Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

mitsuki

Who is on your want list?

cfx
3 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I am not sure why anyone would want a $650 doll of a game character to look really different than the character.

I hope I'm not reopening that debate, but that's exactly it for me; I don't think the doll looks like the character at all; instead she looks like a typical SD cosplaying 2B. A really "anime" version wouldn't be right either, but I don't see how a doll that's a mature sculpt like Takane or KOS-MOS would be any more removed from the game art than what we got with the very SD-specific design cues is, and personally I think would've been closer, and what I'd have expected for a doll being sold as a Dollfie Dream.

lardroom
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

There was a huge debate over 2Bs design in the Nier thread, and a few people rage quit over it.

1 hour ago, Nekozoe said:

Woah really?! That’s an extreme response :( . I think it’s lovely.

This is the first I'm hearing of this. I think she's gorgeous.

DDs never look completely show or game accurate to me. They're close, but not completely accurate. I think that's a different charm about dolls - they are an expression of the sculptor and how that sculptor interprets that character as a delicate doll.

Anyway, to contribute more to this thread...I want another 2B, just so I can turn her into A2 with a medium bust mod.

• Like 2

Cauldroness

I'm still waiting for my 2B... and I'm already wishing I had ordered a second! (My wallet is so glad that I did not, though). She's the first girl in a long time who's really excited me. (The last DD I purchased was Kirito in 2017, and before that Alisa in 2015 -- all of my other dolls are way, way older releases. I mean, technically, I got an Arle this year but only because I entered the lotto for a friend and we both won... maybe I could trade Arle for a second 2B! Oooh that's an idea.)

• Like 3

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

KingyoNingyo

Aoko Aozaki and Nia Teppelin. They're gorgeous!

Chihaya
21 hours ago, cfx said:

I hope I'm not reopening that debate, but that's exactly it for me; I don't think the doll looks like the character at all; instead she looks like a typical SD cosplaying 2B.

Its not a debate though she is literally a SD head on a DD. I think the community split was more in regards to the fact they put a typical SD head on a DD body and some people thought it was innovative while some were disappointed the attempt was never even made for a traditional DD look. That is my personal and speculative take on the fuss. They have been offering very similar SD heads to the one used for 2B for a long time. DD is still the new comer by comparison, and I think she would have looked better done in the traditional DD style even if it was more of a challenge. I feel they actually did not try that hard, while others perhaps felt it was really refreshing. Did it need a refresh? Depends who you ask.

Its also possible both think the doll is very cute and perfectly fine while admitting it looks more like a SD than a DD. What make a DD to me is in the face, not the size of the wig cap, body, or anything else in that regard.

Everyone has their opinion but one thing is obvious, the YJA DDH custom market is absolutely dominated by the anime designs. I dont see a great deal of customs on there trying to break the DD mold and cross into something like a miniature SD like 2B did, but maybe Volks just wanted to show off a head only they could do or that had more of their own stamp since Smart Doll and YJA customs are kinda encroaching upon the anime designs they used to be the sole provider of. Also no the open mouth's, crying faces, or other things never seen in volks default faceups dont break the DD mold. They just look like more involved expressions the dolls could legitimately have. I know the blank DDH dont lend a very large amount of help for an aspiring SD head style creator, but we have seen how far these artists go. There is nothing they cant do and some do indeed go there. Its just not a big part of "DD"

• Like 2

Dollfie Dreamer, Minion of GEOTUS, idolm@ster

Cauldroness

Ugh I have never been so tired of a debate than I am of this one. 🥱

I do have a non-DD on my want list, an Obitsu Manatsu, but she seems to rare it'll likely take me a year or more to find one, like it did with Rosalie. Guess great things are worth the wait!

• Like 1

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

BeyondTime
4 hours ago, Alienshroom said:

I feel they actually did not try that hard

Yet, of all the DDDy they have made 2B is the one I would think about getting if she shows up in a future Volks USA event.

To be honest I like Kanu too, but a one of a kind tan body that there are no parts for pretty much rules her out for me.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

MegWesley

My want list is fairly simple. I have a top three that I would love.

1. Luka

2. Rin

3. DD Mirai

I have been thinking about getting two MSDs because they are so cute! I have no idea who I should want, but I do like the DD01 twins I see on Instagram. Though the Dollfie Dream Pretty girls are awfully tempting!

Home: Hatsune Miku ♡

Devonian

I'm kind of sweet on Karin and will likely cave and grab her at some point. Really looking forward to getting my hands on the new MDD body, I adore it.

geminirose

I think DD Mirai has a very cute face. I'd also like an MDD, but I'll probably hold out until the mochi-ashi bodies become a standard option. 

Secrets

I'd love a tan DDH-09, also a DDdy (probably with a modded bust though) and always want more boys. Also Rise Kujikwawa, though that's quite a lot of money. (Though, non-DD related, still want an SMD Crimson Cinnamon.) Most of the dolls I want seem to be rare, or rare-ish. 😅 Hoping to one day go to Japan and actually do Dream Choice myself though! We'll see when that happens, but it'd be fun to do.

HazelMaze

I'm very lucky my wish list is quite small. Dollfie dream Karin( one day T_T) and a DDH-19 tan Mochi-Ashi with elf ears( I'm so close to caving and getting a proxy, you have no idea lol) . My 'want' list is bigger, and these ones aren't a priority at all. DD Candy, Ranka Lee, and Erica Fontaine. Even if I can get their heads for a good price I'm sold. If we include any /other/ vinyl dolls- I do want a cocoa girl from Danny Choo pretty bad, as well as a smart doll boy body( otherwise my custom boy will be a floating head forever). And an iris collect petite( if they ever release anything that punches me in the 'gotta have it" gut)

Oliver

My wishlist:

DDS Karin, DDH-06, DDH-11, MDD f3 body and an MDD Mochi-ashi body.

Im very much new to the DD hobby so i bet there will be more in the future!

lucidium

Oh man, I want a tan mochi ashi elf so bad. I just hope EMS starts shipping to the US again cus I'm not willing to shell out $300 for DHL...

• Like 1

Pinkcarrotto

I currently want DDS M.O.M.O. in this year. I'm also want to have DDdy Sasara and Mio Akiyama some day.

moerunamida

My current wants are either Clover or Serra DD Icon. I just want to win one of them.

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

Rumi

I would love to own Rise Kujikawa and Sasara. I already own Yuki who is my grail <3 I think my priority now is Rise and then Sasara or MAYBE Cirno/Rina Ogata. These are the only girls ive had in mind after Yuki but definitely Rise for now until i get the money to waste on the others lol!

Edited by Rumi

Corgi

Ddh21 on DDP tan skin body with elf ears! I hope to build her in Japan 2 years from now or whenever travel is safe again. I'm also tempted to go the proxy route when shipping is back to normal.

Maybe also a DD icon as well.

Crimsonhope

Ugh at this point Dollfie Icon Lilac is at the top of my want list. I'm dreaming of her. Literally!

Victoria

I'd love to find a DD Beatrice full set one day as I'm still missing the little girl I gave away many years ago. ;-; I have won her myself but thought I couldn't bond with her back then.

One of my other top priorities are Yuki Morikawa as well as Ranko v2.

All Sailor scouts, Arle v2, Saber Nero, Sasara v1 (I love how different her eyes look like, I think I'd be happy just with the eyes, too), Sakura Shinguji  and 2B (for re-makeup) would also be nice. One day... ;-;

Edited by Victoria

April

My grail is Asuna Titania Ver. I was so gutted she was for sale on Volks USA and they don't ship international 😭

I also really like Karin and I think she will be my next DD unless I happen upon an Asuna. I'm constantly stalking mandarake 😂

blossom

My wishlist is getting bigger lately than i’d imagine but basically i would love to get :

- Sakura Miku 

- Megurine Luka

- Sailor Moon or Sailor Venus

- im@s Yayoi

- MDD Arle

- MDD tan (maybe on the mochi ashi body)

honestly the last 3 are the ones i’ll most probably end up getting while the first 3/4 are really just dream dolls but i love them 🙈

𝕓𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕕𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕖𝕤 ꒰ 𝒾𝒸𝒽𝒾𝑔𝑜 𝕄𝔻𝔻 ༘♡༉ ꒱

𝕨𝕒𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕗𝕠𝕣   ꒰ 𝒜𝓇𝓊𝓇𝓊 𝔻𝔻ℙ ꒱

*(*ˊᵕˋ)* ₊˚

MagicalRinchan

Since I still new to the hobby I'm trying to limit myself to a single doll which is the custom I'm making, but if I might not be able to resist if there was a Kagamine Rin or IdolMas Yukiho for a good price.

StelSel

-dollfie dream 2b. Head preferably cuz I don't really care about the outfit and big boobies.

-DDh 07-09 semi white.

-