Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
dollieseance

time to quit lurking!!

dollieseance

hey there, i’m gemini!! i’ve been lurking in this forum for a few weeks now, but with the arrival of my first doll head and the preparations of ordering a body, i’ve decided its finally time for me to make my introductions!

im only 18, but i’ve been obsessed with dolls since early childhood. i got into doll customizing when i was around eleven and bjds shortly after, however only recently purchased my first bjd around a year ago. since then however, i’ve become far more interested in vinyl dolls versus resin and completely obsessed with anime aesthetics. 

i’m going to be attending a cosmetology school soon, and i’m very interested in design of all sorts! character design, interior design, fashion design, i love it all! however, its been a few years since i’ve drawn in anime styles, so i got a dollce head with a face up off etsy! she’s absolutely gorgeous, but since she’s nothing more than a floating head, i’ll only post photos if asked!! the seller’s got another head up i’m already eyeing, but i’m doing my best to not jump the gun here! once i grasp the anime art style, i plan on doing my own custom face ups. i’m also going to experiment with eye making! 

i also want to make and sell clothing for them, possibly shoes as well. i want my girl to have a mdd mochi ashi body, but i’m a little scared that the heads too big >.< !! but i’m sure there’s a decent market for mochi ashi clothes, right? especially made by a super cute style icon such as myself ; p i’m also considering wig making, but i’m not trying to take on too many projects at once here, i’m just a baby!! maybe if sewing tiny clothing isn’t my thing i will lol

outside of this specific hobby, i also cosplay and watch a lot of anime. i’m about to start komi cant communicate! any other suggestions are much appreciated. 

anyway, ill likely bite the bullet and purchase my mdd body once it restocks, i’m sure its bigger than i expect! after all, the only doll i have for size reference is yosd/msd, so its probably the anxiety disorder talking yet again (it should really learn to shut up!!) i love the chubbiness of mochi ashis, especially since i’ve got pretty thick thighs myself lol! normal skin dollce matches dollfie dream flesh, right? 

as previously mentioned, i’ve got an anxiety disorder, so i like to triple double check things before i make any big mistakes lol!! so i’m sure many questions will be asked by me ^-^ i’m also a big fat chatterbox, so even though i’m shy at first i can talk your ear off once i’m warmed up!! but once i get everything i wanted to say out i can’t hold a conversation for the life of me. like now, i dont really know how to end thissss uuhhmm bye! 

• Like 2

chef_mai

Welcome!

8 minutes ago, Monty said:

Dollce ‘Primrose’ head on MFC recently and it looked good. Any of the 1/3 Dollce heads should be fine tbh, although the younger looking ones will match with the look of the body better.

My smaller girl was based on this same Dollce head (Primrose), but I'm going to switch her over to a dream choice head in the future. It's a good head, but I wasn't able to get the look I wanted from it, even with different wigs. 

That all said, Dollce heads are a nice 3rd party option for those looking for alternatives to the standard models.

dollieseance
1 hour ago, Monty said:

Out of curiosity, which Dollce head was it?

the type D sculpt!! which i’m pretty sure is ferris. she’s got a much defined pointy little chin and her eyes are more downturned than primrose, but they’re both very round and cutesy so i’m sure she’ll look just as good on an mdd!! thank you so much for your help!!

53 minutes ago, chef_mai said:

That all said, Dollce heads are a nice 3rd party option for those looking for alternatives to the standard models.

they werent really on my radar before, i knew about them but wasn’t really looking into purchasing one until i stumbled across the one on etsy and fell head over heels in love with the face up (and all of the artists work, my bank account is crying) also, i cant for the life of me get her head cap on TToTT since its such a struggle ill probably keep it off until i at least get her eyes in, but any advice? i warmed up the head cap itself until it was squishy and pliable but that still didnt work, i’m a bit scared to warm up the head itself though

but i definitely think she’ll be an amazing match on a mochi ashi body! thanks once again

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, lesbiangaara said:

the only doll i have for size reference is yosd/msd

MDD should be about the same size as MSD, but the Mochi Ashi is a bit shorter than a standard MDD. If you have clothes for your MSD, they should mostly work except possibly the shoes.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

chef_mai
57 minutes ago, lesbiangaara said:

i cant for the life of me get her head cap on TToTT since its such a struggle ill probably keep it off until i at least get her eyes in, but any advice? i warmed up the head cap itself until it was squishy and pliable but that still didnt work, i’m a bit scared to warm up the head itself though

I initially had some trouble getting the head cap back in. Warming helps, but in the end, just giving the cap a good squeeze while you work it in was what worked best. It's still not an easy job, but I can get it back in in about 30 secs now with no need to apply heat. Don't forget to line up the little notch on both the cap and the head.

dollieseance
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

MDD should be about the same size as MSD, but the Mochi Ashi is a bit shorter than a standard MDD. If you have clothes for your MSD, they should mostly work except possibly the shoes.

that would make everything so much easier- unfortunately my girlie has quite insane proportions (i believe she has closer to a YOSD sized chest and around SD sized hips) to so i’ve been hesitant to buy anything for her in case it doesn’t fit 😭 she lives in a single giant hoodie. hopefully she’ll get more clothing options once i start buying things for my MDD and since its impossible to stop at just one doll, i’m sure it wont take a DD too terribly to make it into my possession (perhaps i already have a concept for one) and ill have a wider range of sizes and hailey can finally get some more selections

54 minutes ago, chef_mai said:

I initially had some trouble getting the head cap back in. Warming helps, but in the end, just giving the cap a good squeeze while you work it in was what worked best. It's still not an easy job, but I can get it back in in about 30 secs now with no need to apply heat. Don't forget to line up the little notch on both the cap and the head.

i’m sure ill get it eventually then. but i’ll wait until i get the eyes in, no point in struggling for no reason after all! i’m really not that strong haha

BeyondTime
21 hours ago, lesbiangaara said:

YOSD sized chest and around SD sized hips)

I’m not even sure how that’s possible. YOSD are very tiny dolls.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

dollieseance
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

YOSD are very tiny dolls.

if seeing a visual would help you better understand, she’s a digidolls ponta : ) she’s not big at all, only about 33 cm, so she’s between MSD and YOSD sizes (she’s unfortunately absolutely swimming in an MSD sized hoodie at the moment, but at least she looks comfy) but she has monsterous hips 

BeyondTime
51 minutes ago, lesbiangaara said:

if seeing a visual would help you better understand, she’s a digidolls ponta

Yeah that makes more sense out of it. Closest Volks doll I can think of is MDD Mochi Ashi, but even that’s not right because the hips on Mochi Ashi are regular MDD hips.

dollieseance

@chef_mai i was just wondering which DD skin tone you matched the dollce head with? i haven’t been able to find anything about skin tone matches for dollce, but i also get bored and distracted very easily so i might also not be searching hard enough lol 

chef_mai

I put the head on an Azone body with Obitsu White skin tone, which is pretty similar to Volks normal/flesh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1