Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
ZandurFox

Best travel backpack or satchel for DD?

ZandurFox

I already have a Peak Design Backpack v2, but I don't like how it is tricky to get my DD Kirika inside most of the time after testing it out in my home.

Is there any other recommended travel backpack for my DD Kirika Towa?

Since, I don't want to damage my doll while traveling or outside in my local area. Also, I don't want the wig to loosen when I put my DD inside a travel backpack, it came from my experience to my former Smart Doll, when the wig came loose and fell at the time. At least I am careful this time around and won't let it happen to my DD Kirika.

Oculae

There's lots of great suggestions in here! Near the end of the topic I posted a carrier DOLK sells that, while pricy, is nice enough that I plan on using it for all my meets.

• Like 2

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

ZandurFox

Oh, nice! Thank you for sharing!

Xiongmao

I have the Miku Hatsune styled doll carrier and it's definitely eyecatching (and practical too).

Recently I picked up a doll sleeping bag on AliExpress and it will be perfect if one of my girls goes travelling with me (the official doll carrier is pretty big).

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

mayaiincho

I hike with Alsty with my backpack quite a bit. Let me check that backpack... Yeah it's camera backpack. 

I'm not sure how you'll be able to do that. For me I use a Osprey hikelite 26 and if you're going for about the minimal size a 20 - 26 liter is the best. I'm really beating the crap out of the Olympus camera and lens but photos are more important. But I put Alsty in a waterproof roll top bag to a drastically reduce any abrasion. At least so far Alsty and her clothes have been pretty prestine from damages and abrasion from the hikes. I haven't fallen or anything but I've gotten about 300 miles with this technique. 

BTW I really prefer a roll to bag that expell excess air volume. I love my 20L sea to Summit evac bag. It's just the optimal size for 1 or 2 dollies. 

Also btw,  are you using a silicone wig cap or similar? It'll help prevent the wig from flopping around. Imo I really recommend the coolcat wig cap. Perfect fit for DDs. I use them for all my dollfies. I bought about 10 of them. 

I need 3 more DD bodies >°<I have 3 floating heads atm. Poor Yuki,  Anya and Marisa. 

20220820_235232.jpg

20220820_235553.jpg

Edited by mayaiincho

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

Xiongmao

For anyone else wondering how to travel with Dollfie (or Smart Dolls) here's the doll sleeping bag I bought on AliExpress:

spacer.png

Uzuki Hatsune reckons it is "super, super comfy" and a great choice if you want to put your precious doll in a suitcase or backpack.

We also have the official Dollfie travel case (Miku Hatsune version) and it's pretty epic:

spacer.png

For the human it has both carry handles and a shoulder strap.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

mayaiincho

I brought my miku bag to a convention once. It was utter hell. The strap i thought was pretty lame and with the length, you'll bump into nearly everyone after 3pm. It may work in some situation but i'll never use mine again. On that thought I should sell it...

I'm sticking with backpacks till I find something better.

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

Jezrah
2 hours ago, mayaiincho said:

I brought my miku bag to a convention once. It was utter hell. The strap i thought was pretty lame and with the length, you'll bump into nearly everyone after 3pm. It may work in some situation but i'll never use mine again. On that thought I should sell it...

I'm sticking with backpacks till I find something better.

Were you wearing it like a gym bag with the ends sticking out in front of and behind you then? I only carry my Volks case like that when I have lots of room. Otherwise I wear it like a cross body bag, with the top end that has the doll's head in it near my shoulder and the bottom end with the doll's feet near the opposite hip area. It's much more compact like that but doesn't take much more effort to put on. If it's super crowded you could also wear it across your front, though that would be about as stylish as wearing a backpack on your front.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

mayaiincho
On 9/1/2022 at 7:07 PM, Jezrah said:

Were you wearing it like a gym bag with the ends sticking out in front of and behind you then? I only carry my Volks case like that when I have lots of room. Otherwise I wear it like a cross body bag, with the top end that has the doll's head in it near my shoulder and the bottom end with the doll's feet near the opposite hip area. It's much more compact like that but doesn't take much more effort to put on. If it's super crowded you could also wear it across your front, though that would be about as stylish as wearing a backpack on your front.

I did a bit of everything :) it was quite useful in Florida though. Imo the shoulder straps need to be bigger.