Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

ateliervanilla

DD Kizuna AI on AP Type-H Body

ateliervanilla

I got my hands on a Shapeways Obitsu to DD neck adapter - and boy, I think it's perfect!

I always thought that Kizuna AI would look better in a slightly shorter body. I didn't want to get a DDP because I already have an Angel Philia body. Plus the joints of the AP are far too superior in my opinion.

The head fit like a glove on the neck adapter attached to the obitsu neck part. 

PXL_20221008_234229309.jpg

PXL_20221008_234113937.jpg

• Like 7

Twitter: lostgormotti Instagram: atelier.vanilla Facebook: AtelierVNL

PolitelyNefarious

@ateliervanilla  She's adorable! Perhaps slightly bobbleheaded, but not horribly so, and certainly in an MDD-ajacent way. Having seen the power of shrinkage, it's nice to also see someone go the opposite way and keep a head as-is. The thigh and knee shape of the AP is a cute combo with Volks styling, and I'm loving the outfit you put her in. Nice, casual, and light. The colours suit her personality.

• Like 1

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg

ateliervanilla
10 hours ago, PolitelyNefarious said:

@ateliervanilla  She's adorable! Perhaps slightly bobbleheaded, but not horribly so, and certainly in an MDD-ajacent way. Having seen the power of shrinkage, it's nice to also see someone go the opposite way and keep a head as-is. The thigh and knee shape of the AP is a cute combo with Volks styling, and I'm loving the outfit you put her in. Nice, casual, and light. The colours suit her personality.

Thank you! The "bobbleheaded"-ness was to be expected, and an oversight on my part. It's partly because the neck is slimmer and looks quite longer. Quite common with Obitsu bodies in my opinion... I used to have a DDH22 on a 40cm Obitsu before, and the length of the neck totally bothered me.

I feel that adding a choker or necklace would help mask that:

PSX_20221010_185522.jpg

Edited by ateliervanilla
  • Like 3

Xiongmao

I really like my Kizuna although she seems stuck at cosplaying Rin. I definitely need more dolls 😂.

When I first got Towa I thought her neck was a little long. All my girls have collars/chokers now so it's less noticeable.

I'll have to try headswapping Kizuna onto my DDP Yayoi although headswapping is generally considered taboo in our household.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

ateliervanilla
47 minutes ago, Xiongmao said:

When I first got Towa I thought her neck was a little long.

I have a Towa too, but I put her on a DDS body instead. 

47 minutes ago, Xiongmao said:

I'll have to try headswapping Kizuna onto my DDP Yayoi although headswapping is generally considered taboo in our household.

Gosh, I'm guilty of headswapping all the time. 

My Towa and Kizuna are sisters, actually. I intended Kizuna to be the younger one so here's a photo with the two of them together:

PXL_20221010_173938113.PORTRAIT.jpg

• Like 6

chef_mai

AP busts are sculpted in such a way that the necks are longer, probably deliberately to go with their mature heads. The AZO2 busts and particularly the Dollypop busts are sculpted with shorter looking necks because the trapezius muscles are more defined, so it makes the neck look shorter + collars sit higher, further helping reduce the long neck look.

• Like 1

ateliervanilla

I hybridized my Kizuna even further, and now I think she has reached the proportions I was wanting her to have!

It was just as simple as swapping out the default AP bust with a DDS small bust in flesh. She doesn't look bobble-headed anymore! This hybrid wouldn't have worked if I didn't use the Shapeways neck adapter, since the DDS bust is longer than the AP bust, and the default AP/Obitsu neck part doesn't extend way up without me having to trim the DDS bust. All-in-all, this worked really well for me.

Hid the photo since it's quite NSFW:

Spoiler

spacer.png

It's nice how the shoulder joints were also slightly less visible.

spacer.png

I didn't want to go with the DDP body since the DDS bust will be incompatible with it anyway. Plus I just can't give up the posing awesomeness of the Angel Philia body - so I went with having the best of both worlds.

• Like 8

chef_mai

Looks pretty good! The gapping between the upper and lower torso is minimal.

I bet that this solves a lot of issues with wearing DD-sized clothing. I found that, even with the larger Obitsu/AP based busts, DD clothing runs pretty wide, so in theory, this looks like it'll solve that problem, and it doesn't hurt that the torso's marginally taller too.

• Like 1

ateliervanilla

A look on how she's put altogether. I would say she now has a similar body type to me, lol. Legs are just about the right length in proportion to her upper body.

20230307_161242.jpg

• Like 8

PolitelyNefarious

@ateliervanilla  She gets more adorable with every reinvention. Gah! Congratulations on finding a solution for the neck difference- the old was not bad, but the new works better. And the soft blonde is a nice colour on her. I was always fine with brunette, but the varied shades bring out her eyes just as well. And her style looks cozy and comfortable; her shoes are as sunny as her smile. I want to gently squish her.

Flog.

• Thanks 1

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg

bananaaether

Yess!!!! This hybrid looks great! She's super cute in jeans. Gotta love AP thighs!

• Like 1

chef_mai

What jeans are those? I didn't expect any to fit the type-H legs!

ateliervanilla
19 minutes ago, chef_mai said:

What jeans are those? I didn't expect any to fit the type-H legs!

They're actually Smartdoll leggings that I found on Etsy! These are pretty stretchy and I only folded the bottom part lol

• Like 1

Xiongmao

Kizuna's such a cutie and I am so glad I made her my DD #3.

I think mine will be Ribbon girl for a long time now because it's too fiddly and precious to take it off again.

Kizuna's "real life" career reboot seems to be progressing well. The comments on her recent videos have been enormously positive.

I've not had too many problems dressing my DDS apart from the bodysuit v2 necks getting a bit crinkly. I've had more problems with DD not fitting outfits that are supposed to be DD sized. Asuna is really scary though so I'm not going to tell her she's put on a few pounds.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

ragnamuffin
On 3/8/2023 at 8:17 AM, ateliervanilla said:

A look on how she's put altogether. I would say she now has a similar body type to me, lol. Legs are just about the right length in proportion to her upper body.

20230307_161242.jpg

Oh gosh, the FLOG shirt is to die for 😂

• Like 2

Yuns

She's precious! The neck wasn't bad in my opinion, but it looks even better with the new bust. And I love how she looks as a blonde, and that t-shirt! So cute.

• Thanks 1

ateliervanilla

A better photo with an experiment putting DD hands on this frame 😆

I might go for DDS arms on her since her current arms look too slim on her. I just wanted to make her look rounder since she has thick thighs, after all.

DSC_0174.JPG

• Like 5

ateliervanilla

I forgot to update this thread!

I did end up putting the DDS arms on her, and the proportions look much better to me! Now the arms don't look too slim compared to her thighs. I wish that the DDP is possible to fix like this, since the arms look quite short for the body.

20230614_165723.jpg

• Like 3

chantelle

The proportions look great! She is really lovey 😄 

If it is ok to ask, how did you get the arms onto the Obitsu frame?

Edited by chantelle
  • Thanks 1

hellFlower
33 minutes ago, chantelle said:

If it is ok to ask, how did you get the arms onto the Obitsu frame?

Not OP, but DD f-3 arms fit right into the Obitsu frame, no modifications needed. DD III may fit as well, but I haven’t actually tried.

• Thanks 3

chantelle
3 minutes ago, hellFlower said:

Not OP, but DD f-3 arms fit right into the Obitsu frame, no modifications needed. DD III may fit as well, but I haven’t actually tried.

Thank you so much! It’s super neat that they are compatible!

• Like 1

ateliervanilla

Another update.

I figured that this was super appropriate to this hybridization.

I had her cosplay as Ryza, or Reisalin Stout, from Atelier Ryza. That character is pretty much known for those "proportions" LOL

20230629_160230.jpg

20230629_160321.jpg

• Like 6