Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Stupid_Hoomun

Stupid Hoomun with a camera.

Stupid_Hoomun

I plan to put photo's of my dolls here, rather than have separate threads for each of them.

I'm no pro with a camera and just use my smart phone, sometimes with terrible results.

To start with, Chito was my first BJD. She's got her own phone, and took some 'elfies' with it.

Chi067.jpg

Chi068.jpg

And with it been the holiday season. She has asked me to plug her festive CD, originally released in July.

Chi-CD-Cover-Front.jpg

More to follow sometime. My hosting site is not cooperating tonight.

• Like 17
  • Haha 6

Xiongmao

Wow she's very cute. I nearly bought a Smart Doll earlier this year but went for a second Dollfie instead.

I have some of those miniature spirits but haven't seen the Jaggermeister before.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Stupid_Hoomun
12 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

Wow she's very cute. I nearly bought a Smart Doll earlier this year but went for a second Dollfie instead.

I have some of those miniature spirits but haven't seen the Jaggermeister before.

Thank you. The Jaggermeister miniature was a christmas gift, 2 bottles with 2 shot glasses. Not something I drink or collect but makes a great prop.

11 hours ago, DesertPhantom51 said:

The album cover has me dying, too funny. 

Thanks, I try to portray some humour in the pics I take. If I can bring a smile to someones face, I feel like I have accomplished something. Pleased to hear it gave you a giggle.

• Like 1

Rajke

Very nice shoot. Despite using a phone the photo’s turned out really beautiful.

@onion26@

The sense of humor with the cd cover is nice. The photo is a lot but not crappy at all. 

• Like 1

@onion20@   This is a signature.

Stupid_Hoomun
45 minutes ago, Rajke said:

Very nice shoot. Despite using a phone the photo’s turned out really beautiful.

@onion26@

The sense of humor with the cd cover is nice. The photo is a lot but not crappy at all. 

Thanks Rajke. Most of the time lighting is my biggest problem with photos. The CD cover took about 6 hours of editing to acheive a result I was happy with.

• Like 1

battrastard

I got a good laugh out of the album cover, and your Chito is super adorable! 

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

Stupid_Hoomun
8 hours ago, battrastard said:

I got a good laugh out of the album cover, and your Chito is super adorable! 

Thanks, we are pleased you like the album cover and photo's.

PolitelyNefarious

@Stupid_Hoomun  That lavender wig is perfect for her! It compliments her skintone (cinnamon?) and eyeshadow nicely. She already has a smartphone, I see. Also, you've nailed the cheesy Christmas album cover. The Jagermeister bottle had me rolling.

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg

Stupid_Hoomun
4 hours ago, PolitelyNefarious said:

@Stupid_Hoomun  That lavender wig is perfect for her! It compliments her skintone (cinnamon?) and eyeshadow nicely. She already has a smartphone, I see. Also, you've nailed the cheesy Christmas album cover. The Jagermeister bottle had me rolling.

Thanks, you are correct about her skintone, she is cinnamon. Her face up and wig are standard, I wouldn't change anything about her, she's perfect.

I wish I never got her the phone though, she's always surfing the web on it, looking for things to spend my money on.

ragnamuffin
2 hours ago, Stupid_Hoomun said:

I wish I never got her the phone though, she's always surfing the web on it, looking for things to spend my money on.

This is the real reason it’s such an expensive hobby 🤑

• Haha 1

Stupid_Hoomun
7 hours ago, ragnamuffin said:

This is the real reason it’s such an expensive hobby 🤑

That's so true, and it gets worse. Lucy (my first DD) has only been here a week and Chito has already shown her how shopping works. 😬

Chi089.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Xiongmao

Congrats on Lucy. Is she the Lucy Maria Misora Magical Princess Ver? Her default outfit is really cool - I love that umbrella. It's much better than the one I bought on AliExpress.

I don't know if you have/want her outfit but they do appear on Mandarake from time to time. I have a couple of To Heart 2 outfits - one was the first thing I bought on Mandarake online. Right now I have other grail outfits I am seeking though.

At least Lucy came with useful hands. My Kizuna came with fists/rock hands which aren't really that useful at all!

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

Stupid_Hoomun
1 minute ago, Xiongmao said:

Congrats on Lucy. Is she the Lucy Maria Misora Magical Princess Ver? Her default outfit is really cool - I love that umbrella. It's much better than the one I bought on AliExpress.

I don't know if you have/want her outfit but they do appear on Mandarake from time to time. I have a couple of To Heart 2 outfits - one was the first thing I bought on Mandarake online. Right now I have other grail outfits I am seeking though.

At least Lucy came with useful hands. My Kizuna came with fists/rock hands which aren't really that useful at all!

Thanks, I am really pleased I got her, the listing said she had marks on her legs and yellowing to the head. I can't see the marks on her legs and the yellowing is round the back so easily hidden by the wig. It took a big leap of faith to buy her for 45,000 Yen since it was my first time buying on Mandarake but I'm smitten with her. She was listed as 'To Heart 2 Lucy Maria Misora 1st' The outfit she has on is what she arrived with, there are dark socks with it too but I didn't put those on her incase they stained. She also has little flower hair clips but I didn't put those in because I am ham fisted with carpal tunnel at the moment and they'd be too easy to loose.

I will keep an eye out for the Magical Princess outfit, although it's not a grail item for me. I'm about out of funds until I sell some stuff I've got kicking around, then I'm probably going to try get my grail SmD Anomaly zombie.

Jezrah

The Magical Princess version Lucy was made in semi white skin whereas the first version of Lucy was in white skin. The umbrella in the Magical Princess set looks pretty but it does not open up sadly.

• Like 1

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Xiongmao
1 hour ago, Jezrah said:

The Magical Princess version Lucy was made in semi white skin whereas the first version of Lucy was in white skin. The umbrella in the Magical Princess set looks pretty but it does not open up sadly.

Oh that's a shame. Here's Towa in her first pro photo shoot. The umbrella is from AliExpress, but it does match the kitty ears outfit and is a good size for Dollfies and Smart Dolls. Towa looks quite pale in this photo... maybe she wasn't eating her greens.

Right now my girls are shooting a horror movie 😆.

spacer.png

• Like 4

Stupid_Hoomun

Great photo of Towa, Liking the angle you have taken it at. A brolly is a must have round here, its been pouring down most of the day.

• Like 1

Stupid_Hoomun

This morning we was blessed with some lovely sunshine which gave good conditions for Lucy's first photo shoot. Posting up some of the ones I think are best.

Lucy001.jpg

Lucy003.jpg

Lucy004.jpg

Lucy005.jpg

Lucy007.jpg

• Like 9

Xiongmao

Nice photos of Lucy. I do like the look of the "vintage" Dollfies. I did almost get Haruhi Suzumiya a couple of years ago but she was in a bad state and at the time I didn't really know enough about them to be able to figure out how to restore her.

Rajke

Lucy looks great.

the earlier Dollfie’s gives off a total different aura. She is really gorgeous.

Her wig and eyes works very well with her skintone. 
@onion20@

@onion20@   This is a signature.

Stupid_Hoomun

Thanks for the comments.

Lucy's wig is a nightmare. If I catch it when I move her, it moves or sometimes comes right off. This is why in the above photo's, her fringe is at different heights. Going to get her a silicone wig cap at some point in the hope that it will prevent it. Failing that, maybe a little bit of double sided adhesive tape.

Edited by Stupid_Hoomun

Hachiihoney

Chito's an absolute beauty! Congrat on getting her 💖

• Like 1

Stupid_Hoomun

First photo of the latest addition to my bjd family. A grail of mine, a blue SmD Anomaly zombie.

Mort001.jpg

I'm very happy I finally got her. I'd been hunting her down for a while and seen a few heads for sale but never a body. I got lucky one morning and there was one on YJA so I snapped it up. There was a head on ebay I'd been watching for weeks, it was still there so I got that too. Then I just had to decide on eyes and a wig, which took the rest of the day lol. 2 weeks waiting and everything finally arrived. I decided to name her Mort.

• Like 7

ragnamuffin

Congrats! She looks beautiful. I’m especially smitten by the wig. If you don’t mind, could you tell me where you got it and what colour it is?

Stupid_Hoomun
7 hours ago, ragnamuffin said:

Congrats! She looks beautiful. I’m especially smitten by the wig. If you don’t mind, could you tell me where you got it and what colour it is?

Thanks. The wig was an ebay find. It was sold as used by a private seller so I'm afraid I don't know where it originated from.

• Thanks 1