The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

End of Production for MDD Base Bodes (Update: New Base Body MDD 2.0 f3)

Monty
47 minutes ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

Pretty sure I tried to at some point and nothing worked. Maybe I can try logging in on the phone. Or wait and see if they un-regionlock the android app.

The app actually just gives you a link to the blog post which prompts you to log in, so having the app won’t help with the log-in bug. (It seems like all the app has done is notify the existence of the post several hours earlier than the twitter did).

I would try other browsers if the cache clear didn’t work.

BeyondTime
17 minutes ago, Monty said:

I would try other browsers if the cache clear didn’t work.

If that doesn't work, try from a computer that has never gone to the Volks website before. If you have issues with that, I'd contact them and explain everything you tried. Normally clearing the cache is enough because it clears out any downloaded assets that are in conflict with new updates to web pages. A computer that has never touched the website should not have those assets in the first place.

If you don't have access to another system, create a new user on your existing system and try with that. A brand new fresh user profile will be free of any downloaded content that could cause a conflict.

Updating your browsers can help too.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

finnleo

"Secondary use and unauthorized quotation of information and images in this content is prohibited"

Or... soon to be shown on all japanese doll twitter accounts. In anycase, there's nothing revolutionary, but its safe to say the MDD still has a spot in their lineup.

BeyondTime

1 hour ago, finnleo said:

In anycase, there's nothing revolutionary

Agreed, no revolution, but some nice updates imo. I'm more likely to consider an MDD now, but I still need to see more .

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Keoka

It sounds like a decent improvement then! I'm not sure if at this point I will want to switch my semi white body out (as I just bought it) so will wait for the public info / further info. 

finnleo
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

I'm more likely to consider an MDD now

mm, the biggest relief for people will probably be that spare parts for the MDD f3 "1.0" (or even partial body upgrades) should be still a thing unless they messed with the main body peg dimensions.

Edited by finnleo

Jezrah

I don't have the app but I do have membership. Is there a way that I can navigate to the announcement? 

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

finnleo
6 minutes ago, Jezrah said:

Is there a way that I can navigate to the announcement?

log in to the webstore. return to the main dollfie page, then its the first post under "Volks Dollfie blog"

or click here, if it works.

Edited by finnleo
  • Thanks 2

chantelle

The updates are nice, nothing mind blowing but pleasant. In the future I might consider replacing my MDD III body with the new body.

pyoko

I have seen a few pictures on Facebook since someone shared there.

The body feels more slim in general and kind of longer in the torso and leg area 🤔 It doesn't look as child like I think. (maybe they want to join the slim msd trend? )

I hope it's just my first impression, because the slightly chubby child look is something I really adored about the mdd and that's not common in other dolls :(

Edited by pyoko
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

0bsequi0us

I happened to get a glimpse of the new body on twitter and... RIP cute MDD legs 😔 Not very impressed with the more "shapely" legs, looks very generic imo.

I'll wait until the official release to pass too much judgment, but as of now I'm guessing my wallet will be safe.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Jezrah

I agree that the slightly pudgier look was cuter overall, but I did get frustrated with the lack of range of motion with the existing torso sculpt. I'm curious how clothing will fit, since the MDD was already slightly slimmer than the MSD as it was. I'm not against the change though as long as clothes aren't too baggy.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

mukyuu

The link to the blog doesn't work, apparently the site has too much traffic. Does anyone have a screenshot of what it looks like?

• Like 2

BeyondTime
13 hours ago, mukyuu said:

The link to the blog doesn't work, apparently the site has too much traffic. Does anyone have a screenshot of what it looks like?

Sharing of the images was forbidden by Volks, and it's their IP, so until they remove that restriction they can't be posted here. 

I've found that the Volks site often throws that error during off peak times, so if there isn't an event going on, just wait a minute and refresh. 

What's almost comical is I get that error page from time to time when browsing their site history on the wayback machine. The first time that happened my reaction was "My god... it's spreading across the internet." XD

• Like 1

Monty
1 hour ago, chantelle said:

Also I’m surprised they haven’t brought up mochi ashi yet.

Supposedly there are going to be 3 posts total like this (they haven’t said when the others come out, but if the info is going to be in the next Volks News it would have to be in the next 2 weeks or so) so maybe it will be in one of the other two posts? Mochiashi base bodies were one of the things discontinued after all.

chantelle
1 minute ago, Monty said:

Supposedly there are going to be 3 posts total like this (they haven’t said when the others come out, but if the info is going to be in the next Volks News it would have to be in the next 2 weeks or so) so maybe it will be in one of the other two posts? Mochiashi base bodies were one of the things discontinued after all.

Oh ok! That makes sense, thank you for letting me know! I guess we will have to wait and see but most likely we will eventually get an update !

finnleo
2 hours ago, chantelle said:

Wasn’t sure earlier if I could go into specifics since image sharing was prohibited, but it seems like its ok to talk about what it looks like. 

The auto translated bit was rather strict for the lack of a better word, and I hesitated to start commentary, since it would eventually be made fully public.

But as you mentioned the most notable thing is similarities to the DDP design. which probably isnt surprising, since now it looks like Volks made new shell pieces to fit a frame, instead of making a frame to fit partially old shell pieces, since by the looks of it the MDD f3 1.0 seems to share the same lower leg and feet pieces as the original MDD. the lower arm piece looks the same, and the busts seem the same, or at least I had little visual problems plonking a MDD1 bust on a MDD f3.

My initial impression is that the overall body measurements probably arent that far off from the original, but it might look slimmer if they took more time to make the body lines flow better between the parts. head size is also a thing that can make the MDD seem and look different from usual oddly enough.

BeyondTime
8 hours ago, chantelle said:

Wasn’t sure earlier if I could go into specifics since image sharing was prohibited, but it seems like its ok to talk about what it looks like. 

They forbade image sharing, and quotation of the information. I would read that as you can't re-post the images or repeat what's in the text. You own your own opinions of what you've seen, so sharing your opinions won't violate their IP from the standpoint of the site guidelines, as long as you aren't quoting what they published.

E.g. I think it's perfectly ok for me to say I think it's really cute, but I can't give the specifics of why I think that until the general release.

All I care about from a mod standpoint is the guidelines. We aren't the thought police, nor are we responsible for judging your character or personal values. We also aren't responsible for helping Volks hold people accountable for not upholding their membership agreements.

You can read the membership agreement for GL members here: https://www.volks.co.jp/cs/members/agreement.html

The "loss of membership" section makes clear that if they did identify you as having broken their rules, they can end your membership. They also have the standard boilerplate "We can change this anytime we want, and don't have to give notice."

We have free speech here except for those things forbidden by the guidelines or the law, but I would ask that people consider the reputation of the community here. We aren't a leaks site or a troll farm, and what goes on here does reflect on the members. 

• Like 2

chantelle

@finnleo @BeyondTime Thank you both for your thoughts! I think then its for the best if I take down my post. I guess its best to be careful since I also do not understand any nuances that may be in the original text concerning the rules.

Edited by chantelle

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, chantelle said:

@finnleo @BeyondTime Thank you both for your thoughts! I think then its for the best if I take down my post. I guess it's best to be careful since I also do not understand any nuances that may be in the original text concerning the rules.

I removed it, but I didn't see anything in your post that should have been an issue. The product name was mentioned already in the public Twitter post, and everything else read like your impression of what you saw. 

I wouldn't stress about it either, this is a new thing, and we're all used to talking openly about their announcements. Now we have to figure out how to navigate around something new. Their wording does seem like it's more than just "don't copy our text" and reads a bit more like an NDA, but it's not very clear, or at least the English translation is open to some interpretation. 

On 5/26/2023 at 11:25 AM, pyoko said:

I hope it's just my first impression, because the slightly chubby child look is something I really adored about the mdd and that's not common in other dolls

10 hours ago, Monty said:

Mochiashi base bodies were one of the things discontinued after all.

Maybe the Mochi Ashi 2.0 will be more focused on realizing the small child look. I'm skeptical that they wouldn't update it in a 2.0 with things like a proper torso, and hypothetically we might just be seeing a diversification into two separate product lines that was planned from the moment Mochi Ashi was conceived. At the same time I don't feel like there is a certainty that Mochi Ashi will be updated, not the way I was certain about them making a new MDD. I mean, no way were they going to kill off one of their most popular products, but was Mochi Ashi a hit or a flop in Japan?

I'm also curious what this means for DDP. I'm guessing we're going to see updates for the rest of the lines in the future, but that doesn't mean they'll all survive. I love the DDP body, but I feel zero confidence in their investment in developing it when compared to a clear investment in DDS/DD/DDDy. I know I harp on this, but seriously, still no pants? The arm length needs adjustment too, but both of those things mean an investment in clothing for 50cm with no 50cm SD on the resin side to support sales.

I'm also guessing that the next limited, or the next pre-order project, will be on the new body.

• Like 1

Steffipuschel

I found some if the pics from the new mdd

Edit: deleted facebook link

Im really hyped but the not so super childish look. The hip amd upper legs looking more realistic.

I hope the will be avaidable for normal people soon

Edited by Steffipuschel

Monty

The blog post is now available publically. This means that the gap between early access and general access is only one week. In accordance with the rules as @BeyondTime stated (and the wishes of Volks), I think it’s best to continue to not post links(other than to volks)/images during the early access phase.

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/blog/2023/06/01/006335.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=sns&utm_campaign=DD

Hopefully there’s a new early access blog post soon too.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 2

Steffipuschel

Awesome. Ive deleted the link

Hope we will get a release date soon

BeyondTime
5 hours ago, Monty said:

I think it’s best to continue to not post links(other than to volks)/images during the early access phase.

Exactly.

It's easy to miss the fine print in the excitement about new announcements. In general, if you have to login as a paid member to see a thing, it probably isn't going to be ok to post it in public forums.

Monty
8 hours ago, Steffipuschel said:

Hope we will get a release date soon

I was assuming it would be in July, which is when the new DD stuff (Ie new heads and Dream Choice additions) typically goes on sale, but it’s not confirmed yet.