Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

0bsequi0us

Imomodoll 1/6 Vinyl Doll

0bsequi0us

This is a pretty interesting new-ish release, so I wanted to share about it here! Sorry if this isn't technically on-topic, I don't quite know if it counts or not.

I entered the first preorder for these dolls in May, and mine just arrived today! It was only 98rmb, or about $15, so I was pretty skeptical about the quality. I've been a fan of Imomodoll's resin dolls for a while, but 98rmb is very inexpensive for a doll like this. 😅

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

I wasn't really expecting a lot, but I'm very impressed!!! The body is actually squishy vinyl parts with hard internal parts, unlike my Tinyfox dolls which are hard. It's easy to achieve really expressive poses, and it balances quite well even with most of the weight on one foot.

spacer.png

The legs are a bit fiddly and like to fall off if you attempt certain poses, but they're very easy to just jam back in place.

spacer.png

And a comparison to the old Tinyfox body, just because I was curious.

I love this doll!!! I'm very excited to hear that the artist is working on different sizes, colors and even fullsets in the future. Can't wait to give this little one a faceup! 😚

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

sugarbeta

That's an absolute steal for $15! It looks so nice. And I'm not going to judge it for legs popping off, not when my MDD (which emphatically did NOT cost $15) can't keep her feet on.

Thank you for showing it off; I had no idea Imomodoll had expanded into vinyl. Can't wait to see more of this little rascal lol.

• Like 1

Oculae

Vinyl is a brand new venture for them, I'm surprised they've managed to make it so cheaply! I think I found a FB post somewhere mentioning that they were thinking of expanding to a dark tan skintone, but the MOQ was 300 so the poster was trying to find more people to join the order for it. I'll have to see if I can find it again...

• Like 1

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

0bsequi0us

@sugarbeta Yeah, I generally kind of expect that vinyl dolls will kinda loosen or pop out over time. I'm honestly really impressed that that's all I've really had an issue with, though I guess I have only had it for a day yet. 😅

@Oculae I was talking to some friends on Instagram about that a while ago, I'm glad it was going around on facebook too! I placed an order for one, but I'm not 100% sure how it's going. On their weibo they showed a picture of a bunch of tan heads that were finished recently, but it's a lot lighter than what was originally shown.

This is the original pic they showed that they called "chocolate":

spacer.png

And they just uploaded this one a few days ago, which looks like more of a mid/light tan:

spacer.png

So either they're doing both, or they're just settling on a lighter tan? I'm not sure, since I'm just going by google translate. I guess time will tell, I really hope for the darker tone though. It looks amazing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Poofiemus

That doll is actually really cute!  Hope you post customized pics soon. 

I'm curious though. . . where did you order? Tried Googling Imomodoll, found what looks like their official site, and it says the vinyl 1/6 is $80? Still not bad at all but maybe it seems pretty different than the price you listed. . . maybe it's not in USD but in that case it's not clear what currency the price IS in, bleh. 

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

ragnamuffin
2 hours ago, Poofiemus said:

I'm curious though. . . where did you order? Tried Googling Imomodoll, found what looks like their official site, and it says the vinyl 1/6 is $80? Still not bad at all but maybe it seems pretty different than the price you listed. . . maybe it's not in USD but in that case it's not clear what currency the price IS in, bleh. 

Probably a blind box from the store on Taobao during one of their sales.

DreamsicleDollAqua

@0bsequi0us what kind of faceup are you planning? Your dolls always look spectacular!

0bsequi0us
14 hours ago, Poofiemus said:

I always forget to mention, I buy most things from taobao. I bought this little one from imomodoll's official taobao! To be honest I don't know why it's listed on Imomodoll's official international site at $80, since afaik they're not even actually selling them right now. 😓 If you can't use taobao I would recommend MyDollection, since they have some in stock. Still at a markup though.

On taobao though this dealer has some in stock for 107 RMB, which is still a good price... I think mine was only 98 because I was just given a random blind box head. And they let you choose between the head I got and a closed eyes version.

I hope that helps a little bit!

10 hours ago, DreamsicleDollAqua said:

@0bsequi0us what kind of faceup are you planning? Your dolls always look spectacular!

Wow, thank you!! ☺️ I don't think I'm settled on a face yet, but I want something slightly mischievous because I think this body works so well for a sort of rambunctious character.

• Like 1

DreamsicleDollAqua

@0bsequi0us a mischievous sort would be so extra cute for that body and face! 

• Like 2

Ui-
On 8/22/2022 at 5:57 PM, DreamsicleDollAqua said:

@0bsequi0us a mischievous sort would be so extra cute for that body and face! 

Oh wow that was $15? It stands better than my resin hundreds of dollars 1/6. Lol. And idk if my string are too tight but I constantly have to stretch them if I leave them alone for a while. 

Can’t wait to see the face up! I suggest Beatrice from Re:Zero. :) That would be ADORABLE with those flat top eyes. Lmao.

• Thanks 1

MaleficentMrsofEvil

@0bsequi0us - this is a fantastic write-up. Thank you!

This little doll has popped up in a few other places. I talked about my order (and shipping costs, face-up, etc.) via My Dollection here. Although I paid quite a bit more, I still think I'm getting a fantastic value for the money, and that's before I saw this post! What a fabulous little poser this doll is!

I hope you will keep us updated on how you customize this doll!

0bsequi0us
17 hours ago, Ui- said:

Oh wow that was $15? It stands better than my resin hundreds of dollars 1/6. Lol. And idk if my string are too tight but I constantly have to stretch them if I leave them alone for a while. 

Can’t wait to see the face up! I suggest Beatrice from Re:Zero. :) That would be ADORABLE with those flat top eyes. Lmao.

Yeah, resin dolls have their own struggles 😅 I agree it's an amazing price, though time will tell how durable/long-lasting she is. I've gathered that with vinyl dolls in general they tend to sorta loosen with time too, so we'll see if she stands so well even a year from now! For so cheap though she'd still be worth it.

I wasn't familiar with Beatrice but looking her up that face is precious! Definitely the kind of vibe I want to eventually try for ☺️

17 hours ago, MaleficentMrsofEvil said:

@0bsequi0us - this is a fantastic write-up. Thank you!

This little doll has popped up in a few other places. I talked about my order (and shipping costs, face-up, etc.) via My Dollection here. Although I paid quite a bit more, I still think I'm getting a fantastic value for the money, and that's before I saw this post! What a fabulous little poser this doll is!

I hope you will keep us updated on how you customize this doll!

I think My Dollection's price is decent, especially since the RMB price is before international shipping, which costs an arm and a leg lately. 😓 And like you said, they actually offer a lot of extra services too.

The posing is pretty impressive, even though the doll is single jointed in the legs and torso! I'll definitely update with customizations as soon as I get the chance!

• Thanks 1

ragnamuffin

Do you know what size eyes and wigs she wears? Also, does she fit into YoSD clothing? (Those hips look like they’re gonna make things difficult…)

0bsequi0us

Quick update! Sorry I keep missing responses in this thread, I'm still getting used to how this forum works 😓

I finally managed to get a faceup on her, don't know how much I love it yet but it's better than blank 😅

spacer.pngspacer.png

@ragnamuffin I have her in a 6-7 wig and 16mm eyes, though I admit I modded the inside of the head to fit slightly bigger eyes. This is also a standard yosd outfit, so normal yosd bottoms can fit if they have an elastic waistband. The top is quite big though, I have it tucked under because otherwise it looks like a dress. The sleeves are super long too. It makes for a cute aesthetic imo but maybe worth mentioning.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

ragnamuffin
1 hour ago, 0bsequi0us said:

@ragnamuffin I have her in a 6-7 wig and 16mm eyes, though I admit I modded the inside of the head to fit slightly bigger eyes. This is also a standard yosd outfit, so normal yosd bottoms can fit if they have an elastic waistband. The top is quite big though, I have it tucked under because otherwise it looks like a dress. The sleeves are super long too. It makes for a cute aesthetic imo but maybe worth mentioning.

Thanks for getting back to me about this! I had the chance to pick one up recently but ultimately decided not to since finding someone to give her a faceup would stress me out. Hopefully they release some painted ones in the future.

You’ve done such a good job with her though! She’s super adorable and that outfit looks fab on her!

• Like 1

0bsequi0us
36 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

Thanks for getting back to me about this! I had the chance to pick one up recently but ultimately decided not to since finding someone to give her a faceup would stress me out. Hopefully they release some painted ones in the future.

You’ve done such a good job with her though! She’s super adorable and that outfit looks fab on her!

Thanks!! ☺️ I wish I could find the post on their Weibo, but a while ago Imomodoll was showing some prototypes for fullsets they have in the works. I definitely remember them having faceups, eyes and sculpted wigs in different colors. I hope they follow through on that plan, though I haven't seen any updates about it for a while.

DollsnBooks

Wow! This is great! She's really adorable! Thank you for sharing all this info!!

• Like 1

Courtmom

So the question Im dying to have answered is:

the torso, is it squishy and poseable or solid?

0bsequi0us
1 hour ago, Courtmom said:

So the question Im dying to have answered is:

the torso, is it squishy and poseable or solid?

It is squishy, but not very poseable. I'm too chicken to take her apart too much, but according to people on weibo it seems like there actually IS a joint at the chest, but the vinyl torso is still too restricting for it to be functional.

DollsnBooks

Well, I ordered a Fuwamo with a BM-01 head as well as a hand set and a gift bag! I started with that because it's in stock and adorable. I'll likely get a choco Guru or Kira next. (Anyone know which is the elf ears one?) O_O Excited!!!

Courtmom
7 hours ago, DollsnBooks said:

Well, I ordered a Fuwamo with a BM-01 head as well as a hand set and a gift bag! I started with that because it's in stock and adorable. I'll likely get a choco Guru or Kira next. (Anyone know which is the elf ears one?) O_O Excited!!!

Kira is the long elf ears I think

Courtmom
11 hours ago, 0bsequi0us said:

It is squishy, but not very poseable. I'm too chicken to take her apart too much, but according to people on weibo it seems like there actually IS a joint at the chest, but the vinyl torso is still too restricting for it to be functional.

Thanks! Gosh if I wasn’t chicken (even though it’s a cheap doll) I’d buy one and just see if slicing the torso would help 😂 

Courtmom

So is everyone ordering theirs direct? Or do you have to proxy or what?

DollsnBooks
3 hours ago, Courtmom said:

Kira is the long elf ears I think

Thank you @Courtmom ! 

I ordered mine from mydollection.