Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Xiongmao

Dollfie Kizuna, Many Azones and a Tonne of Mandarake Stuff

Xiongmao

My massive Mandarake haul arrived today. I haven't unboxed much of it yet, so I'll update the thread as I go.

I actually wanted Kizuna, but you know how it is, that shopping cart just grew and grew and grew.

Uh, Uzuki wasn't included in this haul, but she seems to have her eye on a pair of Dollfie wedge shoes I bought. I intended for Towa to wear them, but I might switch them to Kizuna as her default aiaiai outfit is too precious to wear all the time.

spacer.png

The haul:

• DDS Kizuna AI
  • DDdy Battle Vixens outfit
  • DD Tenshino Koromo outfit
  • DD white leather wedge shoes
  • Various Pureneemos. Mia is the rarer store version (my first alternative outfit Pureneemo). Aika had a rough journey and her legs have fallen off. I picked up Kaguya-sama as I already have Chika so that completes my Love is War collection (unless there are others).
  • Three Picconeemos, which incidentally make fantastic scale dolls for Dollfies and Smart Dolls!
  • A 2003 Chobits calendar, still in its original box and in immaculate condition. My birthday was on a Monday apparently.
  • A few Chobits phonecards, this time beautiful shiny ones.
  • A bit of Fortune Arterial stuff. I've never seen the game or anime but back in 2008 I picked up a gorgeous artbook from Akihabara.

Basically on Mandarake I primarily look for a Dollfie I want, then vaccum up anything interesting they have in the same store. This time it's Umeda. I've seen a few animes where the girl from Kansai can't be understood by the other (usually Tokyo-based) characters, so maybe Towa and Uzuki won't understand Kizuna.

• Like 4

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Xiongmao

Aiaiai... Here's Kizuna. I guess she's quite a common sight on this forum, but I must add that she's totally gorgeous in real life.

spacer.png

Her faceup is quite subtle and much more like Towa's. I find Uzuki's is quite bold, but it's definitely grown on me.

Kizuna's eyes are spectacular, even if I'm not decided on whether they're blue or green.

Uzuki and Kizuna have fairly similar expressions, so it's almost as if Towa has twin sisters.

My main reservation about Kizuna is of course all that pleather. I guess it won't age well, so we'll try and store it carefully and use it for special occasions. Incidentally her shorts were really difficult to get on her.

What I love about her is her two piece bodysuit. I'd definitely pick up a few of these if they were sold separately. Oh and it's nice she has 'rock' hands... it's nice they vary the hand types although it would be good if they came with a tonne of hand types like Azones do.

I'll try and get Kizuna a second wig. I think I'll go with brown because it really does complement her eye colour.

Anyway, I'm really pleased with her and I'm glad I acquired her as she seems to be becoming more difficult to obtain (at least at a decent-ish price).

As for our growing Dollfie family... I have my eyes on girl #4 but like many Dollfies she has recently become quite rare.

• Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

Xiongmao

So here's my Dollfie trio (from left, DDS Uzuki Shimamura, DDdy Towa and DDS Kizuna AI).

spacer.png

Towa's wearing our new Battle Vixens outfit, which is specifically designed for DDdy girls. I didn't specifically plan on buying this outfit, but it was available in the Umeda store, so I stuck it in our shopping cart.

This outfit is widely available on Mandarake - Volks must have made a lot of them. I think Towa's hair colour looks brilliant with this outfit. I guess the original DD had dark blue hair.

The outfit also came with boots. These aren't in amazing condition (pleather again) and again don't seem to be a great fit.

Towa's wearing her bodysuit. The outfit should be generally OK but those blue socks could be suspect.

Unknowns about this outfit - does anybody know the answers?

• It didn't come with a wig or eyepatch. I'm not sure if they were included or just with the original doll.
  • Have they changed the DDdy dimensions? The skirt looks really baggy on Towa. Maybe it's designed to be worn lower on the hips. If it's hitched down though the shirt button shows through and makes it look like she has a huge belly piercing.

Also this outfit is kind of showing its age as it doesn't smell too good (especially the pullover). I should have washed it first but Towa was desparate to try it on. Next time I'll remember to read the Mandarake description carefully.

So it's an old outfit but I must admit it looks great on Towa. I'll do some research and see if I can 3D print her some accessories to go with it. Maybe I could also find/make her an eye patch too.

• Like 1

Xiongmao

Another Battle Vixens Towa...

spacer.png

She's holding one of the Chobits phonecards I picked up. These aren't particularly rare or valuable, but they are gorgeous. I didn't have these metallic ones, so they're a great addition to my collection.

I also picked up a Chobits calendar. I've seen some of the images before, but the calendar is nice and big and a great reference for when I eventually get round to making a Dollfie Chii.

BTW Towa's red hairband was from AliExpress. We have quite a few different colours now. I must learn to tame the girls' wigs, but these are a great help.

MagicalRozen
3 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

• It didn't come with a wig or eyepatch. I'm not sure if they were included or just with the original doll.
  • Have they changed the DDdy dimensions? The skirt looks really baggy on Towa. Maybe it's designed to be worn lower on the hips. If it's hitched down though the shirt button shows through and makes it look like she has a huge belly piercing.

The wig and eyepatch were included with DDdy Ryomou! She does in fact come with dark blue hair and an eyepatch.

You can buy an eyepatch for Towa separately. When I got my Ryomou her eyepatch was extremely damaged so I had to order a new one. I reccomend Etsy or Ebay or Taobao for the eyepatch. All options they are less than $10.

The skirt is supposed to be worn on the hips. I would make sure Towa's internal check piece is pressed down all the way, and then see if the button still shows through. I do not have the outfit, @baldylox does, so he should be able to confirm what it looks like.

3 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

Aiaiai... Here's Kizuna. I guess she's quite a common sight on this forum, but I must add that she's totally gorgeous in real life.

spacer.png

Her faceup is quite subtle and much more like Towa's. I find Uzuki's is quite bold, but it's definitely grown on me.

Awe!!! I am so happy to see she arrived home from her journey safe and sound! She is adorable! Congratulations again on picking her up! She is so lovely! <3

Khepra, Ginkgo, TamakiDelilah, HimikoRin, Ann, Sana, Kana, Robin, Amane, And Others That May Come And Go.

PolitelyNefarious

Congratulations to you! Combining an order for several items you wanted at once is definitely the most economical way to stretch the shipping from Mandarake.  She looks lovely, and those eyes are striking. And such cool outfits! Not to mention, Pure Neemo. This is a heckuva haul. Glad she arrived safely.

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

baldylox
4 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

So here's my Dollfie trio (from left, DDS Uzuki Shimamura, DDdy Towa and DDS Kizuna AI).

spacer.png

Towa's wearing our new Battle Vixens outfit, which is specifically designed for DDdy girls. I didn't specifically plan on buying this outfit, but it was available in the Umeda store, so I stuck it in our shopping cart.

This outfit is widely available on Mandarake - Volks must have made a lot of them. I think Towa's hair colour looks brilliant with this outfit. I guess the original DD had dark blue hair.

The outfit also came with boots. These aren't in amazing condition (pleather again) and again don't seem to be a great fit.

Towa's wearing her bodysuit. The outfit should be generally OK but those blue socks could be suspect.

Also this outfit is kind of showing its age as it doesn't smell too good (especially the pullover). I should have washed it first but Towa was desparate to try it on. Next time I'll remember to read the Mandarake description carefully.

So it's an old outfit but I must admit it looks great on Towa. I'll do some research and see if I can 3D print her some accessories to go with it. Maybe I could also find/make her an eye patch too.

Congrats on getting the Ryomou School Uniform!  I love that set as it's highly detailed and looks great on a DDdy.  As for your questions and concerns...

I have the same outfit and the boots fit just fine.  If they are starting to crumble and fall apart like most old Volks pleather shoes and boots do then that's probably why.  Pulling the straps tighter where they velcro might help but might also break them so be careful.

The blue socks in my set do not stain even after having them on my Ryomou for months at a time.  I would venture a guess yours should be safe too.

As stated by MagicalRozen, the eyepatch and wig only come with the original Ryomou set and doll.  You can get similar wigs and eye patches easily enough on Etsy and Ebay.

The skirt is designed to sit high on the hips like in the anime so you show off the thighs and butt.  😄  You need to tuck the white shirt into the skirt and then put the sweater on over the top of both.  This helps with the button issues. 

I totally agree that the outfit looks great on Towa.  It's a great set and really works well on any DDdy.  You can even use the parts for mixing and matching with other outfits.  I've used the skirt with other shirts and used just the sweater with some shorts and no shirt underneath.  Lots of ways to enjoy it!

Billy

• Like 1

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Xiongmao

Cool I'll see if I can find Towa some more accessories to complete her outfit. She'd then go down a storm at conventions! I've never watched the anime, so I'll have to add it to my watch list. I'll try and find some more photos of a DDdy wearing the outfit too.

Anyway, I've now unboxed 2 Pureneemos. Here's Princess Aika and Magical Witch Mia:

spacer.png

Aika (on the right) is fabulous and was a good buy at 5,000 Yen. I think she's from 2007 and her pleather boots are in great condition. Her legs fell off at some point in time but they were easily reattached. She didn't come with any accessories though (apart from her hairband).

Mia (on the left) I've had some major disappointments with. She's my only Pureneemo who won't stand up for some reason. Her hip joints are very loose so I don't know if they can be tightened.

Even worse - her pleather boots disintegrated as soon as I tried to put them on. Not good, although she is 10 years old now so maybe the pleather went way beyond the end of its life expectancy. So be warned if you get this girl! This is also what I feared about Kizuna's vinyl outfit.

Personally I'm not keen on Mia's default boots so I'll see if I can find her some other boots or shoes. Platform ones like Aika's would be great. Do they fit into Barbie/Sindy sizes? That would make it easier to find some on etsy.

On the plus side Mia has a beautiful face and she came with a staggering 9 spare sets of hands! I think these witch dolls are highly collectible as goth people love them, even if they're not really into dolls.

spacer.png

In case you think I can't count there is one pack of what appears to be shoulder joints. I don't know what these are for. She's wearing her cape right now so it's not easy to check her shoulders.

Edit: apparently I'm not the only Mia owner to find the boots disintegrated... there's a similar comment in this etsy listing. I'll see if I can order a pair of these. Also edit for additional photo of Aika:

spacer.png

Edited by Xiongmao
  • Like 1

Xiongmao

Quick update: Mia now has replacement boots thanks to HelloCoolCat:

spacer.png

I am really getting to like Mia, even if she's old now and doesn't stand up as well as the other girls do.

• Like 1

Xiongmao

Another small unboxing... here's my girls on a Dollfie/Smart Doll sized circular rug we bought from AliExpress. It looks like a great photo prop, but DO NOT buy this item if you have a cat as she will make it her own!!!

Also we're not too sure who the girl on the right is... she looks kind of familiar.

spacer.png

Girl on the right is of course Uzuki Shimamura, and this wig is from the same AliExpress vendor the rug came from. I'm actually very impressed with this wig. The hair is beautifully soft and the styling is excellent. It's also a very good fit for Dollfies and is much better than the last wig I bought on AliExpress. Stay tuned because we plan on using this wig for a Chobits Chii cosplay.

• Like 1