Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Nika

Angelphilia Emma Head and MDD Body Hybrid

Nika

Hello all! I hope this is the right place to ask this. I've been a little frustrated with the AP body, and was thinking of possibly trying to hybrid an AP head with an MDD body. I've never made a hybrid before, so I was wondering if it was possible and how would it look? Would it look okay or funky? I know there might be some size differences which I'm concerned about. Would I need an adaptor for the head? 

chef_mai

It's a little trickier to put an Obitsu-style head on a Volks body. It's possible with some aftermarket tinkering. 

That aside, it'd probably look weird to put a small, mature head on an MDD body. Perhaps you could elaborate a bit on what you find frustrating, and we could point you in the right direction?

• Like 1

Nika

The hybrid would probably look a little odd. It's difficult to find clothes that fit AP in the aesthetic I'm looking for, and also the body is somewhat a little too big. It's a bit taller than the 1/4 sized dolls I'm used to. I guess I'm looking for something a bit smaller with a more universal size that doesn't look too odd with a more mature head. 

MrFjmg03

Angel philias with the small bust can fit regular MSD clothes or MDD clothes like tops, dresses, skirts pants would be a little bit small. I only have a Mochi Ashi girl and the AP head would look proportional to the body and it would look good if you try the larger bust for MDD. The neck part is a little bit tricky you definitely would need to modify either the MDD neck or the AP head to fit properly.

Here is a picture of my AP Elle girl wearing a MDD maid outfit.  :)

I cannot remove the neck peck of my Type J head to put it on the body (Also I’m to lazy to try LOL) but I will take a picture next to my Mochi Ashi girl so you can see the size different. I believe MDD body and Mochi Ashi are the same size :)

Edited by MrFjmg03
  • Like 2

MrFjmg03

This is my AP type J head next to my Mochi Ashi. But if you want a body that would fit regular MSD or MDD clothes and would fit the type J head without any modifications. I recommend the Obitsu bodies around 40cm to 45cm (AP are 47cm to 48cm). Those bodies are similar in high to MDD and they are the same manufacturer than AP. So the AP heads are compatible:)

Edited by MrFjmg03
  • Thanks 1

Nika

Thank you so much! I'll try to look at more MSD clothes and see if I can find the right length. The pictures really help to put into perspective of how it all looks, and the similarities and differences. I now get a better idea proportion wise how it would all come together.

I've tried swapping different parts of the body (Type H) to get a less thick torso and thighs but the parts don't fit too well. I'm glad to hear there's a possibility with a mochi-ashi body and obitsu bodies. I'll probably start with looking at obitsu bodies since I won't need to worry about adaptors. 

Thank you so much once again for your help and photos! I really appreciate it and now I've got a solid start!

• Like 1

MrFjmg03

In case you still want a body that will fit MDD, and MSD clothes better. Here is where you can buy an obitsu 45cm or 40cm. Those bodies are more affordable than MDD bodies and in my opinion better posers :)

link for parabox

Parabox (Obitsu)

Edited by MrFjmg03
  • Thanks 1

Nika

That is perfect! That's exactly what I'm looking for! Posing is definitely a deal breaker for me so obitsu wins this round for sure. I'm hoping this will help overcome my frustration and maybe one day I'll finally be able to deal with the AP body. 😅

Thank you! 😊

• Thanks 1

chef_mai

It'll still be tall, but I feel that the right choice would be to convert your Angel Philia to a regular Obitsu 48cm body. The regular Obitsu fits into most MDD/MSD clothing and all Azone clothing.

If budget's a concern, and if you're not planning to sell the body, it's a lot cheaper to buy a few parts (thighs, torso and a bust) vs a whole body. I have a spare set of exactly those three O48 parts if you're interested. You mentioned swapping some parts - do you recall what you swapped and to what?

I'm unsure about whether 40-45cm would look right because the proportions would be a little weird with the mature face. 40/45cm/MDD are proportioned like children, so even with the bigger bust, it will be an adult head with child's limbs. I mocked up what it'd look like off the Parabox 45cm body.

bbb.jpg.2063c837b37b8d62825fada9dccbca86.jpg

I've dug up one of my posts if you want to see how a regular Obitsu 48 compares to what you currently have. I slimmed my main girl down and haven't gone back.

Edited by chef_mai
  • Thanks 1

Nika

I tried swapping the thighs with the C and I believe F type. The C had gaps, which is fine by me, but the torso was a bit too wide. I tried switching the torso to C-type, but it didn't fit with the H bust.

I haven't thought of switching out for ob48 parts, and that does seem more financially efficient. I have the soft vinyl parts, but I assume that would be okay while also using regular parts? (It wouldn't really stretch or deform the vinyl?) 

I apologize for all the questions, I'm new to this. I'm assuming it'd be a good color match too?

I might be interested in the parts, I just am thinking about everything to make sure I make the best choice for what I'm going for.

Thanks for doing a mockup. I didn't realize just how different the head would look on the body. I'm definitely going to be looking at all my options. Thanks for the information!

chef_mai

The soft and regular parts are interchangeable (but, and a huge but, Angel Philia busts and lower torsos have larger openings than Obitsu parts, so it can look a little messy).

There's also some color variation from one being blushed and one not being blushed. It's not noticeable in clothes, but if the girl will be wearing anything cropped or swimsuits, it would bug me.

Based on the info you've given me, you can get a good fit with what you have doing H-bust, C-torso, C-legs. That's exactly the combo that Mai is on. When you said it didn't fit, was it the gapping that bugged you, or were you not able to get the bust on?

The F-type thighs will only fit into the F-type lower torso, and I think they're 50cm length, which is not what you want.

Edited by chef_mai
  • Thanks 1

Nika

I believe it might have been issues with the bust. I'll give it another try to see if I might have made an error or had a mixup of parts. Looking at your photos, it seems that combo works pretty well. I'm going to see if it might work for me. Blushing makes a big difference for me as some clothes might be cropped so I'll see if I can succeed this time. 

Thank you for your insight into this! I really want to make the AP body work, and it looks easier now. I'll try the different parts in the next few days and see how my efforts go.

Thank you so much! The guide and photos have also been very helpful! It clears a lot of my confusion with clothing too.

• Like 1

MrFjmg03
6 hours ago, Nika said:

I tried swapping the thighs with the C and I believe F type. The C had gaps, which is fine by me, but the torso was a bit too wide. I tried switching the torso to C-type, but it didn't fit with the H bust.

I haven't thought of switching out for ob48 parts, and that does seem more financially efficient. I have the soft vinyl parts, but I assume that would be okay while also using regular parts? (It wouldn't really stretch or deform the vinyl?) 

I apologize for all the questions, I'm new to this. I'm assuming it'd be a good color match too?

I might be interested in the parts, I just am thinking about everything to make sure I make the best choice for what I'm going for.

Thanks for doing a mockup. I didn't realize just how different the head would look on the body. I'm definitely going to be looking at all my options. Thanks for the information!

Actually I think Emma heads looks adorable in the mock up above. Emma head is not really that mature compare with other AP sculpts and it always remind me of a regular resin head. Obitsu used 8-9 or 7-8 wig size heads with ther 40-45cm bodies so I honestly don’t see why Emma head would look not proportionated with that size body. Also if you are familiar with resin bjd most resin MSD size dolls use head with wigs 7-8, and AP heads are 6-7.

Also 48cm body still to big to fit MDD clothes or MSD clothes I know because I had several Obitsu bodies in that size in the past, and they wear regular DD size clothes :)

If you decided to go with an obitsu bigger body I recommend to buy the 47cm outer parts. I have used the 48cm Obitsu frame in AP outer parts and the legs skeleton frame was to long so I had to modify it by cutting it. If you buy shin or leg parts for 48cm those might be to large for the AP frame :)

obitsu whitey is similar to AP whitey :)

But remember at the end of the day is your doll and you should do what makes you happy or more comfortable, if you want to put a “mature” head in a non mature body do it. Just do what feels right for you :)

Edited by MrFjmg03
  • Thanks 1

Nika

@MrFjmg03

Thank you for the recommendations! I'll look at those! I'm planning on ordering the parabox body you linked and maybe trying that to see how it looks (i'm really curious and excited). It would be nice to be able to be comfortable with sizing with clothes. If that does not work, I can always shell a new character and look at the next bodies. Thank you for all the comparisons and information so much! I've learned a lot and understand how things fit and how they work. I can't wait to put her together and see all the pretty outfits I have on her! With a parabox body I feel like some new doors will open. I plan to maybe alternate bodies with the head depending on what fits, and that'll fix my problems hopefully. Your Elle is so adorable, and I hope my gal can be as cute!

@chef_mai

Thank you for all your help and mock ups! I tried the C parts once more and it worked! I think I must've used a different bust or something, because it fits nicely now. I tried on one outfit I had for her and it fit beautifully! I am so happy to finally see her dressed properly! I have a lot of experimenting to do to see what clothes will fit her and be within the aesthetic but the biggest hurdle is basically tackled. 

Thank you both for being so helpful! I feel so joyous now that I have so many more opportunities, and don't feel frustrated anymore! 

• Like 2