Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

OccultBeast

DDdy Yor Forger

Eiko82

She is so freaking gorgeous 😍

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Beani

I decided to take the plunge and try for her at Dolpa. I’ve never been to one before and have no clue at current chances of securing her there, but the allure of having her before Christmas was too much. Couple that with the fact I no longer live 15 minutes walk from Volks, I’d rather make the effort to get down to Dolpa instead of just a normal Volks store event. 

Really hoping one of the two guidebooks in my party has a good entry number ticket..

• Like 2

Eiko82

Has it been stated anywhere when she is available for sale online? 

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Monty
20 minutes ago, Eiko82 said:

Has it been stated anywhere when she is available for sale online? 

21st Jan. The sales method is TBA but the recent Dolpa dolls have all been clickwar. 

• Like 1

Eiko82
12 minutes ago, Monty said:

21st Jan. The sales method is TBA but the recent Dolpa dolls have all been clickwar. 

Thank you so much. That still gives me some time to think it over and save up if I do decide to get her. 

Beani

So, I noticed that the guidebooks for Dolpa have gone out of stock for sales in Japan with 5 days remaining in the order period. How usual is that to happen? I'm now nervous wondering if my chances at Yor are slim but from my understanding the SD release this time around is SUPER popular so it may be because of them?

The response to Yor here seems a little mixed and I don't use social media so I really have no clue what to expect regarding demand for her... nervous! It's been a while since I suffered the pain of missing out on a doll I wanted but I don't really want to go through it again. @onion19@

Eiko82

Mixed in what way? People don't like her? 

Beani
18 minutes ago, Eiko82 said:

Mixed in what way? People don't like her? 

Yeah there are a few people unimpressed, some who don't care so much and then those that love her. So the reactions are all over the place. With only this as my source it's hard to properly gauge interest 😅

Xiongmao

I just noticed Yor is semi-white which I didn't notice before.

Also presumably she'll be for sale on their website from 21 January 2023. I guess we might have to wait even longer for her to arrive as I'm still awaiting Kaito.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Eiko82

Oh, I hadn't noticed that about her skin tone. It makes sense but that means she can't use any of the other hand parts I have :(

CreationOdyssey
5 hours ago, Beani said:

The response to Yor here seems a little mixed and I don't use social media so I really have no clue what to expect regarding demand for her... nervous! It's been a while since I suffered the pain of missing out on a doll I wanted but I don't really want to go through it again. @onion19@

Spy x Family is extremely popular so I expect to see quite a few people crossing over, I know there have been some bigger figure accounts posting about her too. The advantage is that most people in the figure community (here in the US at least) don’t really know how or where to order her…. 

• Haha 3

Roxanne

I am currently really into Spy x Family and I love Yor as a character so much! When I saw Volks was releasing her I totally lost it! (Though there were some mixed feelings too with how fast she releases after her announcement, but that was to be expected with the whole Dolpa thing. But yeah, the stress to gather enough funds together to try and get her is real because of how fast she releases.)

It doesn't help that her eye shape is one I really love in dolls. It reminds me a lot of my grail Emilia and also of Skadi, which is another doll I really adore.
So yeah, besides me really loving Yor as a character, those are even more reasons for me not to want to miss out on her. 🥺

• Like 1

My instagram! 

Monty
On 11/22/2022 at 8:10 PM, Beani said:

So, I noticed that the guidebooks for Dolpa have gone out of stock for sales in Japan with 5 days remaining in the order period. How usual is that to happen? I'm now nervous wondering if my chances at Yor are slim but from my understanding the SD release this time around is SUPER popular so it may be because of them?

Not sure if you’ve noticed, but they’re back in stock now! In my experience it seems like the guide books go in and out of stock although that was pre-covid/the new entry system. They did just tweet that the preorders for them are open until the 27th though so hopefully you can get one. 

Beani
2 hours ago, Monty said:

Not sure if you’ve noticed, but they’re back in stock now! In my experience it seems like the guide books go in and out of stock although that was pre-covid/the new entry system. They did just tweet that the preorders for them are open until the 27th though so hopefully you can get one. 

I actually already ordered mine which is lucky as they show as sold out again. If this is pretty normal behavior though then I shouldn’t worry and just keep crossing my fingers for a lucky draw on the tickets. 

• Like 1

Wasabi

I love Yor, but semi-white + black pleather... no thanks.

I will definitely try to snag her casual outfit though, so cute!

Xiongmao
6 hours ago, Wasabi said:

I love Yor, but semi-white + black pleather... no thanks.

I will definitely try to snag her casual outfit though, so cute!

She should come with a bodysuit like Kizuna does (although she doesn't really need one).

Actually I mostly want Yor because she's a great second DDdy to have with Towa. I'm actually not too keen on either of her outfits. We have quite a number of other DDdy outfits now that Yor could wear.

As for the anime, I think it's probably the greatest show I have ever seen. It's definitely more accessible to a casual audience than something like Re:Zero.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

Beani
7 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

She should come with a bodysuit like Kizuna does (although she doesn't really need one).

She doesn’t come with a bodysuit, only what is shown in the photos and listed on the site. The boots and top straps are clearly lined though so assuming the dress is too the real problems will be the red on the inner skirt and her wig. So wig caps and leggings seem best. Her second outfit looks like the worse stain monster I won’t risk that without a suit unless it’s well lined, then she just needs leggings again.

The main issue with the pleather outfit is knowing it will degrade and flake eventually. One just has to hope they get a good amount of years out of it before that happens. 

I’m not good with clothing maintenance but wonder if something like leather conditioner will help the lifetime of the pleather. I really should try that on some of my Volks boots before they get too old..

Beani

Well my tickets arrived. I bought two even though my partner doesn’t want to buy anything from the Volks Booth thinking that it would give a better chance to get a good number. They are both bad and are actually sequential. So much for random (not happy they were advertised that way). Wouldn’t recommend anyone ever try that if going to Dolpa.

Totally bummed out and feel like I wasted almost 7000 yen, I wouldn’t have bought two if I knew they would be sequential, and I would have bought a ticket sooner too.

Pretty sure I’ll be joining everyone for the after party event now! At least this means I can see Yor in person before committing to the purchase. 

Edit: The A tickets are already getting ridiculous bids on Yahoo Auctions. Sad to see. 

Edited by Beani
  • Sad 5

ragnamuffin
12 minutes ago, Beani said:

Well my tickets arrived. I bought two even though my partner doesn’t want to buy anything from the Volks Booth thinking that it would give a better chance to get a good number. They are both bad and are actually sequential. So much for random (not happy they were advertised that way). Wouldn’t recommend anyone ever try that if going to Dolpa.

I’ve never been to Dolpa before, but my understanding is that Volks draws a number on the day of and that’s where the line starts, so it should still be possible for you to be close to the front of the line.

Beani
6 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

I’ve never been to Dolpa before, but my understanding is that Volks draws a number on the day of and that’s where the line starts, so it should still be possible for you to be close to the front of the line.

They use to do it that way (I got Ram at a store event run like that) but since Covid they do it in numbered groups starting from A through to J (depending on the event). So you know where you are in the line and they have different meet times for groups so there are no large crowds. Draw badly and you basically enter the event almost 2 hours after it starts. The tickets with the books require you to scratch them to reveal the number and letter but someone clearly didn’t shuffle them around  I’ve seen multiple reports of people getting sequential numbers like I did.

At least I can sleep in I guess. 

• Sad 3

Beani

I'm happy to report I was able to buy Yor today (I never would have got her with my original ticket, I ended up buying a different one and selling the bad one along with the lottery applications in my guidebooks which paid for the new ticket!). Though her alternate outfit sold out before I got to it. Will have to try for that in January. 

I cannot begin to describe how happy I am with her. Her face is breathtaking in person. No photo I take can do her justice.

Ran out of time to fix up her hair properly today (and I'm terrified of it, they have warnings that the braids can undo easily) but here’s some quick shots anyway. 

For those wondering, all new dolls were sold out by around the middle of group C (my original ticket was E). Yor was the last one to sell out which I am VERY thankful for. 

52570449722_c753304c15_z.jpg

52570914321_c1b7e8712f_z.jpg

• Like 12

CreationOdyssey
48 minutes ago, Beani said:

I'm happy to report I was able to buy Yor today (I never would have got her with my original ticket, I ended up buying a different one and selling the bad one along with the lottery applications in my guidebooks which paid for the new ticket!). Though her alternate outfit sold out before I got to it. Will have to try for that in January. 

I cannot begin to describe how happy I am with her. Her face is breathtaking in person. No photo I take can do her justice.

Ran out of time to fix up her hair properly today (and I'm terrified of it, they have warnings that the braids can undo easily) but here’s some quick shots anyway. 

For those wondering, all new dolls were sold out by around the middle of group C (my original ticket was E). Yor was the last one to sell out which I am VERY thankful for. 

52570449722_c753304c15_z.jpg

52570914321_c1b7e8712f_z.jpg

Oh wow!! If they put her up in January I think I’m going to try for her! She’s definitely worth the clickwar

Xiongmao

Well done with Yor! I'm not too familiar with the Japanese system of doll allocations but it seems pretty complex. I know they had another licensed girl available but I wasn't too familiar with her. Spy x Family is becoming a massive hit overseas, maybe due to Anya's waku waku song.

I want Yor so badly. On the other hand I'm worried her outfit would stain and I am the worst wig ruiner on the planet!

On the other hand I already have a red-eyed Dynamite so maybe I don't need to see what a Towa vs Yor fight would turn out like. It is nice to see they're still using the Dynamite body in licensed dolls though. It was commonplace in the early years but then seemed to die out.

Beani

Thanks all! I've had her on my desk all day and am totally smitten.

19 hours ago, CreationOdyssey said:

Oh wow!! If they put her up in January I think I’m going to try for her! She’s definitely worth the clickwar

Definitely worth it! Good luck if you do end up going for her!

13 hours ago, Monty said:

Congrats Beani! Her face is very cute.

Since they’re both Dys it would be fun to see an outfit swap with 2B.

This is an amazing idea and yet one I hadn't thought of (probably cause my Toobs doesn't wear any colours, so the red would usually be out). I'll have to try this the next time I have 2B's default out! Though I may be too chicken to swap Yor's wig to 2B.

13 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

Well done with Yor! I'm not too familiar with the Japanese system of doll allocations but it seems pretty complex. I know they had another licensed girl available but I wasn't too familiar with her. Spy x Family is becoming a massive hit overseas, maybe due to Anya's waku waku song.

I want Yor so badly. On the other hand I'm worried her outfit would stain and I am the worst wig ruiner on the planet!

On the other hand I already have a red-eyed Dynamite so maybe I don't need to see what a Towa vs Yor fight would turn out like. It is nice to see they're still using the Dynamite body in licensed dolls though. It was commonplace in the early years but then seemed to die out.

It all sounds complicated but once you are in the thick of it it all tends to make sense. The other girl was Arcueid and she sold out before Yor. Tsukihime still has quite the following it seems!

If there is one thing I've learnt in this hobby it is never to let the fear of staining affect your purchasing decisions. Cause you may regret it. I take steps to avoid stains wherever possible of course but unless they happen on the face, it isn't the end of the world. I had a speck of dust (yes dust!) stain 2B's nose once and was even able to salvage that.

Volks did include a warning about staining with Yor's outfit which I haven't seen for my other girls even though they have black outfits too. I don't have any stain protection on Yor right now minus a wig cap (which is essential, black wig cap as usual for Volks dark hair) and am not too worried. She is however without her incredibly black panties cause that is asking for trouble, they will stain so they aren't going on without a stocking. I may get a waist down stocking for her later, but honestly not sure if the boots would go over it. It's bad enough to get them on without a stocking underneath.

Beyond the panties, the red lining of the skirt is an issue and I won't have her sit unless she has a stocking, but the wires let you swoop the red far away from her skin. The main bodice is lined with darker grey than I would like but fingers crossed it will be alright. Everything else is lined in white with the usual small darker threads which may cause issues. But that is what stain treatment is for. @onion20@

Anyway, that was a lot of text to say if you love her, go for her and don't worry about the possible stain monster!

As far as the DDDy dying out for awhile, it makes sense since they use to do a lot more VNs and other material which tend to have larger bust girls. They have to match whatever characters they license, but we are lucky lately some bigger busts (or butts in 2Bs case) have been chosen again.

• Like 4