Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
plasticyears

Sophie's photo thread! ♡

plasticyears

Decided to make a thread here for my doll photography so it's collated into one place. I'm not an expert but photography is a hobby I really enjoy. 

Kicking things off with Rhyme, my DD Excellen, who just returned from getting her face done 💕 I am practicing DD faceups myself so initially I was feeling a bit guilty about sending her off to someone else, but in the end I'm glad I did this as my free time is pretty limited and this way, I can just enjoy her now. 

100.png.80e76efe3fcff711548f7becdbdf1b91.png

rhyme2.png.236ccb4b8dce81e2647a11277ee407e3.png

(Faceup by Call me Gorgeous, dress by Popomini/chocoxchouchou)

• Like 8

plasticyears

+ last one from this set! 

rhyme3.png.a2315c7bde6c79416ee0c642bcb20fab.png

• Like 10

baldylox

YESYESYESYESYESYES!!!!!

Finally, we get to see another Excellen!  She's so rare and so amazing when she's repainted!  Yours is just gorgeous!  <3<3<3 

I think she's a super under rated sculpt and she needs way more love than she gets.  I'm so happy to see another one here looking magnificent! :) 

Thanks so much for sharing her, your photos do her a great deal of justice.  

Billy

• Like 2

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

plasticyears
15 minutes ago, baldylox said:

YESYESYESYESYESYES!!!!!

Finally, we get to see another Excellen!  She's so rare and so amazing when she's repainted!  Yours is just gorgeous!  <3<3<3 

I think she's a super under rated sculpt and she needs way more love than she gets.  I'm so happy to see another one here looking magnificent! :) 

Thanks so much for sharing her, your photos do her a great deal of justice.  

Billy

Thank you so much!! yeah, she's absolutely enchanting. I feel so lucky to have mine, and of course I love your girl too... 🥰💕

• Like 1

RetroKanojo

I'm new to Dolls, so I just looked up her original DD and WOW, this face-up really suits her well! I get what you mean with feeling guilty about sending her off, instead of doing it yourself, but I think in the end it's nice sometimes to just sit back and relax and simply enjoy your girl 😄

• Like 2

plasticyears

@RetroKanojo thank you! and yeah, that's what I thought. I can now spend much more time taking photos of her and spoiling her now that she's complete. 
I'm hoping to do a faceup on this girl soon...this is Clover, my Escalayer. I'm thinking some face markings will look cute on her. 

clover.png.696a571d865e619b353f78ab535722c7.png

• Like 3

RetroKanojo

Love the combination of the wig and eyes on Clover 🤩 The colors are amazing and that sweater looks so nice and comfy as well. I think you're right, some markings would look really adorable on her! I'm looking forward to see what you do with her!

• Like 1

plasticyears

Exciting arrival today - DDH16! (*≧∀≦*) I've been looking for this sculpt for a little while now. Excuse the weird blank head and messy wig, but I think he looks super cute as a shy, scholarly boy! I'm going to try and have a little clearout to raise money for an Obitsu 50 body. Not that I couldn't just buy one, but space is limited and I figure I should try and clear things out a little before bringing more home, haha. Not sure on names for this guy - maybe something nature related?

ddh16.png.0e4637c44fbf1098d4205c0896d1827d.png

• Like 5

Maia
2 hours ago, plasticyears said:

Exciting arrival today - DDH16! (*≧∀≦*) I've been looking for this sculpt for a little while now. Excuse the weird blank head and messy wig, but I think he looks super cute as a shy, scholarly boy! I'm going to try and have a little clearout to raise money for an Obitsu 50 body. Not that I couldn't just buy one, but space is limited and I figure I should try and clear things out a little before bringing more home, haha. Not sure on names for this guy - maybe something nature related?

ddh16.png.0e4637c44fbf1098d4205c0896d1827d.png

I hope you don’t mind me suggesting some names. I think Aster, Adonis or Olive would be a nice name.

• Like 1

plasticyears

@Maia not at all! And hmm, I think you may be right. He'd suit an A name. 

• Like 1

plasticyears

Got a new doll a little while back, a MDD Mayu Tamano <3 She's been on my Wishlist for a while and I found a local seller who was fine with letting hers go. She's so cute, I was initially going to get her a custom faceup immediately but I actually find her default very nostalgic and charming, hence her name - Charm :) her body is the old MDD so it's very floppy at the legs, but I'll try fixing her up soon. 

girls.png.c13179254db55b10b101de8562189e58.png

• Like 6

plasticyears

(deleted)

Edited by plasticyears
  • Like 3

plasticyears

(deleted)

Edited by plasticyears
  • Like 5

plasticyears

We went for a day out with a friend the other day!

powys.png.4c1836b1213202035e8df447806df331.png

• Like 4