Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Xiongmao

Erica Fontaine - Saintly Dollfie Dream

Xiongmao

DD Erica Fontaine (Sakura Wars) has arrived!

Her arrival was very fraught. Fedex delayed her for 2 days and I was beginning to think she'd been impounded on account of her gun, or being a sexy nun, or both.

Erica was kind of an impulse buy. In a recent forum Zoom Meeting someone shared a link to all of the character models Volks have ever released. I remember seeing her and another one and immediately putting them both on my want list (the other is Yaya).

The next day I was browsing the new YJA arrivals and Erica popped up on the first page. I wasn't too sure how uncommon she was, so I bought her (for a pretty decent price).

She's in very fine condition considering she's (I think) my oldest DD. She's the only one I have that comes in the old style yellow boxes with round cutouts. Her fullset and wig were unused. She has a small weird dent in one leg but that may have just been a manufacturing fault.

She definitely has that older DD look. Comparing her with more recent Kizuna, the latter has much smoother eyes.

spacer.png

I'm pretty sure she's the only DD to come with a set of maracas. And they really do rattle. That's a really nice touch.

Her outfit is a big red flag (literally) for staining but I've put her in a long sleeved swimsuit I bought for Towa a long time ago. She has a white petticoat so I'm not worried about her legs, and the boots are white lined. I don't think she'll wear anything other than her default set.

spacer.png

She's not the only DD to come with a gun. What's cool about hers is that there are bible incriptions along the side of the gun itself and the magazines. Sadly the gun inscription is really difficult to read.

spacer.png

All in all a really good addition to our household, although Towa is dreading this kind of incident happening...

• Like 3

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

DeadlyNova

She's super cute! I'm not familiar with this character, but her outfit is awesome!

• Like 1

Anna-neko

yaaay, its the bestest nun novice!!
Her dress hasn't stained in my experience ... instead the lining around the arms started shredding (most likely due to age? i hope....) Her ammo fitting into her waist pouches is one of the cutest details Volks ever done!

• Like 1

BeyondTime

She is cute for sure. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Xiongmao
9 hours ago, Anna-neko said:

yaaay, its the bestest nun novice!!
Her dress hasn't stained in my experience ... instead the lining around the arms started shredding (most likely due to age? i hope....) Her ammo fitting into her waist pouches is one of the cutest details Volks ever done!

Thanks - I'll look out for that. I did wonder about that dress's satin material. I guess it might age better than the clips of her on Youtube.

I didn't realise her ammo could be stored in those pouches - it is a nice touch.

Her wig is really awesome too, although it was looking perfect then some static charge hit her and it all went haywire 😭.

12 hours ago, DeadlyNova said:

She's super cute! I'm not familiar with this character, but her outfit is awesome!

Thanks - she's quite an old girl now but at least she's still available at non-grail prices. I think she's mainly from a computer game, although there do appear to be some anime and maybe a movie too. They're proving difficult to find but they might be available on Crunchyroll.

Her backstory is she's a trainee nun at a convent in Paris but also has a job as a cabaret dancer. I guess that comes from an interesting Japanese world view of French culture 😁. She's also quite clumsy.

• Like 2

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

Anna-neko
11 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

Thanks - she's quite an old girl now but at least she's still available at non-grail prices. I think she's mainly from a computer game, although there do appear to be some anime and maybe a movie too. They're proving difficult to find but they might be available on Crunchyroll.

Her backstory is she's a trainee nun at a convent in Paris but also has a job as a cabaret dancer. I guess that comes from an interesting Japanese world view of French culture 😁. She's also quite clumsy.

she is from Sakura Wars 3! the brand-new Flower Troupe set up in Paris (the OG girls from Tokyo come visit for one episode)
SakuraWars itself is basically what if 1920s was alterna-history steampunk! While the famous Takarazuka Theater was also running a night-time demon fighting operation with their girls piloting mechas

anyways, Erica is from a SEGA Dreamcast game (sorry Japan only. US got Wii/PS2 release of game 5), they also made a couple SW3 OAVs (which serve as sorta prequels, these did get released in the USA) the original SakuraWars game 1 was adapted as Sakura Wars TV series which u can absolutely find dvd/bluray of. "shin"Sakura Wars is a shiny new game with a whole new team, in new decade! for PS4!  (i just really freakin luv this franchise)

and while am over here completely derailing this thread, lemme give ya the BEST tiny lil fact - if u have the Dreamcast game 2 or 3, and place it into a CD PLAYER a cool thing happens! Track 1 is the game itself, so it will skip as garbage. Track 2, however, will have the star of the game telling you that yeah hi, this isn't an audio CD but a game, plz place into Dreamcast to play!  SW3 is multiple disks, and each disk has a different variant of this mesg, as silly lil skits between the different members of the team

ok back to dolls! sadly the battle uniforms have deteriorated too far to be of use.... we can only gaze upon them from years past
52750754555_caa7fb8ced_c.jpg

Edited by Anna-neko
  • Like 1

RetroKanojo

Have to agree that she really looks quite lovely! There's something very gentle about her expression, although I guess that doesn't mean she won't be causing any trouble, haha.

What sold me are the maracas! That's just awesome!

• Like 2

Xiongmao

Thanks both - I feel she's really becoming a forgotten Dollfie but maybe the public will surprise us and vote for her to be rebooted.

I am already really fond of Erica. She's sat on the shelf on the hallway above SD Mytyl. She's clutching her gun because somebody else made off with her maracas 😂.

It's a shame her other outfit is unlikely to be a good buy now. Maybe I'll see if I can find her some sort of Steampunk outfit that would suit her character. I've seen some great MDD stuff in this theme.

• Like 1