Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

StormyWeather

HELLO!!!

StormyWeather

Hello hello hello! My name is Stormy! I use They/Them pronouns, am an avid artist, jfashion enthusiast, and gamer. I pay for my fashion, crafting and collecting hobbies by working at a nature museum - so if you want to talk conservation or wildlife, hit me up!

I've been in the doll hobby for a bit, but only bought my first vinyl doll recently. Her name is Iris, and shes an Azone head (i dont know the sculpt, sowwy ;w;) on an obitsu body, who i bought secondhand. She's the most expensive thing i've ever payed for with my own money, and i love her dearly <3

spacer.png

(ignore my messy desk, aight?)

• Like 4

moerunamida

Hello, she is lovely ♥ Welcome to the forum!

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

diastrefo

She is absolutely darling, I just love her dress! Welcome to the forum!

Your work sounds so exciting! The closest I ever came to that was volunteering at my local zoo & teaching to kids for a summer - I really enjoyed it, though.

battrastard

Welcome to the forums!! 

Iris is definitely a cutie! Her outfit and hair combination compliments her very well! 

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

StormyWeather
14 minutes ago, Eighteafive said:

Hello, she is lovely ♥ Welcome to the forum!

Thank you! I'm really happy with her!

4 minutes ago, diastrefo said:

She is absolutely darling, I just love her dress! Welcome to the forum!

Your work sounds so exciting! The closest I ever came to that was volunteering at my local zoo & teaching to kids for a summer - I really enjoyed it, though.

Ohh, that sounds fun! Science education is real fulfilling work, and i've been going to this museum since i was tiny, so its nice to pay it forward. Even if people keep calling out Flying Squirrel mount a Bat.... ;w;

3 minutes ago, battrastard said:

Welcome to the forums!! 

Iris is definitely a cutie! Her outfit and hair combination compliments her very well! 

Shhhh, dont tell anyone, but thats just an American Girl dress with a sheer ribbon around the waist as a belt! My cousins had a realllly extensive AG collection growing up, and they left it behing at home when the left for collage. The wig is actually a size to small for her (you can tell by how short the bangs are) and i got it in a trade before i had even purchased her - it's sooooo pretty, even if it is pretty frizzy rn >.>

• Like 1

battrastard
6 minutes ago, StormyWeather said:

Shhhh, dont tell anyone, but thats just an American Girl dress with a sheer ribbon around the waist as a belt!

6 minutes ago, StormyWeather said:

The wig is actually a size to small for her (you can tell by how short the bangs are) and i got it in a trade before i had even purchased her

LOL! Sounds like you'll fit in here quite well, then! Adapting, Improvising and Modifying are used here frequently.

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

StormyWeather
Just now, battrastard said:

LOL! Sounds like you'll fit in here quite well, then! Adapting, Improvising and Modifying are used here frequently.

Thats good to know! Honestly i'd just assumed you all knew what you were doing, based on how gorgeous your dolls look <3

Hanyuu

I love the dress, very cute!

Starwaia

Welcome! Your girl is very pretty, I love the sweet face! I totally get the whole AG handmedowns thing, my sibling and I used to have a bunch, unfortunately none that could be easily modified except a pair of jeans that was pinned in the back to fit. I still have the dolls though and I want to fix them up at some point- one or two have detached limbs at the moment. I still am fond of them even though I've moved on to BJDs and similar dolls.

I hope you enjoy it here! This community is starting to bring me out of my shell here as well- if you like doll meets there's a Zoom meetup that seems to be pretty regularly weekly (at varying times to accommodate different locales) posted here (I'll find the link in a sec just lemme post thi) and everyone I've talked to is really nice!

EDIT: Here is the thread for the meetup, but don't worry if you don't wanna dive in that fast ^^;

Edited by Starwaia
added link

Got less time to do doll stuff and more time to procrastinate. I'll try to be active here more discussion-wise but no pics or news for a while, unfortunately. Being busy sucks.

Currently watching BNHA, on season 6 and obsessed! (being in a fandom late makes dodging spoilers an issue tho :()
More into Nendoroids than BJDs rn, but I'm waiting for a grail of mine and also hoping to get back into that stuff soon!

StormyWeather
On 3/21/2022 at 12:14 AM, Starwaia said:

Welcome! Your girl is very pretty, I love the sweet face! I totally get the whole AG handmedowns thing, my sibling and I used to have a bunch, unfortunately none that could be easily modified except a pair of jeans that was pinned in the back to fit. I still have the dolls though and I want to fix them up at some point- one or two have detached limbs at the moment. I still am fond of them even though I've moved on to BJDs and similar dolls.

I hope you enjoy it here! This community is starting to bring me out of my shell here as well- if you like doll meets there's a Zoom meetup that seems to be pretty regularly weekly (at varying times to accommodate different locales) posted here (I'll find the link in a sec just lemme post thi) and everyone I've talked to is really nice!

EDIT: Here is the thread for the meetup, but don't worry if you don't wanna dive in that fast ^^;

Thanks for letting me know! Unfortunatley, i absolutely Loathe zoom calls. Something about having to look at my own face, and the fact that only 1 person can really be talking at once, so you cant break into smaller convos... it's just not for me ;w; Maybe i'll dip in some day, though

Rajke

Welcome to the forums 😁

@onion20@   This is a signature.

LadyLeeLau

Hellooooo fellow New member! 

OH my gosh, that sounds like the best job ever!! Would love to talk about it sometime! 

Ha ha, I know the forums is for talking about dolls, but c'mon, what an awesome mix of wildlife conservation and dolls!! 

Nice to meet yooooou!