Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

mothermarymartyr

Blushing soft vinyl?

mothermarymartyr

Hi! New to this forum but a long time doll collecter. I'm used to doing face ups and body blushing on resin dolls and hard vinyl but have never worked on soft vinyl. I recently got an angel philia doll, which I'm SUPER excited about, but I'm not sure about blushing the body. She is the soft skin type, and I'm hoping someone can answer a few questions for me. 

Would airbrushing work better than the soft pastel method? And for sealant (I usually use MSC), would I need to worry about it breaking up or cracking when the soft vinyl is pressed on while posing or changing clothes? 

I've wanted this doll for years and I've gone through hoops to get the right option pieces for her, so any input on how ~not~ to mess this up is greatly appreciated! ⁽⁠⁽⁠ଘ⁠(⁠ ⁠ˊ⁠ᵕ⁠ˋ⁠ ⁠)⁠ଓ⁠⁾⁠⁾

ragnamuffin
2 hours ago, mothermarymartyr said:

I recently got an angel philia doll, which I'm SUPER excited about, but I'm not sure about blushing the body.

AP bodies come pre-blushed so you don’t need to blush it yourself unless you want to add extra designs or colours or something to it.

mothermarymartyr

Hi! Thanks for the reply. I do actually plan on customizing the blushing. I'm nervous about it lol (⁠•⁠ ⁠▽⁠ ⁠•⁠;⁠)

battrastard
3 hours ago, mothermarymartyr said:

I do actually plan on customizing the blushing. I'm nervous about it lol (⁠•⁠ ⁠▽⁠ ⁠•⁠;⁠)

Look around here, there's plenty of mods that folks have done, whether the "harder" vinyl of DD's or the AP's and others.. This place is an awesome database for lots of dolls! 

Just take your time, and understand that whatever you do, we can find suggestions/options to fix her, too! 

Rick.

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

mothermarymartyr
11 hours ago, battrastard said:

Look around here, there's plenty of mods that folks have done, whether the "harder" vinyl of DD's or the AP's and others.. This place is an awesome database for lots of dolls! 

Just take your time, and understand that whatever you do, we can find suggestions/options to fix her, too! 

Rick.

I've been looking around and not found much concerning soft skin, but I'll give it another comb through. /⁠ᐠ⁠。⁠ꞈ⁠。⁠ᐟ⁠\ I may make a WIP thread to get peoples thoughts through the process. 

• Like 1

Starwaia

Not to hijack or anything but for anyone familiar with silicone doll parts, are they also blushable? OR does the blushing come apart when the parts are compressed/handled in a way that squishes? And would that be an issue when moving Angel Philia parts as well, them being still fairly solid iirc? (asking out of curiosity/potentially adding tattoos to an Adyka Doll body)

Got less time to do doll stuff and more time to procrastinate. I'll try to be active here more discussion-wise but no pics or news for a while, unfortunately. Being busy sucks.

Currently watching BNHA, on season 6 and obsessed! (being in a fandom late makes dodging spoilers an issue tho :()
More into Nendoroids than BJDs rn, but I'm waiting for a grail of mine and also hoping to get back into that stuff soon!

chantelle
2 hours ago, Starwaia said:

Not to hijack or anything but for anyone familiar with silicone doll parts, are they also blushable? OR does the blushing come apart when the parts are compressed/handled in a way that squishes? And would that be an issue when moving Angel Philia parts as well, them being still fairly solid iirc? (asking out of curiosity/potentially adding tattoos to an Adyka Doll body)

Iirc you can paint and blush silicone parts but that its different than working with vinyl/resin. I heard that the reborn doll community has a lot of good information on painting silicone so I would recommend looking there!

• Like 2

mothermarymartyr

I actually have a silicone bust otw; it's second hand and a little damaged so im going to use it for blushing practice. I'll let you know what I find! 

• Thanks 2