Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

ragnamuffin

Obitsu Desktop Dolls

ragnamuffin

Does anybody have these? I’d seen them before but didn’t realize they were from a proper series and wasn’t interested. Then Obitsu made a post tonight about the latest models (Aquamarine/Cocoa) and I’m coming around to them. The newest ones at least are kinda cute.

https://www.obitsushop.com/SHOP/7637/list.html

663C2816-30E3-4B2A-B7DB-D574A692A504.jpeg

Edited by ragnamuffin

asukakanea

they're so cute! I've seen them, but on some japanese hobby shops. I'm still new to Azone, so I've been trying to decided on which doll I want.

ragnamuffin
38 minutes ago, asukakanea said:

they're so cute! I've seen them, but on some japanese hobby shops. I'm still new to Azone, so I've been trying to decided on which doll I want.

I’m glad you like them! I’m thinking of picking them up once the pink one is back in stock, and plan to post pics if I do. :)

Just FYI in case you weren’t aware, these are by Obitsu, not Azone (Obitsu manufactures the plastic for Azone’s dolls, but they also have their own lines of dolls). They’re also OB11, meaning they’re approximately 11cm tall and in 1/12 scale, which is about 4 to 5 times smaller than most of the dolls you’ll see on this site. BUT! they’re also much more affordable, although you may need a proxy for these ones in particular since Obitsu doesn’t take orders from overseas.

asukakanea

I get confused about what's Azone and What's Obitsu. thanks for explaining. they must be so smol!

• Like 1

ragnamuffin
10 hours ago, asukakanea said:

I get confused about what's Azone and What's Obitsu. thanks for explaining. they must be so smol!

Super smol. I’ll try to take a pic of an OB11 with my 1/3 scale Azone for comparison.

Edited by ragnamuffin

battrastard

Definitely "Super Smol"....

My Lil Fairy crew measures in from 16 cm to 13 cm. at their shortest.

2021-08-22_02-41-25

I have a better pic for size reference to compare height to a DD

And then, there were SIX!!

Definitely "Smol". This was back when I only had four, I currently have ten. (DDs and Lil Fairies)

Edited by battrastard
  • Thanks 1

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

ragnamuffin
On 4/10/2022 at 1:57 AM, asukakanea said:

I can't wait to see it!

Here are the pics as promised!

Alice is a 48cm 1/3 Azone from the Ellen series. Tyrol (pink) and Ribbon (mint green) are OB11s since they use the Obitsu 11 body, but their faces and clothes were designed by Dollybird/Hobby Japan.

BA61560F-32A3-4E11-B2DD-80652DB6E6C4FB07DDEF-D65F-4389-BDB6-37B5A885C80B

And here’s a comparison of several dolls in different scales.

Beside Alice and Tyrol & Ribbon are Sahra (1/6 scale Pureneemo M) and Erunoe (1/12 scale Lil Fairy Picconeemo D). Erunoe is the same as the one in @battrastard’s photos, and is slightly taller than the OB11s despite being in the same scale. Sahra and Erunoe are also by Azone.

E5122C6C-7F93-41EE-AA58-E08909BFEE241EE6B15C-BECF-49E5-8553-AC8168200A724A0173D4-8AAF-479C-93C5-BE98BDDD9A92

@battrastard your photos sent me down another Lil Fairy spiral and I’m blaming you if I end up with ten more babies by the end of the month! 😂

• Haha 1

battrastard
3 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

@battrastard your photos sent me down another Lil Fairy spiral and I’m blaming you if I end up with ten more babies by the end of the month! 😂

Well, I guess I'm safe until these two cutie are released in September??

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-138046

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-136899

@onion9@@onion20@@onion6@

• Haha 1

asukakanea

thanks for showing use all the pics. it was nice to see the size comparison. they're so cute. I'm going to be getting a sarah soon so it was nice to see how the size is in reality. I love their faces so much. squeeeee!

ragnamuffin
36 minutes ago, asukakanea said:

thanks for showing use all the pics. it was nice to see the size comparison. they're so cute. I'm going to be getting a sarah soon so it was nice to see how the size is in reality. I love their faces so much. squeeeee!

You’re welcome. I’m glad it was useful for you 😊

Oh how exciting! Which Sahra are you getting?? I love the Sahra’s a la mode dolls, they have such lovely faces!

StormyWeather

oh my GOD these little motherfuckers are so small... i'm obsessed!!

On 4/9/2022 at 1:17 PM, battrastard said:

2021-08-22_02-41-25

idk why but the big hands are so charming. it makes them look so stylized and cartoony!! also i think the fact that they look a little less like babies and a little more like very stylized teens/adults emphasizes how SMALL they are.

Edited by StormyWeather
  • Like 1

asukakanea
On 4/15/2022 at 12:11 PM, ragnamuffin said:

You’re welcome. I’m glad it was useful for you 😊

Oh how exciting! Which Sahra are you getting?? I love the Sahra’s a la mode dolls, they have such lovely faces!

oh I'm getting the sahra's ala mode Nostalgic Story Collection. the one with the black dress.

• Like 2

battrastard
On 4/15/2022 at 10:32 AM, StormyWeather said:

oh my GOD these little motherfuckers are so small... i'm obsessed!!

I had to LMAO over that post! @onion9@

It really did take some time to get over their over-large hands and feet, but, the overall look of them, and their size, compared to DDs, just really enhances the cuteness factor of the lil munchkins....

bubblysoda
On 4/9/2022 at 1:17 PM, battrastard said:

2021-08-22_02-41-25

I have a better pic for size reference to compare height to a DD

And then, there were SIX!!

Definitely "Smol". This was back when I only had four, I currently have ten. (DDs and Lil Fairies)

Cuteee

• Like 1

ragnamuffin
3 hours ago, asukakanea said:

oh I'm getting the sahra's ala mode Nostalgic Story Collection. the one with the black dress.

Congrats! She looks gorgeous.

On 4/10/2022 at 2:17 AM, battrastard said:

This was back when I only had four, I currently have ten. (DDs and Lil Fairies)

Now that I’m seriously looking at picking up some more cuties (thanks to you 🤨) I’m curious to see all of yours, for science. I remember asking you about them way back when you were in process of getting more. Wondering who you’ve since acquired… 🧐

asukakanea

wow their hands really are huge. reminds me of old American cartoons a bit but not in a bad way.

ragnamuffin

Update time!

So, to bring the topic back to the Obitsu Desktop Dolls, when I first made this topic, I was still on the fence about them and ended up sleeping on them, during which time they sold out and stayed out of stock for about six months😒

I’d been waiting for them to come back in stock all this time, and checking the Obitsu web store last night lead to the discovery that, lo and behold, they were finally available again! An order was placed, money was spent, and tears were shed (by my wallet and maybe by me too), but what’s done is done and it’s for the greater good 😏

Hopefully I’ll have these babies in hand within the next two weeks so I can spam this thread with pictures. These dolls are quite rare to see even in the Japanese dollverse, so I can’t wait to get them!

• Like 1

ragnamuffin

They’re heeere!!! And true to their name, they’re on my desk top (kinda?)

A3E110FA-5515-482E-A35F-368F0C3E8165

I ordered these just before the long weekend, so it felt like it took forever for them to arrive.

83437A25-3D01-430A-B523-BD303E22CA6B

I literally let out a gasp when I opened their boxes and couldn’t stop smiling. They are SO much cuter than the stock pictures on Obitsu’s website and are just so, SO charming.

03603269-D00E-41F0-A897-239C08493C2AA6716680-1E9B-4020-BE67-0052B03B9F84

They came in these tiny, compact boxes with the outfits you see here, aprons and kerchiefs (pictured in the first photo above), socks, shoes, additional hand parts and these tiny magnets to stand on. Interestingly, there are magnets in their shoes but not their feet, unlike the larger Obitsu dolls.

E7D1ABF9-9C36-48C3-B9A1-D80A49B24C692732D334-439B-4EA5-B717-840884D13C589CF1A70E-5F39-43CB-92D9-A07E00736EF767F0BC50-F794-462C-8178-9E762588480C

The magnets were so small they made me laugh. Here they are next to Alice’s 1/3 size magnet stand:

841BAE1C-0FE1-4C34-AEC6-2634ED39F3A4

On that note, I decided to introduce them to Alice:

CF87CEE8-8744-4266-BB34-2E22B4781820

”Hm?”

DE204A86-6197-4F4E-A42D-99BF94926D8B

”Give us hugs.”

”Ara ma!”

756B0FB4-0FF9-47AC-BE7D-A9304AC89F08

“Oide~”

6115D243-9544-48BC-BCB4-42AC3F8D8D380AF99F70-5195-4030-BE87-6E57C80E8DE6

Painted eye family represent!!!

Edited by ragnamuffin
  • Like 6

battrastard

Adorable micro-munchkins!

Seeing them waving from their boxes is so cute! 

• Like 1

MagicalRozen

Ah the cuteness overload!! 😍

• Like 1

Khepra, Ginkgo, TamakiDelilah, HimikoRin, And Others That May Come And Go.