Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Anya Forger (+ the new ChimikkoDD)

ragnamuffin
8 hours ago, Emil said:

The solution would just be making a YoDD that fits into YoSD/chibi dress line imo.

I want this so bad. Make it happen, Volks!

• Like 1

chef_mai
3 hours ago, Jezrah said:

Anya says that she's six but she has the appearance of only a 4 or 5 year old

The 6 was a lie since the school required the kid be 6 to apply, and she read his mind. Her actual age is never stated, but since she's probably 4-5 as you say.

The youngest MDD character that comes to mind for me is Arle, but that's so much different from a character in an anime who walks, talks and is very clearly that age.

Eiko82

How exciting!! I'm very curious to se how Volks will bring Anya to life. 

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

RavenWiccan

I can’t wait to see what she looks like! Like others have said, I’m really hoping for a new size of DD for her so she will be shorter than MDD. A doll that size would be good for a custom Chibi Chibi from Sailor Moon too, which is something I’ve been wanting. 😅 In general I just wish there were more sizes. 

With announcements like this, how long does it usually take to see pics of the actual doll? Will she be released in the spring/summer?

BeyondTime
35 minutes ago, RavenWiccan said:

With announcements like this, how long does it usually take to see pics of the actual doll? Will she be released in the spring/summer?

Typically about a year from teaser image to completed doll. No guarantees though, it can be shorter or longer depending on their project priorities. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

CreationOdyssey
5 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Typically about a year from teaser image to completed doll. No guarantees though, it can be shorter or longer depending on their project priorities. 

Is that completed doll up for sale or is that complete doll in hands of the owners?

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, CreationOdyssey said:

Is that completed doll up for sale or is that complete doll in hands of the owners?

Up for sale, but it depends. The Nier dolls were teased a year before they were announced as a pre-order, and then it was a year from that to actual delivery.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

RavenWiccan
4 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Ooohhh ok! I have longer to plan for her than I thought then. I hope we do at least get actual pics soon!

RavenWiccan
On 2/16/2023 at 2:29 AM, TVXD said:

Me waiting for an announcement on Anya be like

spacer.png

Same! I was kind of hoping to see pics of her today once I saw they released Ariel pics. I guess if they were going to be released at the same dolpa they would have released the info now, so I guess she will be later on in the year.

Monty
27 minutes ago, RavenWiccan said:

Same! I was kind of hoping to see pics of her today once I saw they released Ariel pics. I guess if they were going to be released at the same dolpa they would have released the info now, so I guess she will be later on in the year.

The DDs for the next Dolpa haven’t been unveiled yet - the Disney princesses just always seem to be unveiled early. (They’re also usually not available at dolpa but for some reason Ariel is).

We’ll probably see the DDs in mid March (the usual time is the Friday before Volks News ships), although if it really is Anya, Shueisha might want to unveil her a little earlier because they did that with Yor. Shueisha seem to do some thing where they announce a whole lot of Jump related merch at once (judging by the glut of new Jump merch added to myfigurecollection around the same time every month or so) 

• Like 2

TVXD
9 hours ago, RavenWiccan said:

So I guess we’ll keep waiting.. 

• Sad 1

RavenWiccan
17 hours ago, Monty said:

The DDs for the next Dolpa haven’t been unveiled yet - the Disney princesses just always seem to be unveiled early. (They’re also usually not available at dolpa but for some reason Ariel is).

We’ll probably see the DDs in mid March (the usual time is the Friday before Volks News ships), although if it really is Anya, Shueisha might want to unveil her a little earlier because they did that with Yor. Shueisha seem to do some thing where they announce a whole lot of Jump related merch at once (judging by the glut of new Jump merch added to myfigurecollection around the same time every month or so) 

Well, at least mid March isn’t too far away then. But if they don’t reveal her for this one we probably won’t get pics of her until late fall, so fingers crossed! 😁

Monty
56 minutes ago, RavenWiccan said:

Well, at least mid March isn’t too far away then. But if they don’t reveal her for this one we probably won’t get pics of her until late fall, so fingers crossed! 😁

There’s also summer Dolpa, which would be announced in June (which is close to late fall for me, so still tracks)

• Like 1

RavenWiccan
40 minutes ago, Monty said:

There’s also summer Dolpa, which would be announced in June (which is close to late fall for me, so still tracks)

Oh right, I forgot there was another one in summer! That would be good then, I just hope it’s sometime this year and that they don’t make us keep guessing for forever. 😅

Collie

I would hope not, Dollfie Plus are pretty... dated in appearance and definitely not childlike at all!

• Like 1

Monty
2 hours ago, TVXD said:

I saw on the 25th anniversary page - the dollfie plus its a 1/6 dollfie

dollfieplus

maybe future Anya???

These are 1/6 in terms of fashion doll/barbie proportions - they’re actually an old thing (the original dollfies) that have been recently brought back for anniversary purposes in the last couple of years. Not related to DD at all other than being their historical ancestors.

CeliathePikachu

THEY JUST ANNOUNCED A NEW BODY TYPE FOR ANYA

Screenshot_20230908_010530_X.jpg.bb096dd609f4fd945b3053dadfe21e55.jpg

Edited by CeliathePikachu
  • Like 8

Currently at home: Autumn (DD2 DDH-01), Sakura (MDD3 DDH-08), Haku (Mio Akiyama), Mashiro (Mashiro Mito), Kaito (Vocaloid KAITO)

Mashiro Mito is my wife and I love her!

Monty

She is also the preorder project for this year.

I’m really excited for ChimikkoDD! I just hope it doesn’t go the way of DDP and get neglected with clothing (I can’t tell if it’s close enough to YoSD from the picture)… but if it does I hope they at least make base bodies. I really like that size. Really looking forward to seeing comparison pics with MDD (and Yor of course).

I’m a bit surprised by her expression though, it’s cute but I was really expecting an open mouth smiling face.

• Like 3

Noxxbunny

Excited to see more info about the body size!! I adore Anya but...I admit I was also hoping for a more smiley expression on her.

Curious to see what her price point ends up being, I also wonder if she'll be Yo-SD sized, otherwise same...I worry about the lack of clothes for her. All of that will determine whether or not I get her. I'd hate to not be able to buy her cute outfits. 😭

(Who am I kidding I will likely cave because I just think Anya as a character is adorable lol)

• Like 5

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

CeliathePikachu
10 minutes ago, Monty said:

She is also the preorder project for this year.

I’m really excited for ChimikkoDD! I just hope it doesn’t go the way of DDP and get neglected with clothing (I can’t tell if it’s close enough to YoSD from the picture)… but if it does I hope they at least make base bodies. I really like that size. Really looking forward to seeing comparison pics with MDD (and Yor of course).

I’m a bit surprised by her expression though, it’s cute but I was really expecting an open mouth smiling face.

Yeah, I was so excited about the new body I didn't mention that I'm disappointed they didn't make her happy, which feels more like her character to me. Well, I wasn't really planning on getting her anyway, so it makes sense that I'm more excited about the new body.

• Like 2

Currently at home: Autumn (DD2 DDH-01), Sakura (MDD3 DDH-08), Haku (Mio Akiyama), Mashiro (Mashiro Mito), Kaito (Vocaloid KAITO)

Mashiro Mito is my wife and I love her!

CreationOdyssey

EEEEEEEE!!! I’m so excited and definitely grabbing her!! How long do preorder’s typically take, I’m 100% ordering her but definitely need to save. 

I’m also kinda bummed with her expression, but hoping I can find an artist to give her a new face up!! Kind of regretting not getting Yor now, but that’s okay I’m sure I can find her later on somehow.

Monty
1 hour ago, CreationOdyssey said:

EEEEEEEE!!! I’m so excited and definitely grabbing her!! How long do preorder’s typically take, I’m 100% ordering her but definitely need to save. 

Typically a year, but Kaito was half that. We’ll see if she has a release estimate (usually they just give the season) when Volks News comes out on Monday.

• Like 1

roro_robot

The new body type for her is really interesting! I though MDD would be the smallest they would go so I'm really interested to see a comparison when she releases. I'm not familiar with the character or series so I won't be buying her myself but she does look very cute <3