Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

scripple

BJD Visual Novel / Classic RPG

scripple

I've been thinking about alternative ways of showing photostories than the classic photos/text interleaved long scrolling. The latest I just put together is a visual novel / classic computer RPG style viewer.  I thought I'd share it here in the games and dolls section.   It's meant to be a "full screen" (browser window) experience, but phone browsers are really inconsistent in how and when they show the address bar which kind of gets in the way so I made it slightly shorter.  Also there's not really enough room for it to work well in landscape mode on most phones.

Anyway, why not share an old story with the star of the visual novel that essentially pulled me into the doll world in VN format.  So here's Saber enjoying some pocky.

Pocky!!! - Visual Novel Style

davidd

🤣 Love the scene where she's snarfing directly from the bag!

• Like 1

scripple

Saber's and their appetites.  It's a wonder anyone can afford to keep them.  😋

scripple

I made several changes to the VN app.  It now works pretty well on phones in landscape mode.  Moved the text onto the images in a semi-transparent box.  Also cleaned up the tab order and such, added settings for text size, max number of lines, and animation speed.

• Like 1

scripple

Just made the buttons actual icons instead of letters and added fullscreen mode to avoid the annoying address bar getting in the way (you have to click a button to activate it).  I tested on very recent firefox and chrome for android, but I have no apple devices to test on.  The info out there is definitely mixed on whether or not the apple devices support the fullscreen api but I suspect some do as there is a webkit specific set of calls to use it.

StartPlanting

Whoa! I know this is an older post but the style is great! Photos are good too! I just ran it on a iPhone 8+ and I don’t have that WebKit, but it works and views well regardless. 

scripple

I'd kinda forgotten about this version after I moved to the full dialogue bubble player.  Glad it still works and you enjoyed it though. :)