Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
battrastard

10th arrival = Llenn!!

battrastard

Rena-Not-Rena, yeah, I said from the beginning she wouldn't stay as Rena. 

Had this idea for quite a while, and she's still not quite finished, but, getting a new camera and her outfit arriving yesterday just made me too impatient to wait for her boots and "P-Chan" (her fave weapon, a pink P90) 

Her outfit was done by Mari at Beyond Wonderland, and I think she did an awesome job! (Her hat being a bit too small is my fault, I didn't give the correct measurement for her head/wig circumference, I guess) 

Anyways, here she is, Llenn from Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online!

20221206111612_IMG_0002

20221206111901_IMG_0003

20221206112155_IMG_0004

"Um, excuse me, Mr. Giant Person, but, this isn't my P-Chan!"

Um, yeah, it's going to be a bit before P-Chan gets here, but we do have plenty of other weapons here you're welcome to use.

"........."

20221206112418_IMG_0007

*drops the gun* "WTF??? Wheres my boots? (though the pink socks are a cute touch, I guess!)"

Ummm, about that, too...............

"......................*sigh* well, do you have anything to eat, maybe? Or is that on order too? And, I'm not even going to ask about why my hat is too small!!"

Food? I think I can manage "something"...

20221206112754_IMG_0010

"Well, at least I won't starve here.." 

Aside from my "mess-ups" I think she came out very nice. 

One more pic for details:

20221206112533_IMG_0008

Thanks for looking! 

Rick

Edited by battrastard
  • Like 16

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

baldylox

She looks amazing!  I love all the details on the outfit.

It sucks you guys have to wait for the gun and boots and a new hat but hey, she's still adorable!  Hopefully it won't take too long and then she'll be at 100%.  I know it sucks to wait but you can do it Llenn!  <3 

Billy

• Like 1

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Xiongmao

That's a cool outfit. I really like the gun holsters. Towa wants some of those. We 3D printed her a rubbish pistol a few weeks ago but I should have another go at that as I'm getting better at 3D printing.

And 10 dolls... you're future me lol.

• Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

battrastard
5 minutes ago, Xiongmao said:

That's a cool outfit. I really like the gun holsters. Towa wants some of those. We 3D printed her a rubbish pistol a few weeks ago but I should have another go at that as I'm getting better at 3D printing.

And 10 dolls... you're future me lol.

Thank you! 

A 3D printer is definitely on my "wish list" for the future. 

10 has to be my stopping point for now, there's no room for any more! (to think, this time last year, I only had four!!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Xiongmao

My 3D printer is a Flashforge Adventurer. It's limited to 15x15x15 cm prints but that's fine for doll stuff. I don't use it that much, but it's nice to have. What I like about it is being able to scale things, like I made some twice regular sized Lego skeletons.

I move my girls around the house a lot so 10 would be hard work. Also maybe Towa would demand everyone wear the same outfit... which could get expensive.

• Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Rajke

Looks good so far. 
It’s just a matter of time I guess before the outfit is complete. Rena is an excellent choice for Llenn. 
@onion20@

• Like 1

@onion20@   This is a signature.

DesertPhantom51

Oh she looks great! 

Spoiler

GGO>SAO BTW

• Like 2

battrastard
12 hours ago, DesertPhantom51 said:

GGO>SAO BTW

I agree 110%!! 

And, Llenn says: "Damn Straight it is!!" 

Edited by battrastard
  • Haha 1

MagicalRozen

Oh my goodness she turned out adorable!

I have no knowledge of the series she comes from but it is so exciting to see how she turned out (even if she's not 100% finished yet).

I am so happy for you and I'm glad she seems to be making herself right at home! Honestly, she's so stinking cute 🥰

Khepra, Ginkgo, TamakiDelilah, HimikoRin, And Others That May Come And Go.

battrastard
Just now, MagicalRozen said:

Oh my goodness she turned out adorable!

I have no knowledge of the series she comes from but it is so exciting to see how she turned out (even if she's not 100% finished yet).

I am so happy for you and I'm glad she seems to be making herself right at home! Honestly, she's so stinking cute 🥰

Thank you! I'm trying to keep her attitude as close to the anime as possible, she's a real little spitfire, to be sure! 

I actually picked up her gun, P-Chan, today, but it's printed in white, so there's some painting and clear-coating in the near future! 

Her boots, on the other hand, probably won't show up until July-ish. (slow China Surface Mail is slooow!) Then, paint for them, too... No-one makes Combat Boots with Pink accents, I guess! 

• Like 1

ragnamuffin
5 hours ago, MagicalRozen said:

Gun Gale Online. You can watch it on Netflix Japan!

• Thanks 2

MagicalRozen
9 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

Gun Gale Online. You can watch it on Netflix Japan!

Ooo! Noted! 🥰

Khepra, Ginkgo, TamakiDelilah, HimikoRin, And Others That May Come And Go.

battrastard
On 6/13/2022 at 11:26 AM, Rajke said:

Looks good so far. 
It’s just a matter of time I guess before the outfit is complete. Rena is an excellent choice for Llenn. 
@onion20@

Thanks! I'm very impressed with how her outfit came out. Slowly but surely, she's coming together. 

As soon as I saw some forum pics of Rena, I just knew she would make a perfect Llenn. After changing her eyes and finally finding the perfect wig, it changed her completely! 

• Like 1

battrastard
On 6/12/2022 at 3:11 PM, baldylox said:

It sucks you guys have to wait for the gun and boots and a new hat but hey, she's still adorable!  Hopefully it won't take too long and then she'll be at 100%.  I know it sucks to wait but you can do it Llenn!  <3 

Llenn: Hi, Mr. Billy! (although all the girls here say I should call you Oji-Sama, or Uncle Billy) The Elder here seems to be trying his best at getting the rest of my gear, so being a bit patient will be a good thing for me. 

P-Chan came the other day, but she was white! The Elder tried to paint her, but the heat and lack of humidity made the paint clump up! Elder says he ordered an airbrush kit to make it better, though. I can't wait to have P-Chan back, Pitohui broke her pretty badly in the last Squad Jam. 

Thank you so much for your comments, everyone here seems to be very supportive, and I'm glad to be in a place that isn't being overrun by monsters and players that are always trying to kill me! 

It's very relaxing so far, and I won't mind if it continues this way! 

Llenn 

• Like 2

battrastard

Made Llenn a tiny bit happier today: 

P-CHAN!

"P-CHAAAAANNN!!!" 

• Like 7

baldylox

Ahhh P-Chan looks great!  And she definitely looks a bit happier.  😉  Congrats girl! 

Billy

• Like 1

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

battrastard

Just a slight update on getting Llenn together:

Picked up a set of boots from Code Noir on Etsy a few months back, BUT, my laptops autofill feature gave an old, outdated address for shipping. 

So, I never got them..........

Re-ordered them, with the correct shipping address, and picked them up a couple of weeks ago.

It's been raining or super humid lately, so today I finally got the chance to mask and paint them:

2022-07-31_01-31-082022-07-31_01-30-54

Next will be lacing, after I give them a few days to dry completely. 

Michaels craft stores have some awesome supplies that can be "re-purposed" to use for our Kiddos, this cording was in the Jewelry section, and the thickness and colors are a perfect match!!

2022-07-31_01-31-39

Also, looking in the clearance aisle, you can find some of the neatest odds and ends:

2022-07-31_01-32-42

Totes!!!

I'll get some other pics together soon with the Kiddos holding some of these, but they were cheap!! The large ones were .99 cents each, and the smaller ones come in a three-pack for $1.99.

More to come..... 

Rick

• Like 3

battrastard

YAY, BOOTS!!!  

Finally got Llenn to at least slow down for a pic. 

Once she put on her completed boots, she took off like a cat in a bubble bath! 

Now to wait for her hat.

2022-08-04_10-40-45

Now, I'm contemplating making her knife out of aluminum, or invest in a 3D resin printer. hmmm.......

Thanks for looking!

Rick

• Like 10

bananaaether

LOVING the colors on the shoes! And thanks for the tip about these tiny cords, they are totally perfect shoelaces at this scale! I gotta go look for them!

• Like 1

battrastard
2 minutes ago, bananaaether said:

LOVING the colors on the shoes! And thanks for the tip about these tiny cords, they are totally perfect shoelaces at this scale! I gotta go look for them!

Thank you! 

Yeah, Michaels hobby store, or possibly Hobby Lobby would have them in stock. I used the old, black laces that came with the boots for a size reference, just to be sure.

It came on a card with pink, purple, blue and green cords, at 30 ft/9.1 m each, so plenty of laces to be made! 

• Like 1

Rajke
15 hours ago, battrastard said:

YAY, BOOTS!!!  

Finally got Llenn to at least slow down for a pic. 

Once she put on her completed boots, she took off like a cat in a bubble bath! 

Now to wait for her hat.

2022-08-04_10-40-45

Now, I'm contemplating making her knife out of aluminum, or invest in a 3D resin printer. hmmm.......

Thanks for looking!

Rick

Looking good. The boots have turned out really nice. 
If you have a sturdy hand trying to cut out the knife in aluminium isn’t a bad idea. 

battrastard
3 hours ago, Rajke said:

Looking good. The boots have turned out really nice. 
If you have a sturdy hand trying to cut out the knife in aluminium isn’t a bad idea. 

Thanks! 

I don't think I'll have a problem fabbing it out of aluminum, I made this knife for Tana 8 1/2 years ago: 

IMG_0061

This was back when she was still on her DDII body. 

I was thinking a 3D printer, just so I'd have one for other projects too. 

I also made the two Bat'leths for Billy's Maid Brigade Armory. 

Edited by battrastard
  • Like 2

Rajke

Looks really good and realistic. Also love the hilt part. Is the knife build in multiple parts (held, guard and blade)? And if it is how dit you connected the parts? 
(sorry for asking multiple questions)

battrastard

No worries! I made the blade "full tang" meaning the handle is full size with a wooden plate on each side, then sanded to fit. (needs to be a bit bigger, really)

The guard was made separately, fitted to the base of the blade with a drop of superglue to hold it in place while the epoxy for the grips (wood) cured. 

then a final coat of urethane over the wood for a preservative/stain prevention. 

• Like 1

Rajke
23 hours ago, battrastard said:

No worries! I made the blade "full tang" meaning the handle is full size with a wooden plate on each side, then sanded to fit. (needs to be a bit bigger, really)

The guard was made separately, fitted to the base of the blade with a drop of superglue to hold it in place while the epoxy for the grips (wood) cured. 

then a final coat of urethane over the wood for a preservative/stain prevention. 

Never thought about staining. I have to remember urethane as a coating for wood.

@onion20@ I have to 📌 that idea to the wall. 

Full tang is a good option. With epoxy and and superglue i don't think those parts ever come apart. 

• Like 1