Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Babybel-Goth

DDS small hands or large hands?

Babybel-Goth

So, I recently bought all the parts to build my first DD. I already had arms and hands, but I snagged another set while I was buying the rest of the parts...

My question-- Is DDS supposed to have small hands and not large ones? The optional hands I bought seem much too big compared to the ones I had (I don't know what size the hands I have were, just that they came with Sailor Moon).

RetroKanojo

Generally, all girls are shipped with the standard size, although I think the limited boys all come with the larger hands. So, I guess you could say that the large hands are meant to represent larger, MANLIER hands. @onion9@

They have more detailing than the standard size though, so some might prefer them for that reason! They are.. pretty big though, yeah. 

I bought a secondhand DDBIII body at the tail end of 2022 and because I had no other head, I plopped my 07 Saber-look-alike Faker onto it. Now, I have to say that I have 0 artistic talent whatsoever. I usually don't see mistakes in poses or proportions or stuff like that. I've had the doll sitting right in front of me for weeks now and while it took me a while to see it, I eventually realized that - wait - is it just me or are Faker's hand humongous?? It doesn't really bother me, but the fact that I was able to notice it at all speaks for the difference. I just grabbed my girl Anzu to compare and yup, sure enough, the hands that came with the DDB are significantly larger.

In the end, (as it is with many things in this hobby) it comes down to personal preference. Considering that your girl is a DDS, however, I'd imagine the large hands look even larger on her than a normal DD/B. 

• Like 1

Babybel-Goth
47 minutes ago, RetroKanojo said:

Generally, all girls are shipped with the standard size, although I think the limited boys all come with the larger hands. So, I guess you could say that the large hands are meant to represent larger, MANLIER hands. @onion9@

They have more detailing than the standard size though, so some might prefer them for that reason! They are.. pretty big though, yeah. 

I bought a secondhand DDBIII body at the tail end of 2022 and because I had no other head, I plopped my 07 Saber-look-alike Faker onto it. Now, I have to say that I have 0 artistic talent whatsoever. I usually don't see mistakes in poses or proportions or stuff like that. I've had the doll sitting right in front of me for weeks now and while it took me a while to see it, I eventually realized that - wait - is it just me or are Faker's hand humongous?? It doesn't really bother me, but the fact that I was able to notice it at all speaks for the difference. I just grabbed my girl Anzu to compare and yup, sure enough, the hands that came with the DDB are significantly larger.

In the end, (as it is with many things in this hobby) it comes down to personal preference. Considering that your girl is a DDS, however, I'd imagine the large hands look even larger on her than a normal DD/B. 

I don't know why, but for some reason I thought maybe the regular (which I thought were small) were for the MDDs and such...I guess I was bound to make some kind of mistake my first go round, haha.

Thanks for confirming my suspicion. I was very surprised seeing them in person, but thought maybe it might have been the pose of the hands making them look significantly larger. XD

RetroKanojo

Don't feel too bad about it! It's like you said - there are so many things to keep in mind when it comes to these dolls, mistakes are kind of bound to happen! If there's ever anything you don't feel sure about, trying to look up stuff here on the forums or posting a question before making a purchase is always an option!

MDD hands are basically their own separate thing and they also have separate large/deka versions! However, in their case, the 'large' hands are more.. pudgy/chubby looking, rather than more 'masculine'. I don't own a MDD, so I can't talk about how much bigger their large hands actually are.

ApplicationFrameHost_YvVU1iV5XM.png.52a7e68f0ad15a4cbdbf823c3229e995.png

Here is the 'Rock/Fisted Hand' in all variations. From left to right: MDD, MMD large, DD, DD large 

There's definitely differences, but it's practically impossible to get a good idea of the scale from the product pictures alone @onion4@ There's also some hands/poses that are only available as large version, if I remember correctly? 

Apparently someone on the forums had tried to shrink the large hands before. They didn't get much smaller, but if you feel adventurous you could try dunking them in acetone for a month or so.