Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Leilaloha

Could you please help me find a bigger head?

Leilaloha

Hallo, I made a heavy investment in the dollfie dream body and clothing for it, and I am very disappointed with the head size. I was going to use this doll for reference for my art, I have two brain injuries and it's very hard for me to do research. I want a head that's about 5 in tall and the head that I have is about 3 in tall. Do any of you know a head that will work with this body that is about 5 in tall? Thank you very much. It can be any brand I just prefer an anime look

chef_mai

What head/sculpt did you get, and on which body? (DD, DDS, DDP, MDD?)

Heads designed for MDD like the DDH-01 will be as large as it gets with Volks, but if you got a mature body, a head like that generally won't look quite right.

That being said, no Volks heads are 5-in tall to my knowledge, so if you want a more "anime" look, a smaller body (MDD or DDP) paired with a larger head (DDH-01, DDH-27 or a Dollce head) is the easiest way to get closer to that 5-6 heads tall proportion you might be aiming for.

I'm saying this because I also partly got into this hobby to use my doll as an art reference.

I'll also add that for an art reference, if poseability if important, DDs aren't the best at this. I went with Obitsu-based dolls for this very reason, and you'll want to look into Angel Philia for the most poseable dolls due to their soft vinyl shells. 

Edited by chef_mai
  • Thanks 1

Subaru

The biggest doll head I can think of is maybe the Otohime head?
I think they are around 6 inches tall, or 16 inch circumference.

pretty sure the head would completely swallow the neck and look weird though.

Edited by Subaru

My wallet needs a vacation 💸
spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy

Monty

I thought 7 was the biggest of the DD standard heads, to the extent that people complain about its size and have shrunken it with acetone. It might be what you’re after although it’s definitely not 5 inches tall. If you search up DDH07 (or any head really) you can see images of how it looks on bodies to see if that’s what you’d want. 
The only other alternative would be going for a smaller body like DDP although I personally think that depending on the head the proportions would look bizarre (as in, head too big).

ebil

Dollfie Dream dolls and other comparably sized (1/3 scale, 50-60cm in height) anime dolls are not going to have any head which is anywhere near that big. They may be slightly bigger or smaller than what you have, but nowhere near what you are looking for.

If you're set on a head which is five inches in height, very few of those exist among commercially available large anime dolls. One of the only options is the Otohime dolls mentioned by Subaru.

Luckily they are less expensive than Dollfie Dreams so you can probably sell yours and buy one and come out ahead price-wise. You can see the size of an Otohime here to verify how big they are in real life:

They are available here. You can select "full set" to see options to buy one with all of her clothes and hair already included, or pick and choose the parts as desired.

https://paraboxshop.jp/index_en_jpy_711.html 

If it doesn't have to be anime styled or extremely poseable, another option is the Rainbow High 24" tall fashion doll, which also has a very large head, but it's not on topic for this forum.

Edited by ebil
  • Like 1

Yumeiro

I am not sure how large the bigger Leekeworld A type heads are. They are resin and not vinyl though, but I just thought I should offer the suggestion anyway.