Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Lina

What are your doll goals for 2022?

BeyondTime
On 7/8/2022 at 8:34 AM, Xiongmao said:

I have my eyes on Kizuna AI.

Kizuna is an awesome DD. Super cute, and she'd look nice next to Uzuki and Towa. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Tasuke
On 7/11/2022 at 8:54 PM, Aurea_Arleigh said:

Wonder if these can be adapted to the neck from the old volks chara dollfie dolls from about 10-15yrs ago. I still have a like new trista sestina (kazumi yashiro) doll that I want to update to a newer poseable body.

Actually, if you mean the old "Ultimate Figure Series" pre-Dollfie VOLKS doll line,

well, that was exactly just what i did with my late-90's VOLKS UFS To Heart HMX-12 "Multi"

To_Heart_Multi_HMX_12_VOLKS_Ultimate_Fig

To_Heart_Multi_HMX_12_VOLKS_Ultimate_Fig

To%20Heart%20Multi%20HMX-12%20VOLKS%20Ul

Multi_OBITSU_26_Mbust_N_skin_6-23-21_1_R

Konomi_Multi_8-23-21_CROP_-_RESIZE_40.jp

Multi_8-4-22_RESIZE_30.jpg?width=1920&he

Edited by Tasuke
  • Like 1

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

bananaaether

Multi!!! She's sooo cute, I love her and I love the idea of giving these old fashion dolls a little body glow-up! I have a Tsukuda Hobby doll of Multi, she's such a funnily large size. I'd love to give her a new body someday since her arms are kinda prone to falling off but I've yet to spot a body that's quite in her scale....

Silent
On 5/17/2022 at 1:37 PM, Silent said:

Done.

Right now raising money for joints from Dolfun! site (knees and pelvis).

Also am trying to figure out how to order or which proxy should I use since they dont ship to my country.

Well, my goals lead to achieving in last months I guess.(Is this topic magical? :) ) I ordered them today and what is the best part of the story, my country is supported in shipping. Yaaay ^^

Janeway

Aurea_Areleigh thanks and so far l am ok. 

dilfslayer

I want to get a tea smart doll and start saving for my first dollfie dream 

• Like 1

Matty

I am hoping to be able to get my 1st dollfie dream or Mini dollfie dream. I also would like to complete my custom Miku. 

• Like 2

Tenukihandcrafts

My 2022 doll goals carried over from 2021: each doll gets a style and complete outfit. Finish my photo graphic novel, The Takashima Extraction, which features my bjds. I’ve had my eyes on SMd for several years and finally got Blake, cocoa Curiosity. 

• Like 1

DreamsicleDollAqua

I want to get my first dollfie dream hybrid and begin making a doll diorama for my 1/4th sized dolls.

• Like 1

nChoco

Most likely cleaning up my collection that I have not touched in years.

• Like 1

SweetTeethz

I want a complete vocaloid Dollfie set including sakura miku haha 

hopefully Kaito releases soon 🥲

• Like 2

Xiongmao

I just ordered a Dollfie girl from Mandarake. She's a minor grail of mine. I've kind of given up on ever obtaining Kagamine Rin, so it's not her.

In the same order (assuming the Dollfie is available) there are a couple of cosplay outfits for Towa. She feels a bit underdressed now that I have Uzuki. Uzuki is currently wearing her actual school outfit, which we were lucky enough to buy at the same time as her. It's a really nice outfit, even if it doesn't come with pantsu (for some reason).

I've decided there is a new grail. She's fairly recent and hopefully not particularly rare. I've set up a Mandarake alert so hopefully she will appear sometime.

I still want a tan girl but would love so much to order one in person, rather than use a proxy. So I don't think this goal will be achieved this year.

• Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

PolitelyNefarious

I set a goal for myself on the resin side of collecting to 'Finish at least one vinyl doll' this year. As it happens, I'm going to have two, because I managed to put together a chaos Interstellar Blue Gemini who was completely unplanned. He may not get there this year, because I need to remove a small stain before commissioning a faceup, but I'm still stoked to be able to check it off my list, along with the Tomorrow head I've had floating for a year or two now getting a body. She's got eyes already; all I need is a wig, some elf ears, and the right clothes. I am confident she'll be done.

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg

CreationOdyssey

Goals:

- Get back into sewing and designing 

- Finish all of my other doll customs and such (I have a project backlog going back to 2019)

- Purchase at least one of the three doll heads for my big MDD project

- Learn how to make “acrylic” doll nails 

- Make a 1/4 scale sofa

Soenatte

-Get active in the doll community/ hobby again as I've been gone for far too long (going on five years+ mother SD help me)

-Preorder Kaito and prepare for his arrival, he's literally the one that pulled me back in so he deserves only the best

-Finish my DDH-07 custom, maybe look into getting him a body if funds allow though that's unlikely

-Play with my dolls more and have fun again. That's it, that's all. That's the goal.

• Like 2

DDH07: Naoshin | Yui: Eclaire | DDH10: Noah | DDH01: Mafuyu P-chan: He Tian | Hime-Ane: Millefeuille

Kaito: Sora | DDH01: Astraia Tiamat: Ravus | DDH08: Alto  DDHo9: Leilani DDH07: Fyodor

Xiongmao
  • My latest haul arrived. Actually I'm impressed at how good Volks Japan prices are right now (even our sickly GBP is up around 18% on the JPY since I bought Towa at the end of 2020). The crazy thing is that genuine Volks stuff almost works out cheaper than buying the variable quality stuff from AliExpress.
  • I'm still looking for my latest grail. Given how many outfits we have now we definitely need a lot more bodies around the place.
  • I bought a semi-white bodysuit and I reckon it looks much better than the flesh one I had before. I definitely want to get some more of these.
  • I still need to make a Chii. We now have the wig and dress so it's up to the 3D printer to make the rest of the outfit
  • I need to go out and take many more photos, plus look into putting them into more interesting poses.
  • Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

Poofiemus
On 7/6/2022 at 12:49 PM, Poofiemus said:

I'm then hoping next year to get to a convention where Corina Boettger attends so I can have pictuers of Paimon with her English voice actress lol.  

Slight update here: I already found a local con where Corina Boettger attended! But I totally derped on having a picture of her with Paimon, sigh. . . I DID, however, get her to sign a little hoodie for Paimon and had a chat about dolls and crafts and things while she set up her booth. She's actually really cool!

Progress on Paimon's outfit is much slower going. . . one, I haven't been feeling great, for a number of reasons, and 2, clear gloss spray paint apparently HATES me. 

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Shamrock

I am being very selective in what I buy.  After losing another lottery, granted I didn't care either way, I am trying to save for SD-F-100 Tan or find one on the secondhand market; I missed the one on Mandarake 😭.  Oh well. I don't know if I can afford a proxy atm, so I will wait until online lotteries. 

Gwandak

I'm hoping to get my second doll this year. I've had my dollfie for a couple years now and I'd like to expand. I'm thinking of AP as my next company. We will see what happens.

• Like 1

MagicalRozen
On 7/12/2022 at 1:06 PM, MagicalRozen said:

Time to check in!

So I have completed all my original goals this year, save for the ones I decided I didn't want or need to do and Beatrice.

I have added some new goals, for the remainder of the year.

• Hunt for Tamaki head or fullest after October
  • Get a semi white dream choice in December
  • Hunt for Beatrice after October
  • Get a full custom outfit for Khepra
  • Commission Glitch custom
  • Get AP Elle
  • NO MORE DOLLS UNTIL OCTOBER
  • Make photo stories
  • Travel to Tokyo again to meet up with friends

Time to check in again since it is almost the end of the year!

• Hunt for Tamaki head or fullest after October
  • Get a semi white dream choice in December X
  • Hunt for Beatrice after October
  • Get a full custom outfit for Khepra
  • Commission Glitch custom 
  • Get AP Elle 
  • NO MORE DOLLS UNTIL OCTOBER 
  • Make photo stories
  • Travel to Tokyo again to meet up with friends

I was able to obtain an Elle and get a doll to shell Glitch into. Dream Choice will not be happing this year. I started too many unforeseen projects and the doll budget is very dry. Super content with how much I did this year in regards to this hobby and my collection. I went from 4 dolls to 12, and I hopefully do not have to stop anytime soon!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Khepra, Ginkgo, TamakiDelilah, HimikoRin, And Others That May Come And Go.

ZandurFox

I own lots of Disney dolls and Disney limited edition dolls from the Disney Store. I used to own a Smart Doll Cortex Mirai until I found out the creator's past dramas and how getting replacement parts is not that easy.

I only own one Dollfie Dream which is Kirika Towa Alma from the Shining Resonance game and I plan need to get another Dollfie Dream that is from a limited edition lottery from an Anime or Japanese game. Or one of the standard original ones like the Volk's own DD Mirai instead.

• Like 1

PolitelyNefarious

So it's almost December, and uh... wow. I thought BJDs and Transformers were plastic crack. I must concede vinyl the crown. It turns out the dolls I was skeptical of were the key to sucking my wallet into Dollfie purgatory.

My plan for the rest of 2022? Pay off things. I thought I would be finishing a whole Smart Doll, then ended up with two. A DDS body fell into my lap right after I committed to a custom head, and through secondhand market and surprisingly, Fabric and Friends, I ended up crossing off all the Smart Doll sculpts on my list save for one. If everything goes okay, I might even have a chance at that holy grail. I'm trying not to hold my breathe, but to be this close? In one year? Man. Never have I had a toy hobby come together like this, and I'm loving it. It's nice to have a small, precise list of what I'm after rather than endless wants. I feel like I can focus on that and not get overwhelmed.

• Like 1

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg

Lina

It occurs to me that even though I started this thread, I forgot to actually post my own goals!

Thankfully, I did keep them saved elsewhere so here are mine along with what I've crossed off so far:

1. Order 3 bases, 2 dream choice. Didn't happen and won't be happening this year, I had many unexpected expenses come up and welp, that's life!

2. Get a Tiny fox. Done! I absolutely love her!

3. Build a boxroom Diorama for my 1/3rd scales for photo shoots. Done! I absolutely love it!

4. Actually use it. ...Kinda. I've done two photo shoots within the first month but haven't done one in awhile, might need to get on that!

5. Sew WAY more, especially for the bigguns! - TBH not sure how I feel I've done with this. While I have sewn more than in the last couple years, most of the bigger doll outfits I had planned for this year didn't really pan out to be anything. I've sewn a bit for my Tinyfox, and a couple big items, but not sure I really hit this one either. Currently don't feel like I can cross it off.

6. Make 1/3rd food for photo ops. Nope. Not even one.

7. Make 1/3rd furniture to furnish box room. Yes!

8. Makeover shelving unit into bunk bed set up. This is another kinda sorta. I did give the shelf a makeover, but I wound up really not liking how much space it took up in the diorama and moved it elsewhere. It's back to just being a shelf. Crossing it off purely because I put so much work into it, even if I didn't ultimately use it for the intended purpose. 

9. Clear out the unfinished project bag! I kinda bombed on this one. I've done a lot of unfinished projects this year, but very few wound up being from the bag I wanted to clear out. It's still prettyyyyy full. But! I have one month left in the year, will update again in January!

10. Make more hats and shoes. Halfway there. I made a TON of fancy hats, but I completed 0 pairs of shoes.

11. Do the camping photoshoot while the yard is overgrown. Nope, summer came and went but I didn't finish all the props and now everything is dead til spring. I'll try and get it before I move next year!

12. Learn how to finish my clothes in a more professional way. I would say I have nailed this. I'm really proud of how much I've learned and how far my skill has come!

Edited by Lina
  • Like 2

Xiongmao

OK so I'm grateful for Thanksgiving because while so many people were sleeping off their 🦃 a major grail appeared on Mandarake. Hint: she has elf ears.

I don't quite know how Towa and I have gone from 1 Dollfie in January to 7 Dollfies in November (excluding preordered Kaito).

Also we have a lot of Azones now. Actually buying them for Mandarake prices, shipping them to the UK and putting them on eBay could potentially be a good arbitrage business, but I couldn't bear to part with any of them!

Thankfully I seem to have kicked my Lego habit, but now we need a mountain of bodysuits, wig caps and accessories.

Tasuke
On 7/14/2022 at 8:05 PM, bananaaether said:

Multi!!! She's sooo cute, I love her and I love the idea of giving these old fashion dolls a little body glow-up! I have a Tsukuda Hobby doll of Multi, she's such a funnily large size. I'd love to give her a new body someday since her arms are kinda prone to falling off but I've yet to spot a body that's quite in her scale....

i've one too!! she's a weird off-scale... 1/5 i guess? good luck finding an aftermarket body anything close to it;

02010969329.webp?width=1920&height=1080&

HMX-12_Multi_2-8-16_(1).JPG?width=1920&h

HMX-12_Multi_2-8-16_(2).JPG?width=1920&h

• Like 1

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png