Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Luci_Glasya

Hi everyone!

Luci_Glasya

I've been lurking on these forums for a couple of weeks and since I just received my first DDS Karin today, I figured I should make my account and introduce myself! I actually took a bunch of pictures of myself unboxing her today and hopefully, some of them won't look too terrible!

I am quite familiar with resin BJDs. My high school friends and I discovered them because of our anime/manga hobby, but of course, no way could we afford them. For a long time, I just kind of forgot about that little obsession. Then, I started seeing doll face ups, garage kit painting, and Smart Dolls popping into my Youtube feed which triggered memories of my high school BJD obsession. At first, I thought I was going to order a Smart Doll, but after doing a lot of research, decided... Noooope!! And I turned my attention towards the Dollfie Dream standard models.

And now I have Karin and absolutely no regrets. She's so pretty, even better than her promo pics. I'm planning to make some clothes for her myself as well as purchasing other things for her in the future. My wife actually suggested a new name for her, either Emily or Elly. I think those suit her quite nicely. :)

• Like 2

Dolorre

Welcome fellow human! Can't wait to see the pictures of your Karin. 😃

Personally, I like the name Emily.

• Like 1

Rajke

Welcome to the forum. 
@onion20@ We really want to see photo’s of Emily/Elly. 

Edited by Rajke
  • Like 1

@onion20@   This is a signature.

Luci_Glasya

spacer.png

Thank you for the warm welcomes! I've decided her name shall be Emily, for sure. Here's one of the photos I took while I unboxed her! You can see some of the plastic packaging in the background, whoops. 😂 Looking forward to honing my sewing and photography skills!

• Like 2

Roserolls

Welcome! Congrats on your Karin, she's a super pretty doll! Emily is a nice name for her☺️

• Like 1

Dolorre

She's adorable! I always liked that sculpt. 😊