Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Kagamine Rin/Len Reboot!

Shailara

I wonder if anyone will want just the head or just the clothes...

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Monty

Well that’s interesting, their preorder dates are outside of Dolpa. I was wondering if they’d be the April Dolpa DDs, where people attending could get them then and there (or a quicker preorder like with Meiko) and everyone else a regular preorder. 

This mean April is still open…just when I thought I was already safe. 

Edit: As I thought, the fine print does reveal that Reboot Rin’s 02 tattoo comes already printed on her arm, rather than the water slide decals (that I don’t even know if anyone bothered using) the original came with. 

Edited by Monty

Shailara

It seems that the preorder period is between late Feb to early March? And the delivery is in Fall! 

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

That_Dollfie_Dude
3 hours ago, Monty said:

Edit: As I thought, the fine print does reveal that Reboot Rin’s 02 tattoo comes already printed on her arm, rather than the water slide decals (that I don’t even know if anyone bothered using) the original came with. 

Snow Miku Reboot is the same way.  The tattoo came already printed on her arm. 

Monty
15 minutes ago, That_Dollfie_Dude said:

Snow Miku Reboot is the same way.  The tattoo came already printed on her arm. 

Yeah, it seems like it’s how it’s done now. Gudako/Master (FGO) had the command seal printed on her hand too (although Tohsaka Rin might have too IIRC?)

I like the idea of it better than the decals, but in terms of what I want my own doll to look like I personally prefer without. But if it was visible in a pic it shouldn’t be (Ie wearing a different sleeveless outfit),  you could always just get some extra DDS arms (or swap with another DDS you already have just for the photo). Although it would be covered with most outfits anyway, so it’s not a big deal.

Edited by Monty

Poofiemus

. . . oh no, now I'm thinking of getting Len to turn into Venti from Genshin Impact. Send help.

Do we know if the preorder will be on Volks USA? I know International will probably be cheaper, but depending on the difference it may make more sense if they let you pay in full up front. (Not that it's a done deal yet buuuut. ..  .I still wanna know lo)

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Emil
9 hours ago, Monty said:

Yeah, it seems like it’s how it’s done now. Gudako/Master (FGO) had the command seal printed on her hand too (although Tohsaka Rin might have too IIRC?)

I have UBW/2nd ver Rin, she came with waterslide decals. I still haven't gotten around to actually putting them on a hand... I'd assume 1st ver Rin is the same 

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

~ Florens Academy of Witchcraft ~

Lynn

Just for information, Len does NOT come with a printed tattoo on his arm. He comes with decals. 🤣 Volks, please explain your logic... 

Edited by Lynn

magique
11 hours ago, Lynn said:

Just for information, Len does NOT come with a printed tattoo on his arm. He comes with decals. 🤣 Volks, please explain your logic... 

maybe because his shoulders are covered by his outfit?

Can anyone with the original versions tell if their outfits/accessories seem different in any way?

Edited by magique

Tira
On 1/30/2023 at 5:21 PM, Emil said:

I have UBW/2nd ver Rin, she came with waterslide decals. I still haven't gotten around to actually putting them on a hand... I'd assume 1st ver Rin is the same 

The first version of Rin doesn't have decals at all. To be fair, the original Fate Dollfies were released in connection to Hollow Ataraxia, which is a sequel, and the Command Seals probably disappeared after the Holy Grail War ended... But more likely it just wasn't something that Volks thought to include at the time.

Len is super tempting - he would be an adorable Link - but I already have Kaito on preorder, and both Smartdoll and Imomodoll are hinting at upcoming boy doll releases.

Edited by Tira
  • Like 1

Jezrah

I am so torn. Len was never officially on my wishlist since I didn't think I'd get him for a price that I would be comfortable with, but of course this changes that. But then the balance payment for Kaito will be coming up relatively soon, and like @Tira I'm also worried about maxing out funds and then missing another release. So I guess I have to think about whether I want his sculpt more than an unknown potential release.

• Like 1

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Mega Negi

I wonder if they will produce another batch of Kagamine themed bodysuits with the zippers this time.

littlebirdzoom

I already have both of them, but I'm definitely going to buy both reboot versions as well (and the bag) since they're my favorite. I'd love to have two just to display in their defaults. I feel safe because Volks hasn't done a non vocaloid pre order I've cared about in a long time, but let's watch them surprise me and send me into financial ruin lol. Thank you volks for not making them a click war though...

But if you don't start making outfits for Len we're gonna have issues lol

Edited by littlebirdzoom
  • Like 1

Waiting for eternity for Volks to release more Idolm@ster girls.

kranberrijam

I was going to get the bag, but the photos make me feel like it's lacking something? I dunno, maybe I just like crazy busy designs (very true). I think I'd rather save the money and hope for more Len outfits (I know, keep dreaming).

🍺💅🐙 Linktree : Instagram : TwitterYouTube 🐙💅🍺

931519944_Xakselle_banner_blogger-Copy.jpg.13edd8df929d8ad05e5998f9d5689a19.jpg

Wasabi

Pre-order is much earlier than I expected (for some reason I expected them in fall).

On 1/30/2023 at 9:11 PM, Poofiemus said:

. . . oh no, now I'm thinking of getting Len to turn into Venti from Genshin Impact. Send help.

Do we know if the preorder will be on Volks USA? I know International will probably be cheaper, but depending on the difference it may make more sense if they let you pay in full up front. (Not that it's a done deal yet buuuut. ..  .I still wanna know lo)

I am 100% getting Rin and Len to turn into Lumine and Aether, so... 😂

On 2/1/2023 at 2:32 AM, Tira said:

Len is super tempting - he would be an adorable Link - but I already have Kaito on preorder, and both Smartdoll and Imomodoll are hinting at upcoming boy doll releases.

I am not holding my breath for the Smartdoll boys.
Don't get me wrong, I'd absolutely love one (or two) as their body sculpt is more mature/muscular than DDB. But regular availability of any SmD product is flaky and I am not going to camp their website for the hope of snagging one when it randomly drops. So if they are available regularly I will definitely get one, otherwise nah.

The Imomodoll guys I am very interested in though...

littlebirdzoom
On 2/2/2023 at 7:21 PM, kranberrijam said:

I was going to get the bag, but the photos make me feel like it's lacking something? I dunno, maybe I just like crazy busy designs (very true). I think I'd rather save the money and hope for more Len outfits (I know, keep dreaming).

There's like 4 different shades of yellow going on, grey, blue, red and black. I know their eyes are blue, but the blue bits feel recycled and the random grey?? looks a little lazy and kinda kills it for me. The stripes for the zipper and metallic strip underneath are different shades, the straps are different too.

It would have looked amazing if it was just yellow, red and black. I'm not sure where the thinking for the grey came in. Miku's bag is clean and amazing, so I'm not sure what's going on with this one. I know it's in the illustration it's just idk. Pretty busy and a bit underwhelming for what it could have been?

Edited by littlebirdzoom
  • Thanks 2

Waiting for eternity for Volks to release more Idolm@ster girls.

MagicalRinchan

Just confirming, you don't have to be a GL member to pre-order them, right? I'm a bit confused about when you do and don't need GL membership.

finnleo
33 minutes ago, MagicalRinchan said:

I'm a bit confused about when you do and don't need GL membership.

Typically there are small round icons on the item picture in the webstore that either are "VS" "GL" or "VIP" that say what perk you need to be in to apply.

Rin and Len dont seem to have these, so you should be ok.

• Thanks 1

Xiongmao
On 2/3/2023 at 1:21 AM, kranberrijam said:

I have the Miku bag and it's a lovely thing. I use it when I take my girls out for photoshoots.

As for the Kagamine bag, I too think it's lacking something, and it's not nearly as good at the Miku version.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

MrFjmg03
On 1/31/2023 at 6:32 PM, Tira said:

The first version of Rin doesn't have decals at all. To be fair, the original Fate Dollfies were released in connection to Hollow Ataraxia, which is a sequel, and the Command Seals probably disappeared after the Holy Grail War ended... But more likely it just wasn't something that Volks thought to include at the time.

On 1/31/2023 at 7:32 PM, Jezrah said:

I am so torn. Len was never officially on my wishlist since I didn't think I'd get him for a price that I would be comfortable with, but of course this changes that. But then the balance payment for Kaito will be coming up relatively soon, and like @Tira I'm also worried about maxing out funds and then missing another release. So I guess I have to think about whether I want his sculpt more than an unknown potential release.

I’m on the same boat as you two. I’m very tempted to preorder Len, but I’m waiting for Kaito rest of the payment. I’m afraid it will be soon and if I preorder Len I will be in so much debt. Unless I sell some of my resin dolls I’m trying to sell. But he is so cute and having a second DD anime boy to be Kaito friend will be nice.

BeyondTime
9 hours ago, That_Dollfie_Dude said:

VolksUSA is officially holding a preorder for Rin and Len.

It looks like they're also going to have the Snow Miku 2023 outfit for preorder as well.

For those who prefer to pay upfront, It's a full pre-pay through Volks USA.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Jezrah

I wish I could support Volks USA, but they made the price by removing two zeros again, and right now that's a difference of about $175 dollars. Plus of course the delivery is in Winter 2023 rather than Fall 2023.

I actually saw Len up for sale on Volks USA for one of their Winter special releases, but I hesitated because the price was around the same then too at more than $700. I had a hard time justifying it since I don't care about the outfit or keytar, and so I chose to buy a different doll at the time. The International preorder is the first time since the original release that I feel ok about the price, though I was going through a financial hardship at that time so couldn't get him then. It made me sad too since he sat in the store for so long and then Volks thought there wasn't interest in boys.

• Like 3

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Jezrah said:

but they made the price by removing two zeros again, and right now that's a difference of about $175 dollars.

I don't think they just chop two zeros off. They have to pay for shipping from Japan, and California is an absurdly expensive place to run a business.

California never met a tax or fee that it didn't like. 🤣

Doesn't change the price difference, but the difference seems in line with how expensive things are here. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction