Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Roxanne

Does Volks Rescue Cream work on Smart Dolls?

Roxanne

I guess this is kind of a silly question but I just want to be sure before I splurge on some if the Volks Rescue Cream also works on Smart Dolls?

I mean I know they are both vinyl but I own both and I have noticed Dollfie's are more of a softer vinyl while Smart Dolls seem to be a bit harder? Because of this I'm kind of worried the cream won't work on them for some odd reason despite both dolls being vinyl. So if anyone has any expierence with using the cream on Smart Dolls I'd love to hear it. Thanks! 😄

Before someone will mention it because it's cheaper; I do am aware of the acne cream method, but seeing as English isn't the first language where I live I can't seem to find what I'm looking for exactly in my language. Plus the Volks cream seems so much easier to work with seeing as you can just let them lay around like that. With the acne cream you need to put them under some kind of heat resource if I remember correct? 

My instagram! 

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Because of this I'm kind of worried the cream won't work on them for some odd reason despite both dolls being vinyl. So if anyone has any expierence with using the cream on Smart Dolls I'd love to hear it. Thanks!

I asked the same question awhile back and one of our SmartDoll experts @Tierparkzone said it did. I have yet to try it, but @Tierparkzone knows his stuff, and the secret to making doll sized light sabers too.

Harder vinyl will take longer, just be sure to change the cream on the doll every 48 hours. If you leave it on too long it will scar the doll. 

You do need to put some plastic on the part to keep the cream moist while it works. 

• Thanks 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Tierparkzone
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

... one of our SmartDoll experts @K-2 said it did.

It was me, who said Dream Rescue works on Smart Dolls 😁. @K-2 uses Remove Zit. I'd say, get whichever one is easier to come by for you.

2 hours ago, Roxanne said:

... if the Volks Rescue Cream also works on Smart Dolls?

I've been using Dream Rescue on my Milk and Tea skin Smart Dolls without issue for years. I have no reason to doubt it's effectiveness on the other skin tones. A few things to note, though:

The harder parts of the Smart Doll shell (everything except bust and hands) are made of a denser vinyl that stains a bit slower than the softer parts or Dollfie vinyl. In turn, as @BeyondTime has stated,  getting the stain out will be a slower process as well.

Immediately after treatment, the surface of the treated area may look a bit rough as the vinyl has expanded from the cream soaking in. These marks should not last more than two days while the residual cream evaporates. (This seems to be somewhat dependent on environmental conditions, as I only get this in like one of every 4-5 treatments.)

1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

You do need to put some plastic on the part to keep the cream moist while it works. 

I do not cover or wrap the parts during treatments. It's less messy and I've found the cream works more effectively if it is allowed to absorb moisture from the air. But I live in an area with fairly high humidity. You can try covered and uncovered and see what works best for you.

• Thanks 1

BeyondTime
4 minutes ago, Tierparkzone said:

It was me, who said Dream Rescue works on Smart Dolls

Sorry ><;

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction