Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

mitsuki

Who is on your want list?

Thespian

My wishlist is fairly small, though it ebbs and flows with my personal taste a lot.

-Sasara, the very first DD I ever saw and absolutely fell for

-Saber Extra

-Alice Kuonji would be lovely, though she's not one I've ever been obsessed with

-Towa. I want to make a custom Sonico from her so badly!

Kiyomi DDS DDH-06 🧡 Miyuki DDS DDH-06 🧡 Shiori DDS Mariko Summer Festival 🧡 Kanade DDDy DDH-07 🧡 Honoka DD DDH-09

Any pronouns are fine

MichelleAK

My current want list just has Kirito on it. I just didn't try the last two releases because I couldn't justify the price when I don't want the outfit, just the doll and the wig. I may change my mind if he's released again, though!

Poofiemus

Right now, I mostly want an MDD body so Abby and my WIP girl Asphodel can coexist, lol. 

I'm perennially tempted by Marisa Kirisame, though. She's got such a playful face, very different from any of my other plastic midgets. 

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Jezrah

I cleared out my actual wish list, but there are a couple of vague wants floating around. I want a DDS Boy, and he will be fashionable and colorful. I don't yet have a boy like that. I have been tempted before by Len Kagamine, because he's one of two DDS Boys so far, but also because I do like his sculpt. I never went for him, though, because I absolutely don't want or need all his fullset stuff, so I don't really want to pay for them. Also, I would need to redo his faceup to get rid of his yellow eye shadow, since it's too specific. 

I also think that if I ever went to Japan and bought a Dream Choice doll, I would want to get a tan DD boy. Head is yet undecided since I don't have any travel plans right now.

There are some others out there that I wouldn't turn down under the right circumstances, like Alice Kuonji, but I'm not actively pursuing. I do already have a Sakuno and a Lucy, so although Alice's eye shape is different she is still along the same lines sculpt wise. I also am one that thinks that Arle is one of the cutest MDD releases to date, and I will enter for her VolksUSA lottery, but if I don't win her then that's that.

Mostly I am just watching for new releases that I like. Not that I really need any more dolly family members, so my wallet at least is happy when no one calls me.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Tira

The main thing on my list is the ability to do Dream Choice so I can make my own custom Astolfo.  (Though I wouldn't be surprised if Volks released an official version of him.)  He's such a cutie, and he'd be lots of fun as a DD; he'd definitely be more willing to wear most of the Volks outfits than my current girls are.

Conuresans

Right now... My post from a couple months back on another thread did not age well at all.

Currently my top priority would be acquiring a 2B as I'm smitten with her sculpt and overall outfit despite not having played Nier. Following her would be Luka, Nero and probably Miki as I've adored their characters for a while and can't get enough of their faces. After those 4, it's more just "Oh that'd be lovely to have" with Kirika, Miku and Asuna. Basic sculpt wise, a DDP/MDD would be lovely to add on but... space. 🤧 Maybe also a tan girl but a second 09 is a concept I'm not ready for yet loool Is this the order it's gonna happen in? No. Probably not.

And on the note of MDDs, I would've loved to enter for Arle but alas, it just didn't line up this time around. Maybe if she comes up on aftermarket in a better time later, but for right now I'm not completely devastated to be skipping. 

Home: Melt (DDH-09), Kano (Iris Collect), Kirika, Y'Shtola, Suzune (Iris Collect Petite)

cfx

I just want a subset of the iDOLM@STER DDs, which I'm working on: Takane Shijou, Miki Hoshii, Chihaya Kisaragi, Ranko Kanzaki, Rin Shibuya, and Makoto Kikuchi.

There are a few other DDs I really like: Alisa v2, Rin Tohsaka v2, Asuna v1, and Yaya. But that's too many dolls for me; the iM@S set with what else I have will be nine girls, which is already more than I wanted to have. I know if I have too many it will just feel overwhelming and I won't pay enough attention to each one.

As can be seen from that list, Volks hasn't made a new doll in quite some time I really like, so I'm fairly confident they won't be coming out with much, if anything, in the future that I'll have to have so hopefully I can stick with the nine. I mostly prefer the more mature-looking dolls which has always been a smaller subset of releases, and recent sculpts have tended to have certain design trends that don't appeal to me.

• Like 1

nettle_tea

Beatrice, because I absolutely love her character... just not enough to pay aftermarket price for, so owning her is very much a "pie in the sky" dream. She's probably the only doll I would jump for without hesitation if she got a rerelease.

9S, because I love NieR and I have 2B ordered; it seems kind of wrong to have one without the other.

Nia would be lovely to have because she is the first DD I saw, years ago, that drew me to DD's in the first place. I am very hesitant about purchasing a secondhand Nia though because of issues with yellowing.

Ram, because she's adorable and I do like Re:Zero. I didn't enter her lottery because I was banking on Arle getting a rerelease this year... and considering I managed to snag Arle in the clickwar, I guess it's a gamble I won. But part of me still pines for this cutie.

Kagamine Rin, because her face is just so darn cute I can't handle it aaaa

Luka, Melty, Miki... I have no attachment to these characters but their sculpts are so darn cute so I guess these girls are all just "would be nice to have" wishes.

Oh! And out of the standard releases, I'd love to have a Towa and a DDH15!

Subaru

I'm supposed to be on a DollDiet® but there are still some girls I want. (They're in order of how much I want them I guess)

-Prisma Illya

-Illya (Original Flavor)

-Cirno

-Chihaya

-Makoto

-Kagamine Rin

-Emilia

-Rin Tohsaka

-Shibuya Rin

-Saber Lily (me and everyone else)

Technically, I am fine with any doll if it's the right price or needs some TLC. I'm a huge sucker..... 

My wallet needs a vacation 💸
spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy

Thespian
On 1/30/2020 at 4:20 PM, fishbuttz said:

My wishlist is fairly small, though it ebbs and flows with my personal taste a lot.

-Sasara, the very first DD I ever saw and absolutely fell for

-Saber Extra

-Alice Kuonji would be lovely, though she's not one I've ever been obsessed with

-Towa. I want to make a custom Sonico from her so badly!

So it's only been 2 weeks, but I need to make an addendum to this list.

-Ram, I want Ram so badly even though she's pretty rare and way out of my price range at the moment.

-Rem, only under the stipulation that I can acquire Ram (I like Ram more, but I hate separating familial set characters)

-DDH06. I want to make a custom P5 Futaba Sakura

Kiyomi DDS DDH-06 🧡 Miyuki DDS DDH-06 🧡 Shiori DDS Mariko Summer Festival 🧡 Kanade DDDy DDH-07 🧡 Honoka DD DDH-09

Any pronouns are fine

Singer Yuna
On 2/12/2020 at 2:36 AM, Subaru said:

I'm supposed to be on a DollDiet® but there are still

Oh my, the dolldiet xDDD you made my day

My list with my holy grail’s is full so maybe I shouldn’t be posting here, but my future wants are a Sailor Venus and I would like Sega to give their persona 5 license for a Futaba Sakura too.

I really want a DD Choice on one point of my life, and a male too. And I had to choose if 2B or arle and the lady droid won. And Cirno always seemed cute. A fullset Neris would be good too as she was the first DD I touched. Or a standard Karin. Or a coloured dollfie icon Mint.

I wouldn’t mind to have these sculpts at a good price: Jeanne, Rem, Haruka from photokano, Marisa, Nia and Yayoi... Ryomou head has the potential of a latent holy grail but low, and first I would need to buy a bunch of bodies for the floating heads’ army...

Sigh, this hobby is horribly addictive, even with my grails at home I want more.

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

AwkwardMango

My want list is ever growing haha.... I'll list the ones I reaally want.

Sasara (I really like her sculpt >.<)

Most of the vocaloid dolls ^^;

2B can't have one without the the other ^^;

DDH11

DDS Karin

tan dollfie dream 

I can only hope my want list doesn't continue to grow....😅

lardroom

The only one on my list is Fate Testarossa if she comes with her TSAB work dress outfit. If I just focus on the head, wig, and outfit it might be doable.

A close runner-up is Sheryl Nome but only if she comes with her blue admiral outfit.

whisski

Currently my want list is:

Yoko Littner (Gurren Lagann)

Rise Kujikawa (Persona 4)

Sailor Moon (or Mercury or Mars)

And Momo (Xenosaga)

• Like 1

shinkei

Since I'm fairly new to vinyls, I only have 2 on my wish list. :) I'd love to add a Saber Alter and a 9S to my collection someday. <3

Selenae

I'm not in a position to buy dolls right now, but my must-haves are:

DDH-17 (Flesh/MDD)

DDH-18 (SWS/DDP)

DDH-14 (Tan/DDS)

Chihaya
On 2/1/2020 at 7:39 AM, cfx said:

I just want a subset of the iDOLM@STER DDs, which I'm working on: Takane Shijou, Miki Hoshii, Chihaya Kisaragi, Ranko Kanzaki, Rin Shibuya, and Makoto Kikuchi.

There are a few other DDs I really like: Alisa v2, Rin Tohsaka v2, Asuna v1, and Yaya. But that's too many dolls for me; the iM@S set with what else I have will be nine girls, which is already more than I wanted to have. I know if I have too many it will just feel overwhelming and I won't pay enough attention to each one.

As can be seen from that list, Volks hasn't made a new doll in quite some time I really like, so I'm fairly confident they won't be coming out with much, if anything, in the future that I'll have to have so hopefully I can stick with the nine. I mostly prefer the more mature-looking dolls which has always been a smaller subset of releases, and recent sculpts have tended to have certain design trends that don't appeal to me.

The more recent dolls have lost their edge I feel. I'm sure a lot of it could just be design trends. To me it feels like they stopped targeting the otaku demographic and went for a more widespread approach.

The dolls such as early idolmaster releases like Miki and Chihaya, Yuki Morikawa, Saber, Sakuya, Alice, and others all embody the original design philosophy of dollfie dream being the perfect cross between a figure and a doll. A very strong emphasis on an attractive feminine face that match the character.

Releases like the re zero girls, 2b, late idolmaster like iori and yayoi, all the sailor moon girls, these all have chubby moe faces that just don't draw me the way volk's releases used to. In the case of 2B throw out everything that makes a DD a DD and that is a doll that should have targeted otaku.

waiting for a new doll announcement from volks used to be incredible but these days it's an emotionless experience for me because there's just been nothing...

I too will probably be picking up only older releases though I can still see them releasing Miki hoshii or Yuki morikawa through the best selection.

Edited by Alienshroom
  • Like 2

Dollfie Dreamer, Minion of GEOTUS, idolm@ster

Nekozoe

I love these all so much for their character/aesthetic. I would love to someday get them:

DD Sasara/ I love everything about this Dollfie. She’s gotten so expensive in the aftermarket. I recently saw her go for around $500 and I was so sad ;-;.

DD Emilia

DD 9S
DD Melty
DD Airi

MDD Maria

DD Rise

DD Matoi

Edited by Nekozoe

cfx
3 minutes ago, Nekozoe said:

DD Sasara/ I love everything about this Dollfie. She’s gotten so expensive in the aftermarket. I recently saw her go for around $500 and I was so sad ;-;.

Full doll Sasara for $500? Even just the head is typically way more than that.

I've seen Matoi for under original price on Yahoo Japan lately, and Melty and Airi (if you mean the Shining Hearts girl) are both around 80,000 yen aftermarket unused, at Mandarake, so those aren't bad.

• Like 1

Nekozoe
On 3/26/2020 at 11:58 AM, Alienshroom said:

The more recent dolls have lost their edge I feel. I'm sure a lot of it could just be design trends. To me it feels like they stopped targeting the otaku demographic and went for a more widespread approach.

The dolls such as early idolmaster releases like Miki and Chihaya, Yuki Morikawa, Saber, Sakuya, Alice, and others all embody the original design philosophy of dollfie dream being the perfect cross between a figure and a doll. A very strong emphasis on an attractive feminine face that match the character.

Releases like the re zero girls, 2b, late idolmaster like iori and yayoi, all the sailor moon girls, these all have chubby moe faces that just don't draw me the way volk's releases used to. In the case of 2B throw out everything that makes a DD a DD and that is a doll that should have targeted otaku.

waiting for a new doll announcement from volks used to be incredible but these days it's an emotionless experience for me because there's just been nothing...

I too will probably be picking up only older releases though I can still see them releasing Miki hoshii or Yuki morikawa through the best selection.

I do agree some recent designs like the Idolmaster and Sailor Moon ones have thrown me off, but I still feel they did a good job representing the characters. The only thing I don’t think I liked was Sailor Moon and Kaede Takagaki’s overall face.

(I do wish there were more face designs like Sasara and Beatrice! Those are very pretty.)

2B is a unique design because the game has semi-realistic faces and I’m not sure a normal DD face would suit her. I feel she looks wonderful for a Dollfie and I love how different she is. As a 2B/Dollfie Dream fan, I’m pretty satisfied with her design.

As for 2B not being targeted towards “otakus”, I feel 2B can still be liked by anime lovers and DD lovers alike! :) She still has an anime-like vibe while still looking like her character.

Nekozoe
8 minutes ago, cfx said:

Full doll Sasara for $500? Even just the head is typically way more than that.

I've seen Matoi for under original price on Yahoo Japan lately, and Melty and Airi (if you mean the Shining Hearts girl) are both around 80,000 yen aftermarket unused, at Mandarake, so those aren't bad.

I know right! I was looking through items on Mercari and she was already sold. It was the original gothic version as well! It’s a great price ;v;.

BeyondTime
34 minutes ago, Nekozoe said:

As for 2B not being targeted towards “otakus”, I feel 2B can still be liked by anime lovers and DD lovers alike! :) She still has an anime-like vibe while still looking like her character.

There was a huge debate over 2Bs design in the Nier thread, and a few people rage quit over it.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Nekozoe
4 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

There was a huge debate over 2Bs design in the Nier thread, and a few people rage quit over it.

Woah really?! That’s an extreme response :( . I think it’s lovely.

BeyondTime
56 minutes ago, Nekozoe said:

Woah really?! That’s an extreme response :( . I think it’s lovely.

I think most folks liked the idea of Vinyl sculpts that were a bit more like SD sculpts, and I am not sure why anyone would want a $650 doll of a game character to look really different than the character.

• Like 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction