Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Roxanne

Volks SD Harry Potter Collaboration

Roxanne

I didn't see a topic about them yet so I hope it's okay I'm making one.

Volks will be releasing Harry Potter dolls! For now Ron and Hermione have already been revealed, with Harry and Draco said to come at a later point in time.

They are currently already available on Mahou Dokoro (Wizarding World JP site), priced 110,000 yen, with pre-orders starting today and ending august 31. With actual shipments planned to start end of april 2023. 

Link to Hermione

Link to Ron

I haven't seen them pop up on the official Volks website yet so I'm waiting for that. I really want to get these, I love them!

Twitter post link: here

Spoiler

Spoiler

Update: Now Harry and Snape have also been added! (Thanks @Grover864 for mentioning this!) 

Harry is priced at 121,000 yen, and Snape at 165,000. Pre-orders for these two will start at 10 november 2022 and end 09 january 2023. They are planned to start shipping at the end of august 2023.

Link to Harry

Link to Snape

Spoiler

45183-4.jpg?cacheKey=1668046435

Spoiler

45184-4.jpg?cacheKey=1668046435

Edited by Roxanne
  • Like 3

My instagram! 

lmnprty

Interesting to see that they need a minimum order of 200 per doll to get them made - I don't think we usually see preorder stipulations like that?

Hermione's sculpt is really charming, and the yen exchange rate is so good right now that it's tempting to order. I know I'd only keep the head and the wig, though.... not much of a HP fan.

• Like 1

marishade

The 200 minimum is so strange to me, not a fan. Especially since there is no mention of them on the official Volks site. It's all very odd.

• Like 1

monkeypizzasonic

I like Ron's cheeky sculpt, but I'd want him bigger than SD and I'm not interested in any of the HP stuff...plus I'm still paying off the Frozen gals. Maybe he'll pop up secondhand someday, but they'll probably be really expensive.

• Like 1

Roxanne
14 hours ago, marishade said:

Link for official page on Volks:

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/sd/special/harrypotter/

So it's pretty much confirmed Volks themselves will not sell them? As it's linking to that site at the bottom of the page.

I kept waiting for them to pop up there. I'm not a fan of having to order them somewhere else. It seems odd to me that is the only option. Other licensed ones in the past I was interested in always appeared for sale on Volks' website as well, but then I'm from the vinyl side of the hobby and these would be my first resins so I'm not sure if these work in the same way the Vinyl ones do usually.

I also agree it's odd they need to have at least 200 made or they'll cancel. These dolls really seem like something totally different than what we're used to. Though I don't think getting 200 orders will be a problem with how popular HP still is to this day.

My instagram! 

Roxanne

Oh no, I just read this site doesn't even deliver outside of Japan! That makes it even more sad and inconvenient that Volks' themselves aren't selling them.

Will need the whole workaround of finding an agent again to order it for you and then send it to you and it makes it even more expensive that way... *sigh* Really Volks, why 😭

My instagram! 

marishade

Yea, the whole this is weird. I have never seen Volks do something like this before. Maybe WB is really insistent on how they are sold? IDK. Volks has done Japan-only releases, but it's usually for in-store or in-event only limited dolls. Not pre-orders.

Misuka

I believe the cash down is due to the sheer size they believe they will get. It might exceed what Volks normally gets for dolls, hence they need more production money up front. HP is huge. This doll will bring quite a few new owners.

monkeypizzasonic

I'm wondering how they're both 1,000+ when the Frozen girls were (except for big Elsa) less money + had more complex outfits + unique skin colors + weren't basic SD sizes. Is the HP license that much more expensive? 

Maybe I'm just extra cynical because I jumped off the Potter train at book 5, but these look more 750 - 950 to me.

Misuka

It's most likely the HP license, going to the original creator, and WB

Edited by Misuka

Grover864

They have now added Harry and Severus Snape. Link to the new additions here. Harry is 121k yen and Severus is 165k yen. 

Order period: November 10, 2022 (Monday) 11:00 to January 09, 2023 (Monday) 23:59
Scheduled delivery: Scheduled to be shipped from late August 2023

Since you have this post already @Roxanne, I didn't want to start a new one. Feel free to move it to a new one if you like or think it needs to be.

• Like 1

BeyondTime
34 minutes ago, Grover864 said:

They have now added Harry and Severus Snape.

Those are well done. Severus looks too young, but overall that's a good likeness. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Poofiemus
18 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Those are well done. Severus looks too young, but overall that's a good likeness. 

Maybe that's because it's book Severus? Severus, Lily, and the Marauders were all definitely younger in the books than in the films if you actually do the math. Like Lily and James were early 20's at the oldest when they passed. So if he IS Book Severus, or a mashup of book and film Severus, the baby face kinda makes sense. 

Or maybe it's just that Volks makes everyone babyfaced and I'm reading too much into it :lol:

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Poofiemus said:

Or maybe it's just that Volks makes everyone babyfaced and I'm reading too much into it 

It’s a good explanation. Not sure I’ve even seen Volks make a wrinkled SD, so the youthful look doesn’t surprise me. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Anna-neko

These dolls look delightful, and im so glad the kids actually look like kids
but having been spoiled by Alan Rickman as Snape ... im sorry you gorgeous doll... you may wear the clothes, but you are not Severus to me

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, Anna-neko said:

but having been spoiled by Alan Rickman as Snape

He was spot on. Main reason why this Snape looks too young, but I also think it has his eyes  

R.I.P. Alan. 

Roxanne
On 11/10/2022 at 4:13 AM, Grover864 said:

They have now added Harry and Severus Snape. Link to the new additions here. Harry is 121k yen and Severus is 165k yen. 

Order period: November 10, 2022 (Monday) 11:00 to January 09, 2023 (Monday) 23:59
Scheduled delivery: Scheduled to be shipped from late August 2023

Since you have this post already @Roxanne, I didn't want to start a new one. Feel free to move it to a new one if you like or think it needs to be.

Thank you kindly for contributing to the topic! I totally missed their releases for some reason so it's actually very helpful!

I have added the info to the original post as well, so it's easier to spot for everyone 🙂

• Thanks 1

My instagram!