The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Griff

Are there any guides for attaching hair to a wig?

Griff

Question in thread title.

I've been trying to add a braid to a doll wig for a while now and purchased a thing of doll hair from a hobby store recently, but I'm not coming across any tutorials that help me figure out how to attach it properly.

I'm also asking because I really don't want to screw up something while in the process; figured I'd ask people are more "experts" on the subject.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Subaru

I'm a bit confused by the question. Do you have a picture of what you're trying to do?

Loose doll hair is usually used for "rooting" the hair with a needle directly into a dolls head. I've linked a youtube video below that is the basic gist of rooting/rerooting.

If you're trying to make extensions, you will probably need crimping beads or something to directly attach the fibers to the wig.

It's usually easier to sew in wefts to an existing wig. If the hair you bought is a weft, then it should be a lot easier to attach with some handsewing.

I'm not an expert on wigs so hopefully someone else will be a bit more helpful.

My wallet needs a vacation 💸
spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy

BeyondTime

I’m curious about this too. I have a ponytail wig for Mio Akiyama and I’d like to add her side tails. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Griff
13 minutes ago, Subaru said:

I'm a bit confused by the question. Do you have a picture of what you're trying to do?

Loose doll hair is usually used for "rooting" the hair with a needle directly into a dolls head. I've linked a youtube video below that is the basic gist of rooting/rerooting.

If you're trying to make extensions, you will probably need crimping beads or something to directly attach the fibers to the wig.

It's usually easier to sew in wefts to an existing wig. If the hair you bought is a weft, then it should be a lot easier to attach with some handsewing.

I'm not an expert on wigs so hopefully someone else will be a bit more helpful.

My bad. Not sure how I would go about asking it I guess.

Though your suggestion about crimping was exactly what I was looking for. I'll need to go back and grab some more stuff to do so, but I'll be sure to try that out and add to this thread with my progress.

Amara77

You can create wefts by glueing or sewing  hair to some a piece of fabric then sew the wefts to the wig

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....