON D5000 exclusively since new in 2009. it can be had online for pretty cheap these days;

D5000_12-10-19_1.jpg?width=1920&height=1

D5000%2012-10-19%203.jpeg?width=1920&hei

D5000%2012-10-19%204.jpg?width=1920&heig

Thank you for the suggestion!

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

Xiongmao

Forgot to add shoes. My Towa needs shoes. Actually we did order some sneakers from AliExpress before Christmas but it seems to have turned into one of those orders that will take forever. Right now she's wearing heels with her Dream! cheerleader outfit which just feels all wrong.

One other goal... try to impress on Towa that she is now in charge of the smaller girls and she really must stop these two sneaking out of the apartment and going to the beach for secret photoshoots:

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

BeyondTime
11 minutes ago, Xiongmao said:

Forgot to add shoes. My Towa needs shoes.

Dollheart and Cotindoll have DD sized sneakers. Don’t own any myself so I can’t comment on fit, but both companies make nice stuff.

https://dollheart.net/en/30-sd10-13-girl1-3

https://www.cotindoll.co/categories/for-dd、smartdoll

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

BeyondTime
On 1/12/2022 at 9:29 AM, Xiongmao said:

Little side project: we might buy some persocom ears for Towa on etsy so she can cosplay as Chobits Chii.

This seems like a decent Chii wig too: https://www.cotindoll.co/products/adw051all

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Silent

To buy or make veeery looooooong elvish ears (bestly in vinyl or silicone or anything soft and dye-able) plus strong mini-magnets (for ears and maybe even horns) for now.

• Like 2

Jezrah

I would like to finish sorting my doll clothes out into my new storage system so that I can find things more easily. This is easier said than done since I get bored with it after about a week, and that's not enough to get it done.

Once again I want to take more pictures, particularly of some of them that I'm now happy with their look but don't have any pictures at all yet. I would find this easier if I finally got around to getting indoor photo lighting and a backdrop.

Some of my kids don't have wigs, or I haven't clicked with their look and want to change them up and things like that, so I need one or more wig/eye runs.

Some of my kids have lots of outfits and others have hardly any, or even none that were specifically intended for them. I have been working on this for the past two years and will continue into this year.

I would actually really like it if no new dolls catch my eye this year so that I can sort out the ones I have first without FOMO issues.

• Like 1

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

seraphicdolls

Main goal - organize! Sort clothes and wigs. 😊 Change around the doll room so it is easier to dress and photograph. Definitely reconfigure layout a bit!

• Like 1

Wasabi

In general:
finish my desk setup so that I have a dedicated sewing space.
sew some clothes, any clothes, to get more comfortable with making doll clothes.
work on my photography skills.

• Like 1

yin8012

Goal to reorganize my doll items storage spaces and try to keep it nice and tidy. Also need to figure out a way to store all those doll boxes - open for suggestions :')

• Like 1

dollieseance

gonna be getting my first doll once my card gets replaced (of course it got stolen the day before the mochi ashi flesh skin restock >n< why meeee) so my main goal is to hold back and not spend like a million dollars on clothings and accessories! also experimenting with doing face ups and making my own stuff, especially shoes 

• Like 1

Arein

I would like to build a moderately sized and diverse wardrobe for my dolls. I would also like to become more comfortable around my dolls and become less terrified of staining. My fear keeps me from interacting with them as much as I would like to.

• Like 1

OhirumenoMuchinoKami

i want a miracle to happen in a sense that i can pay for all the costs of a DDS, and the probable customs that i know i will be charged. 

Karin is my goal. after her, i'd like a set of clothing or two. and i dont know, something close to this? maybe.

Unisex robe Meditação Zen monk vestes monge Budista roupas Monge Do Templo  de Shaolin Kung fu Uniforme Ternos vestido de monge|monk clothes|buddhist  monk robesmonk robe - AliExpress

• Like 1

Xiongmao

I woke up every 2 hours last night and at one point I even had a nightmare that Towa's eyes had fallen out!

Sadly at 3am came the dreadful news... we had failed in our Volks lottery bid 😭. Was anyone successful? (We were hoping for Mytyl). Will they run another lottery soon because the anticipation was kind of fun.

Towa is inconsolable but I have showed her a few potential new sisters on Mandarake.

Volks have a few new Dollfies but the Fate armoured ones are really pricey and we're not sure we're seeking an armoured doll.

• Like 2

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

Volks have a few new Dollfies but the Fate armoured ones are really pricey and we're not sure we're seeking an armoured doll.

Jeanne is very beautiful and has a pretty unique sculpt in spite of being a Saber-face. Her armor and weapons are worth it too.

She looks great in very regal outfits  

Of course you have to like Jeanne as opposed to Altria for that to matter. 

Nowadays the Volks Japan lotteries are usually Super Dollfie and not Dollfie Dreams. They will likely have several more lotteries for DD over the rest of the year though. 

I think we’ve all been on the losing side of the lotteries, so you aren’t alone. 

Celis814
3 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

Sadly at 3am came the dreadful news... we had failed in our Volks lottery bid 😭. Was anyone successful? (We were hoping for Mytyl). Will they run another lottery soon because the anticipation was kind of fun.

Towa is inconsolable but I have showed her a few potential new sisters on Mandarake.

Like you, Xiongmao, no Mytyl for me. I am considering trying again in the USA lottery, but I really shouldn't as I have a huge tax bill coming up.  If Volks releases SD Elsa this year I'm in trouble!

I tuned up my sewing machine and bought two patterns from Etsy to make a dress and pants - I have years worth of fabric that has been waiting for me.

I do need to buy shoes for my girls, everyone is unmatched. I have a few dolls that need to get cleaned up and photographed to be sold.

• Like 1

BeyondTime
3 minutes ago, Celis814 said:

If Volks releases SD Elsa this year I'm in trouble!

SD Elsa / Anna is due in Spring 2022.  

• Like 1

ebil

Wow, literally all I've heard form the most recent lottery are failures. I wonder if they had a very limited amount of Mytyl to go around.

• Like 2

Monty
26 minutes ago, ebil said:

Wow, literally all I've heard form the most recent lottery are failures. I wonder if they had a very limited amount of Mytyl to go around.

Not sure about actual quantities but Mytyl is one of the most popular and coveted SD releases (before this rerelease, I would see her going for up to $7000 on the aftermarket) so I’m sure the competition plays a factor too. Although interestingly, it seems like most people who tried for her at Dolpa were successful (which could also have to do with there being less people than usual at the recent Dolpas due to Covid concern and capped attendance, so more people than usual are trying for dolls online).

• Like 2

Roxanne
On 1/12/2022 at 6:29 PM, Xiongmao said:

I entered the Volks Japan lottery on a whim... who knows if we'll win but I thought it was worth a go (the exchange rate is very favourable right now). Well if we do somehow win then a Super Dollfie arrival might turn our world upside down lol.

I still need a Dollfie sister for Towa. I'm still not keen on the new DD models so it's likely we'll look on Mandarake and see if any grails appear. Alternatively we'll get a Dream Choice girl. I like the idea of getting a tan model but I'm not sure Japan will open up in time so we're probably looking for a proxy in order to secure a tan girl. But skin colour isn't a huge thing and if the world returns to normal we'll aim for October and get whatever girl we think will be the best sister for Towa. I know she wants a DDS but I love the phrase 'Mochi Ashi' so maybe we could get one of those instead.

Little side project: we might buy some persocom ears for Towa on etsy so she can cosplay as Chobits Chii. Do drop suggestions if you have any ideas for a white or pink lolita dress for this. Also I guess we'd need a blonde wig too.

Non-Dollfie related but our 3 new 1/3 scale Azones (and one old Obitsu) are very nice indeed. I love how they're cheaper, more poseable and more portable than Dollfies. They can stand up on their own two feet too. I'm sure I'll end up with a house full of those by year's end.

Finally, all our fingers are crossed for: (1) Volks lottery (2) Azone or Volks re-release of Emilia or anyone else from Re:Zero.

You might be happy to find out you can get an actual Chii dress for your doll! Here it is: https://www.ebay.com/itm/115003238355

You can even contact the seller to have it custom made to the measurements of your doll. Which I do suggest doing for Towa as I own this dress in different colors (the Freya version, black with red) and it's very small in the bust area. So contacting the seller for custom measurements would be a must for DDDY.

My instagram! 

Courtmom

To get my first two TF dolls and customize them!

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

So contacting the seller for custom measurements would be a must for DDDY.

All the measurements the seller needs should be here on the Volks website. I’ve directed clothes makers here for sizing  

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/dd/about_bodysize/

• Like 1

BeyondTime
On 1/31/2022 at 9:31 AM, Roxanne said:

You can even contact the seller to have it custom made to the measurements of your doll.

Bit of a follow up, but I just bought an outfit from them for an Iplehouse J.I.D. Girl, and had no issues when I asked them if it can be fit for their New Type L-bust J.I.D. body.  The part needs to be customizable to your specifications, but it’s made to order and they had no issues making adjustments where I needed. 

• Like 1

OccultBeast

goodboyyer-6 is a sort of Taobao reseller, but that being said, they are SO incredibly nice!  I've made a handful of purchases from them, and I've contacted them about other colours of things that aren't listed (but I know exist), and they always add the option on to the listings for me straight away!  Taobao refuses to work for me, so I don't mind buying from eBay resellers since paying for a little convenience is worth it to me, and I don't think their prices are unreasonable at all.  10/10 would recommend.