Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
SFSakana

New MDD Boy (DDH27)

ragnamuffin

It’s a little cheesy, but for his name, maybe Kazu (since both 2 and 7 can be read “kazu” in Japanese when used it people’s names), or some variation like Kazuki, Kazuto, Kazuma?

Otherwise, maybe Haku if you plan on keeping him in white? If you’d prefer a more Western name, maybe Finn or Alpin (both mean ‘white’)? Just throwing out suggestions.

Xiongmao

My MDD girl says Hi. She actually has a very similar neck, er, lead thing that your boy has. Towa has one too since we like ordering things in pairs.

His shirt is cool with all those safety pins.

As for names, usually I just use my dolls' default names (Towa, Uzuki Kizuna, Yayoi) but my MDD is a custom so I found a long (long, long) list of Japanese names with meanings and ended up choosing Misaki, which apparently means beautiful newly grown flower.

Name list is here but it might not be too useful as it only has girls' names.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

ragnamuffin
3 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

Oh man, absolutely no disrespect to you—Misaki is a very normal name—but I would be really careful of using English websites introducing non-English names. Some of those translations are straight up wrong, and a good number of the ‘names’ on there are not names (“kura” means warehouse 😅) or even actual Japanese words at all (“marri”? 🤔)

SFSakana
On 11/5/2022 at 12:30 PM, ragnamuffin said:

It’s a little cheesy, but for his name, maybe Kazu (since both 2 and 7 can be read “kazu” in Japanese when used it people’s names), or some variation like Kazuki, Kazuto, Kazuma?

Otherwise, maybe Haku if you plan on keeping him in white? If you’d prefer a more Western name, maybe Finn or Alpin (both mean ‘white’)? Just throwing out suggestions.

Thanks for the suggestion! 😊 I have a friend who have been using the name Kazu, so would like to avoid using that.
Haku sounds cool, but I don't want to limit him to white hair only, I think he will suits black/red hair too. 

On 11/5/2022 at 4:50 PM, Xiongmao said:

My MDD girl says Hi. She actually has a very similar neck, er, lead thing that your boy has. Towa has one too since we like ordering things in pairs.

His shirt is cool with all those safety pins.

As for names, usually I just use my dolls' default names (Towa, Uzuki Kizuna, Yayoi) but my MDD is a custom so I found a long (long, long) list of Japanese names with meanings and ended up choosing Misaki, which apparently means beautiful newly grown flower.

Thanks for the comment! 😊 Most of my doll are named after a certain character or personality, or image they have. 
I need to check out list of names for guys, hopefully something cool and cute at the same time not a random object name. 

Edited by SFSakana

They need love to become pretty!

SFSakana's FacebookPage | Instagram | Twitter | YoutubeSalesPage

DollForum_signature1.jpg.535caf3bc6385f534bc6c15028ae8eec.jpg
DollForum_signature2.jpg.29a356f3a56f1d07ddc0f9991d5b6a0c.jpg

BeyondTime
5 hours ago, SFSakana said:

but I don't want to limit him to white hair only, I think he will suits black/red hair too. 

Ember?

Works with grey, black and red.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Tierparkzone
On 11/5/2022 at 12:51 PM, SFSakana said:
Introducing my new boy DDH27, but yet to decide a name for him.
Any suggestion is welcomed! 🥰

He reminds me a bit of a character from the manga Tengoku (天獄) by Utatane Hiroyuki. - So my suggestion is "Utsuho" written as "空" meaning (sky, air, empty).

SFSakana
On 11/7/2022 at 9:44 PM, BeyondTime said:

Ember?

Works with grey, black and red.

Thanks for the suggestion!  Will consider! 😊

16 hours ago, Tierparkzone said:

He reminds me a bit of a character from the manga Tengoku (天獄) by Utatane Hiroyuki. - So my suggestion is "Utsuho" written as "空" meaning (sky, air, empty).

Thanks for the input! Will consider! 😊

RetroKanojo

Congratulations on your new boy! He looks quite moody 🤭 I can't wait to see him in your photoshoots!

SFSakana
On 11/9/2022 at 6:44 PM, RetroKanojo said:

Congratulations on your new boy! He looks quite moody 🤭 I can't wait to see him in your photoshoots!

Thank you! Will definitely post more of him in future. 😊

Mo3cha

I like his faceup, did you do it yourself?

Edited by Mo3cha

milkychan

For some reason, the name Alize comes to mind, which is funny considering the name means joyous. Maybe his expression doesn't reflect him deep down, or perhaps doesn't live up to his happy name! He's absolutely adorable, and I am in love with that outfit! I need it in mlkychan size LOL

and the eyes are gorgeous, who did you purchase from? Or were they custom made by you?

Edited by milkychan

SFSakana
On 12/5/2022 at 7:59 AM, Mo3cha said:

I like his faceup, did you do it yourself?

Thanks! ChocoBana is the one who did the faceup. 😊

On 12/5/2022 at 8:44 AM, milkychan said:

For some reason, the name Alize comes to mind, which is funny considering the name means joyous. Maybe his expression doesn't reflect him deep down, or perhaps doesn't live up to his happy name! He's absolutely adorable, and I am in love with that outfit! I need it in mlkychan size LOL

and the eyes are gorgeous, who did you purchase from? Or were they custom made by you?

Thank you for the suggestion, will consider!
The eyes are hand painted by Sealand from YJA. :)