Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Hazukami

How to fill out address in Volks International

Hazukami

I see where to put my zip code and
I believe "City address:" is your normal address (but does this include the name of the city and state as well?)

i.e made up name
City address: 1108 Baker street 
Building, apartment name: 1408
or is it
City address: 1108 Baker Street, Los Angeles, California 
Building, apartment name: 1408

since "Building, apartment name:" is for well, apartment..
Basically I'm confused as to where Volks would get my city and state from
unless they don't need it due to my zip code providing it..

Sorry for this newbie question, I just want to make sure everything is correct so I don't fill out anything wrong
and then a dollfie doesn't get delivered properly. Thank you!

hellFlower

When I check my address on Volks Int I only see Address 1 and Address 2. I'm not sure if it's just because I have an older account and they just used to do them differently, or if there's some weird inconsistency here. For my case I've split my full address (including zip code and country) into my street address, so 1408/1108 Baker  street (using Australian formatting here idk how apartment numbers work in america lol), and then the remaining bits go into Address 2.

For your case I think the second format would be correct, and likely the safer option, especially for an international purchase. After you've entered I'd definitely go double check your member information and make sure it still says city address and building, apartment name though.

Hazukami
42 minutes ago, hellFlower said:

When I check my address on Volks Int I only see Address 1 and Address 2. I'm not sure if it's just because I have an older account and they just used to do them differently, or if there's some weird inconsistency here. For my case I've split my full address (including zip code and country) into my street address, so 1408/1108 Baker  street (using Australian formatting here idk how apartment numbers work in america lol), and then the remaining bits go into Address 2.

For your case I think the second format would be correct, and likely the safer option, especially for an international purchase. After you've entered I'd definitely go double check your member information and make sure it still says city address and building, apartment name though.

You are completely correct! For some reason it was showing what I typed on my initial post
but now it just has Address 1 and Address 2
x'D regardless it was confusing not being asked/having a slot for city and state
Thank you so much, I filled out the same! ; u ; /
Though I still have no idea why it didn't show Address 1 and 2 at first..

Tierparkzone
On 2/27/2022 at 8:45 PM, Hazukami said:

City address: ...
Building, apartment name: ...

On 2/27/2022 at 10:28 PM, Hazukami said:

Though I still have no idea why it didn't show Address 1 and 2 at first..

This sounds like the system first showed you the input mask for Japanese addresses. (There may be a prefecture selector where you have to choose "overseas" before the mask changes?)

In Japan, most streets don't have names. - So addresses usually work via a Prefecture->City->District->Subdistrict->Block->Building(complex) system. That's what would go in the "City address" field.

For additional "granularity", apartment buildings then have a name as identifier. Amusingly, these often sound much more opulent than the building actually is (e.g. a ramshackle hut called "Grand Court") or they are just crazy (Who doesn't want to live in the "Dramatic Arena"?). These apartment buildings also don't display tags with the names of the tenants, so you have to provide an apartment number for your order to arrive safely. This info would go into the "Building, apartment name" field.

As this input mask really doesn't make sense for most countries apart from Japan, the more generic Address 1/2 query makes much more sense for the international site. I wonder what first made it default to the Japanese version for you.

Hazukami
11 hours ago, Tierparkzone said:

This sounds like the system first showed you the input mask for Japanese addresses. (There may be a prefecture selector where you have to choose "overseas" before the mask changes?)

In Japan, most streets don't have names. - So addresses usually work via a Prefecture->City->District->Subdistrict->Block->Building(complex) system. That's what would go in the "City address" field.

For additional "granularity", apartment buildings then have a name as identifier. Amusingly, these often sound much more opulent than the building actually is (e.g. a ramshackle hut called "Grand Court") or they are just crazy (Who doesn't want to live in the "Dramatic Arena"?). These apartment buildings also don't display tags with the names of the tenants, so you have to provide an apartment number for your order to arrive safely. This info would go into the "Building, apartment name" field.

As this input mask really doesn't make sense for most countries apart from Japan, the more generic Address 1/2 query makes much more sense for the international site. I wonder what first made it default to the Japanese version for you.

Yeah I figured it was that after mulling it over and had I not taken a screenshot I would've thought
I somehow saw wrong x'D it was probably something on my part done wrong, but it did confuse the heck out of me
for some good hours. lol 
Thank you for reaffirming my concerns!