Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Utena Tenjo & Anthy Himemiya

Monty

To commemorate the 25th anniversary of the Revolutionary Girl Utena anime, Utena and Anthy…!

I’m thrilled to see Anthy in what looks like the Tawny Icon tone! I had been wanting to see a DD in that colour since Icon was introduced.

The girls look incredible. I assume they’re the next Dolpa release in April.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 10

Anna-neko

YES YES YES YES YES!!!

shut up and take my wallet immediately dot meme 

ahem *deep breath* Dare I hope Utena-sama will have a RoseBride dress, or both of them will have the bonus school uniform sets of their own

Edited by Chise
  • Like 3

bulgogi017

The Doll gods have smiled upon us today, blessing us with Anthy. But in exchange, our wallets must weep.

Joking aside, this release is really exciting! I love Twany’s skin tone so it’s nice to finally get a DD girl in it! 

ebil

So delighted that this is happening!!! It’s 3:30am here and I was in bed when I saw notifications about this from discord. Proceeded to flail with other excited people. It was a literal “babe wake up, ((thing)) just dropped” moment for me.

Anthy’s tone looks darker then Kanu’s, dream choice tan, or Y’shtola; I wonder how it measures up against Icon tawny and if it’s the exact same color? I hope Volks considers using it in Dream Choice if she is received as warmly as I expect she will be!

@Chise I believe it is strongly likely we’ll get the girls’ uniform for Anthy, at least. (As for Utena maybe they’ll just make the transformation embellishments of her uniform removable.) Can’t wait to see just how big they make those big ol’ sleeves. :)

Edited by ebil

Anna-neko

If Erica or Saber are any indication - the sleeves would just be sewn with stuffing inside. Makes them nice and big
buuuuuuuuut dare I speculate they'll do the Musicals route? With the lil fluffy petticoat underskirts to go with the giant sleeves!

ooooh oh oh!! What if they go the SailorMoon route, and simply release A Uniform with 2 pairs of shoes a watering can or ..uhh... bookbag? so either of them could wear it

Listen, if we gonna wildly fantasize, can you envision a glorious display, similar to what they did with FATE using resin boys to fill in for Akio or Touga?  dunno about you, I can SEE the in-store with the cardboard cut-out upsidedown castle already

Edited by Chise

Mega Negi

Does this mean that there will be a 4th skin tone for all DDs including option parts? OwO

OccultBeast

I though I had my life figured out, and then this happens. The one pipe dream DD I thought would never come true. o|<

Anna-neko

hi sorry... still me... Cannot stop staring at that teaser image.... Himemiya has DARK JOINTS!!
Volks clearly could always make the matching joints happen, they just didn't wanna.... (unless these are photoshop & "sample may differ from final product" shenanigans in which case I will cry)

• Like 4

hellFlower

I love their sculpts! Anthy’s especially. I can’t wait to see a full shot of them.

On the topic of outfits for them, I wonder if Volks would make what they wear in the movie?

ebil
9 minutes ago, Chise said:

hi sorry... still me... Cannot stop staring at that teaser image.... Himemiya has DARK JOINTS!!
Volks clearly could always make the matching joints happen, they just didn't wanna.... (unless these are photoshop & "sample may differ from final product" shenanigans in which case I will cry)

It’s always been clear that it was possible for them, because Kanu, Sanji (first tan/nonstandard skin DD), the Dream Choice brown DDs, and presumably Y’shtola all had matching joints — the Icons are just the freakish exception to this for some reason. I don’t know if it’s because they had much smaller production runs than the above dolls or the fact they originated to use up leftover DD3 frames or what (I think the latter) but the Icon skeleton mismatch was never any lack of capability. So don’t worry, Anthy’s joint color is definitely not photoshopped.

Edited by ebil
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

toughstermcg

Volks knew I'm on a budget right now so they went for the jugular. 😭

Anthy looks incredible, Utena's faceup isn't my style but I could never go for just one of them, I need both.

abs2891
4 minutes ago, ebil said:

It’s always been clear that it was possible for them, because Kanu, Sanji (first tan/nonstandard skin DD), the Dream Choice brown DDs, and presumably Y’shtola all had matching joints — the Icons are just the freakish exception to this for some reason. I don’t know if it’s because they had much smaller production runs than the above dolls or the fact they originated to use up leftover DD3 frames or what (I think the latter) but the Icon skeleton mismatch was never any lack of capability. So don’t worry, Anthy’s joint color is definitely not photoshopped.

Yeah, controversial as they may be - the story has always been the mismatch was intentional, not an inability.  The inference they couldn’t match the joints came from speculation.  

Yshtolla is tan like dream choice so her joints match - much lighter than Anthy though.  Interested  to see if this is the only time they use this color or if they start to offer in dream choice later 

• Like 1

moerunamida

I've heard of the characters but only when they were released as Pullips. It's good to see Volks doing a darker skin tone. Hopefully, this won't be an except especially if parts are needed for replacement.

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

ParacosmDoll

Edited by ParacosmDoll
  • Like 1

Hazukami

Made an account just to say HOW HAPPY I AM, BUT ALSO *UC*!!!
I bought Y'shtola x'D don't regret it, but oof!
I knew this was a possibility b/c of the anniversary and imagined how pretty they would look
and now here they are ; A ;

Does anyone know how orders will go for them?
I know we get news on the 27th/28th
-------------
Hope they're not released together irrrk

or don't pass the 70,000 to 80,000 yen mark looking at other recent dollfies @_@
I 100% want both but would prioritize Utena if I have to.. really hope it's not like with SE that they made us pay upfront
and thay they have SOME time between releases OTL
Hadn't even thought about the bonus clothes! That'd be amazing to see for uniforms or even film outfits.~
--------------------
Y'shtola made me think what dollfies could be released to REALLY screw me over lol Anthy and Himemiya were 2 of the 4 lol 
Thought we might get one next year OR some major big figure even figma of Utena re-release of Megahouse Anthy.
So I abosolutely love this, but my wallet hates me. I'm super picky with dollfies and I don't want every chara as a doll
but Anthy and Utena make the perfect dolls and I love their eyes unlike the SM ones (though I know you can change those, I still don't love them...)

kranberrijam

I was planning on finally trying for an Icon this year. Then Volks does this to me. My husband is going to scream when he wakes up because he knows this is totally happening. I am so thrilled by the the 90's love recently!!!!!

• Like 3

🍺💅🐙 Linktree : Instagram : TwitterYouTube 🐙💅🍺

931519944_Xakselle_banner_blogger-Copy.jpg.13edd8df929d8ad05e5998f9d5689a19.jpg

Innocentsake

I am so delighted to see Utena & Anthy in Dollfie Dream form 😍 And I absolutely need Anthy 💯 Now we need details about how to get these lovely ladies ❤️

• Like 2

Nyx Whitestar

I thought I was safe for 2022, but noooo, Volks had to release these absolute beauties. I'm just in love with their sculpts (look at those mouths!!), and I'm really excited about the Tawny-like skin tone!

ig-log10.png ap10.png

direpoodle

Omg this is an actual dream come true for me...  Shoujo Kakumei Utena is my favourite anime series of all time, I just thought it was a pipe dream, but I can't express how excited I am!!!! I truly thought my wallet would be safe this volks news though XD I agree that Anthy's skin tone looks lovely, I'm so glad they appeared to have made it darker than the regular tan.

• Like 1

CaffeinatedCake

Oh my god my friend just DM'd me about this and the noise I made was NOT human I AM SO EXCITED I AM SCREAMING

• Like 1

Help! I fell into DD hell!

yin8012

Exciting!! Both of them look so beautiful. I wonder if the darker skin this time is similar or same as Y'shtola?

• Like 1

BeyondTime
6 hours ago, Hazukami said:

Does anyone know how orders will go for them?

I'd expect they will follow the pattern of other releases and be a clickwar item on the Volks website.

6 hours ago, Hazukami said:

Hope they're not released together irrrk

or don't pass the 70,000 to 80,000 yen mark

They will almost certainly be together as the upcoming Dolpa's DD releases.

Somewhere between ¥70,000 - ¥80,000 seems likely.

Utena is coming home for sure, but I'm not sure about Anthy. I really don't like the idea of skin colors that don't have option or replacement parts, so unless this tone is a new standard option, she seems like a maintenance nightmare. That's what's always held me back from getting Kanu.

That said, I'd love to see Volks release this color into their lineup, and Anthy's sculpt seems really faithful to the character.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

CaffeinatedCake
7 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I'd expect they will follow the pattern of other releases and be a clickwar item on the Volks website.

They will almost certainly be together as the upcoming Dolpa's DD releases.

I am praying so hard that they go preorder route or like, standard lottery. If it's clickwar I'm doomed... I have 0 expectation that I would win 😭

BeyondTime
8 minutes ago, CaffeinatedCake said:

I am praying so hard that they go preorder route or like, standard lottery. If it's clickwar I'm doomed

Best we could expect is probably a release similar to Fumi, with a limited pre-order that closes once capacity is reached. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

CaffeinatedCake
Just now, BeyondTime said:

Best we could expect is probably a release similar to Fumi, with a limited pre-order that closes once capacity is reached. 

I could work with this! Just... anything but a clickwar... weeps.