Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Shin Sato (Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls)

Monty

Apart from Ciel the other new doll for April Dolpa is Shin Sato.

I am not super familiar with this character so I can’t really give much opinion about how well she is captured, but I do have to say this is one of the CUTEST outfits I have ever seen on a DD.

• Like 4

finnleo

At first glance Shin is a bit of weird choise.

So far the general election has been a common nominator for cinderella girls models apart from the anime main trio but the highest Shin has made  it is #8 overall and #3 in the pasdion group.

Her background story seems interesting and seems to be a bit darker in tone. Also aged 26. Also amusing if she calls Nana Abe Paisen as a jab.

Cant recall was she cast in the new anime series and checking is awkward since at work at the moment.

But there went my theory of a election win Mio re-release

Roxanne

I love her so much. One of my favourite things is droopy eyes and hers are so perfect 🥺
Also super in love with her outfit. So cute!

My instagram! 

ParacosmDoll

Edited by ParacosmDoll

finnleo
1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

droopy eyes

One thing worthy of note is that they seem to have done the eyeliner trick, so the paint outlines are further outwards than the actual eye holes.

Which is a bit weird for a first release. Then again these revisions by paint seem to be happening more.

The outfit seems to be named "Heart to heart" ... (what a 80's TV show flashback...)

also the Im@s wiki page for her.

Her back story seems to be a polar opposite of Kaede Takagaki, Shin being a bit of a tryhard while Kaede goes with the flow.

Geck_O

Do you think she has the same head sculpt as Kizuna Ai? They look quite similar.

• Like 1

finnleo

Similar, but probably its going to be titled as a Shin Sato original head.

But there has been a series of dolls with similar features, Arle, Ai, Freya, and there is a similarity in the faceups as well. the white highlights especially.

did a five minute gimp-job tucking in the eyeliners to where I think the eye-holes are for funzies. (I could be wrong about this, but based on that twitter image there is a fairly distinct line):

52738081102_fa09fb7029_z.jpg

you would not be blaimed for thinking it was Ai's head. but we shall see eventually, what the running head number is etc.

Edit:

as an after thought Millhiore is fairly close also:

38126353726_16fdd7cc27_c.jpg

Edited by finnleo
  • Like 1

toughstermcg

To those who can read Japanese: what does this logo say? I don't believe it's something I've seen before.

spacer.png

finnleo
26 minutes ago, toughstermcg said:

what does this logo say?

Just the character name in kanji, 佐藤心 Sato Shin

• Thanks 1

littlebirdzoom

I am so over the moon with this release I almost cried this morning over her. I've been waiting for them to do another real imas release for a minute, especially someone I care about, but I never expected them to make one of my all time favorites. I adore Shin so much she's a second favorite of mine, and they picked her best outfit. I sincerely hope she's not difficult to get a hold of but I'll do anything to bring her home. I have been really disenchanted with DD for a while now, but damn this is huge

Edited by littlebirdzoom
  • Like 2

Waiting for eternity for Volks to release more Idolm@ster girls.

BeyondTime
17 minutes ago, littlebirdzoom said:

I've been waiting for them to do another real imas release for a minute

I'm glad for a CG release, and one that isn't a CG winner too, but the lack of 765 Pro release is killing me. Azusa, Hibiki, and Ritsuko need releases. The twins I'm meh on, but the missing girls trigger the completionist in me. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

littlebirdzoom
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

I'm glad for a CG release, and one that isn't a CG winner too, but the lack of 765 Pro release is killing me. Azusa, Hibiki, and Ritsuko need releases. The twins I'm meh on, but the missing girls trigger the completionist in me. 

I still can't believe they haven't made Hibiki, Azusa and Ritsuko. They practically slapped together all the Sailor Moon dolls, but they can't finish 765 OG 

Waiting for eternity for Volks to release more Idolm@ster girls.

cluffy

her face looks so sweet, i think it does justice to her sugar heart persona haha

i am kind of sad though that all the cinderella girls outfits so far have been based on their in-game ssr1 cards, though... both the art and costume design in deresute has come a long way since the first ssrs from 2015!! although for shin you can't really go bad with any of her outfits really.. and if they release a secondary outfit based on her unidolized r card costume like they've done for the others so far, it'll probably be really cute too! @onion26@

BeyondTime
50 minutes ago, littlebirdzoom said:

I still can't believe they haven't made Hibiki, Azusa and Ritsuko. They practically slapped together all the Sailor Moon dolls, but they can't finish 765 OG 

I'm guessing it's the loss of the unitorso that prevents the remaining Pink Diamond releases. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

CocosContestHall

Awwww! She's so cute! But I already have Uzuki... my wallet seriously can't handle this. Maybe I'll consider cosplaying as Shin.

Anyway, congrats to Volks for summoning Sugar Heart into the 3rd dimension! if they ever make a DD Riamu, you know my wallet will be in pretty deep trouble.

Edited by CocosContestHall
  • Like 1

finnleo
23 minutes ago, CocosContestHall said:

if they ever make a DD Riamu

Riamu would be all sorts of pastel colored fun (and just based on fanart I've sort of wished for a release). Although I think she's probably still a bit too much of a edge case (The pill-capsule earrings are a bit of a thing), despite Shin's do anything it takes attitude breaking the volks proper and prim mold a bit, also a bit a of a sad read about Riamu's voice actress at the moment.

• Like 1

PolitelyNefarious

Wow is she cute. Her cheeks aren't quite puffy enough to be Kizuna, and her upper lip doesn't seem as pronounced, but front-on photos can be deceiving. She's definitely a sister sculpt to the others. I'm still content with my future Kizuna, but for those who missed out on her, Uzuki, and Millhiore, or aren't keen on Freya, here's another chance, and her fullset is gorgeous.  (Seriously, where do I sign up to buy just the clothes, wig, and eyes?!)

It's ironic; I used to criticize Volks for its 'same face syndrome' in my early years, and I still have a smallish wishlist for that reason. But when I finally knuckle down and buy a fullset Dollfie... she's part of a 'family'. 😆 And I now see the clear advantage to similar sculpts. Popular Dollfies can skyrocket on the secondhand market; if you missed your chance on a certain girl, a similar girl may work just as well.  Kizuna is my favorite of these, but I can't deny that Uzuki and Freya still catch my attention. I look forward to seeing future Shin owners' photos on the forum. She's a precious addition.

• Like 3

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg

MagicalRinchan

I wish I had all the shelf space and money in the world, she's my favorite Passion girl and her droopy face is killing me with how cute it is-!! I wonder if any alternate outfits will be made, her SSR2 is a favorite of mine with her hair down.

SUGAAAAR HEART!!!

• Like 1

finnleo

The spec-sheet is a bit interesting since its dropped all mention of the character.

As in just "Original Head", instead of "Shin Sato Original head" like the rest of the releases, that Yor still had for instance.

the added pictures seem to confirm my suspicion about the eyes, and im a bit dissapointed about that. especially when they went absolutely berserk with the itty bitty details of the outfit, for which I sort of do get the price since there's details, ruffles and layers of stuff everywhere.

Mikuhime

I love the outfit so much @onion8@

I wish they'd sell it separately :')

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Mikuhime said:

I love the outfit so much @onion8@

I wish they'd sell it separately :')

Odd are there will be people who only want the doll, so once she's out you should be able to find the outfit on Yahoo! Japan Auctions. 

Oculae

I'm in the opposite boat - I'm thinking of going for her just to make a custom Milhiore. Her sculpt looks almost like an updated version of Milhi if you ask me!

s737619424575262359_p867_i12_w480.jpg.cbc1c0b781e9e25dfbca922349c09514.jpg

I haven't fully decided yet, though, or I'd throw a split request up on the forums. 😅

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

Paprika

I think her sculpt is extremely cute, and her outfit is to die for! Every time I look at it, I see something new. Volks honestly outdid themselves with her design. I’m still 50/50 on if she’s coming home, but I love her.

luckyk

I don't follow Idolmaster so I don't know her either, but she is absolutely gorgeous.