Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Hachiihoney

Marin Kitagawa WIP

Hachiihoney

Hello everyone! Finally out of new member status and I'm super excited to be sharing progress of my girl Honey, dressing up as Marin Kitagawa from My dress up darling!

I sadly didn't take as many photos as I would have liked during the process of finding and locating bits and pieces that makes Marin, marin, but I would like to present the first pass of her almost complete cosplay!

I'm still waiting on some japanese school shoes, a better fitting bangle and some additional stuff here and there... Including a face up I decided to commission an artist for. Will update this thread along the way as I nail her details down~

Thank you for sharing this journey with me!

SNOW_20230119_213257_883.jpg.bdace605c3c7c461824c87d200de9024.jpg

SNOW_20230119_213244_761.jpg.9880aa240264da1d9f8d1b254781f476.jpg

Edited by Hachiihoney
  • Like 13

Hachiihoney

Found some older work in progress photos of the back view of her wig and attaching her nails will some hobby craft glue to her extra hands~ 💖

SNOW_20221220_192558_510.jpg

SNOW_20221220_204000_587.jpg

• Like 7

RetroKanojo

I've never seen 'My dress up daring!', but your Marin really looks adorable. @onion26@Judging by the name of the series, I assume she's a fairly fashionable character with lots of alternative outfits? That's perfect for a Dollfie, isn't it!

I'm really curious to see how she'll look once she's all done, definitely keep us updated!

• Like 1

Hachiihoney
6 hours ago, RetroKanojo said:

I've never seen 'My dress up daring!', but your Marin really looks adorable. @onion26@Judging by the name of the series, I assume she's a fairly fashionable character with lots of alternative outfits? That's perfect for a Dollfie, isn't it!

I'm really curious to see how she'll look once she's all done, definitely keep us updated!

Aaaaa thank you so much! The anime series is adorable and fluffy, and I'd definitely recommend it. 💖

Yes she's also a really fashionable character, and the outfit combinations are endless! Indeed super fitting for a dollfie for sure ~

And I'd definitely keep this thread updated! Thank you so much for following 💖

• Like 1

Hachiihoney

Dressed and styled Marin's wig and cheongsam last night for some Lunar New Year pictures~

Happy Lunar New Year everyone! 🍊🍊

SNOW_20230122_021941_913.jpg

Edited by Hachiihoney
  • Like 12

Malloruru

Marin!!!! Omg so cute!!! The little nails 😭

now you have to make all of her little costumes www

• Haha 1

cluffy

your marin is so so gorgeous...!! all of the little details like the hair and nails are perfect and so cute

do you think you'll make any of the cosplays she does, like the first gothic-lolita-ish one? :^) (i can't remember the name, it's been a while since i read it haha)

• Like 1

Hachiihoney
14 hours ago, Malloruru said:

Marin!!!! Omg so cute!!! The little nails 😭

now you have to make all of her little costumes www

3 hours ago, littleclover said:

your marin is so so gorgeous...!! all of the little details like the hair and nails are perfect and so cute

do you think you'll make any of the cosplays she does, like the first gothic-lolita-ish one? :^) (i can't remember the name, it's been a while since i read it haha)

Thank you both so much! I adore her character so much and I hope I do her character justice 😭

Her costumes are so varied and I'm not sure if I am able to do them all... But maybe after I'm done with the default Marin, I may choose to make some of her cosplay alter egos~ 😅

• Like 2

baldylox

I loved that anime and I really love your Marin!  She's beautiful!  Thanks for sharing pics of her with us!  <3 

Billy

• Like 1

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Hachiihoney

Been quietly working on looking for a suitable head, wig, skirt and accurate shoes for Marin, and finally happy with the outcome and vibe! Hoping I do her justice too.

Can't wait to take her out for photos someday, but this will do for now 🩷️ 

SNOW_20231019_152452_285.jpg

SNOW_20231019_153149_405.jpg

Edited by Hachiihoney
  • Like 11

Xiongmao

Well done - I really want a Marin but Volks have just decided to release a Frieren instead.

My Dressup Darling is a great show to watch with your dolls - it features a lot of dressing up plus there are dolls in it too!

We need to finish watching season 1, but we're currently trying to finish Toradora!

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Hachiihoney
On 10/20/2023 at 12:13 AM, Xiongmao said:

Well done - I really want a Marin but Volks have just decided to release a Frieren instead.

My Dressup Darling is a great show to watch with your dolls - it features a lot of dressing up plus there are dolls in it too!

We need to finish watching season 1, but we're currently trying to finish Toradora!

I wish they would release an official volks Marin doll too but Frieren is pretty darling from the photos! 

They had an azone release of her as well as a harmonica humming one~

I've finished season 1 and i'm just holding out for season 2 to watch with my girl when it's released 🤣

Snarecrazi
On 10/19/2023 at 11:00 AM, Hachiihoney said:

Been quietly working on looking for a suitable head, wig, skirt and accurate shoes for Marin, and finally happy with the outcome and vibe! Hoping I do her justice too.

Can't wait to take her out for photos someday, but this will do for now 🩷️ 

SNOW_20231019_152452_285.jpg

SNOW_20231019_153149_405.jpg

WOW SHES PERFECT 

• Like 1