Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

mitsuki

Who is on your want list?

luciaxtrix
10 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Jadepixel has a good Dream Choice guide here. It looks like she has a photo of DCH-14-M02 & DCH16-M01: https://www.jadepixeldoll.com/dream-choice-guide/

Yeah I have seen the guide :) There's only 1 pic of DCH-16 and two of DCH-14, one with his face partially obscured by bangs and the other is low quality :(

Edited by luciaxtrix
more detail
  • Like 1

luciaxtrix
3 minutes ago, abs2891 said:

Ooooh thank you very much!! Judging from these I definitely prefer the DCH-14. I hope you can get your boy, that M04 option looks really sweet.

• Like 1

Maia
On 6/4/2021 at 7:28 PM, Miabird24 said:

2b and 9s are my grail dolls but I can't afford to pay over 1k for each of them so im always searching around for em. Really hoping for volks to resell mash kyrielight during an event, she is adorable! 

I wish you good luck on getting them hope you can aleast find 9s or 2b head for a good price-

Edited by Mars
  • Like 1

Tierparkzone
On 6/5/2021 at 3:48 AM, Xiongmao said:

Ironically I only bought a Dollfie because I wanted a Miku doll, but I ended up not getting Miku, mostly because I really don't like Snow Miku (a heavily tanned Gal-type Miku would really rock my world). I've actually gone off Miku hair too - Towa's back to her beautiful default wig.

So, similar to this one they had a while back at DollPoint?

fbc0e0f6101466a2b51c847cd4962a0b.jpg

Edited by Tierparkzone
  • Like 3

CrazyDollPerson

I have wanted a Karin for a while. I have gone back and forth on her so many times it isn't even funny. There is one I could get right now for under $400 and I going nuts because I am afraid to spend the money because I just moved and it would have to come from savings which is what we are living on until we get jobs. My husband starts one Monday, but he isn't sure if he is going to like it (it involves working with hazardous chemicals all day). I am hoping she is still available next week once we know for sure he will stay at this job. But, ugh she is such a good price!

Maia
On 6/4/2021 at 7:28 PM, Miabird24 said:

2b and 9s are my grail dolls but I can't afford to pay over 1k for each of them so im always searching around for em. Really hoping for volks to resell mash kyrielight during an event, she is adorable! 

There a is 2b on mandarake for 70000 yen but it just is 2b.

Edited by Mars

BeyondTime
On 6/4/2021 at 5:28 PM, Miabird24 said:

They were $800 new without taxes and shipping, so I think you’re going to be hard pressed to find either of their full sets for under $1,000.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Maia

I agree most of the full sets I’ve found are always over 1000

Air

Ah, I hadn't noticed this was in the Dollfie Dream Section, I'd really love a Lena, even though in general DD's are a bit out of my price range :')

Edited by Air

moerunamida

That look-a-like tan 09 Miku girl is adorable. If money wasn't an issue, I'd think I'd get her with a custom face. I'm feeling the desire to have a boy, too. If Volks ever releases a Nezuko DD, I'm sunk.

• Like 1

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

Starr

I think that once I pay off a current layaway; the next doll on my "want list" will be the new DCH-26 in tan. 

I also have a poor Kagamine Len body that is missing a head, so I suppose I should probably correct that sometime soon! ~ Honestly, there's so many that I want that I can barely keep my ADD focused on one. 

Dollfie_Owner_SR71

I would like to a get second dollfie in general. The one I have looks lonely.

• Like 1

lildollface

I'm currently looking for a few heads on the secondhand market, specifically Kaede Takagaki or Uzuki Shimamura. A DCH-16 on the DDdy body is also an idea I've been thinking of going through...

I'm also tempted in looking for a Kagamine Len in order to customize into Razor from Genshin Impact, as well as maybe getting a MDD Mochi-Ashi to customize as Klee. However I'm not entirely sure if I want to go through with the idea yet 😅

empty

It took a lot of thought but I think I will go for the new DCH-24 girl this year in semiwhite. When I went to look through the doll point blog I was sold on her and losing the Icon lottery means there is extra savings for dolls. I wish there were more pictures of her around mostly I have only seen the new guys. Maybe once semiwhite comes back into season there will be more. 

Mega Negi

Kagamine Len, and if they ever get around to him, Kaito.  Mostly to complete the set, really.

AliensOfGold

My ultimate get for a dollfie would have to be Rise Kujikawa, either a complete set or just her head and eyes and I’ll figure the rest out later.

yin8012

My wishlist would be the Kagemine twins for sure...I completely missed out their pre-order in the past 😢 Another one would be Ram I think - she turns out to be so much cuter and really resemble the anime than what I expected before seeing people's picture of her.

Xenokitten

I probably replied here awhile back, but right now, the only doll on my wishlist is a DDH-11 D'Coord. I'm having a hard time finding her via proxy services. I've sent 3 different proxies, multiple times to different dollpoint stores and 11 is never there. I'm not picky on body type, skin color, wig, eyes or faceup. Although my "dream" would be a DDH-11 in tan skin. I think one of my proxies may have found me a used white skin one yesterday. Am waiting to hear back and coordinate everything. Even after buying the white skin one (if it's still available), I'd definitely jump at the chance for a tan one still. 

MaleficentMrsofEvil

I want a purple doll! I sincerely hope they do another lottery!

Pinkcarrotto
On 7/7/2020 at 11:50 PM, Pinkcarrotto said:

I currently want DDS M.O.M.O. in this year. I'm also want to have DDdy Sasara and Mio Akiyama some day.

Currently, I have got DDS M.O.M.O. and DDdy Sasara yeah~ I am so happy. For the next, I wanna have DD Tamaki.

Poofiemus
On 10/12/2011 at 12:32 PM, Poofiemus said:

Interesting topic--especially seeing as a few of you have gone on to acquire girls on your lists.

In all honesty, it'd probably be smarter for me to stay *away* from the doll communities because they all provide so much temptation, and I am *not* in a position to be spending tons on luxury items at all right now. (Graduation print costs are gonna be killer--one copy of my process book alone could easily reach the $100 area if I don't find a way to cut the number of pages down.) But I don't have the willpower to stay away, so I'll just pine and envy!

But when I do get money, ones that I'd really like:

-Nanoha Takamachi. Love that cute widdle face! I also love the character; cute and badass is an awesome combination. I could also go for Fate, since she has the same head mold, but would probably change her faceup so she wouldn't be quite so frowny.

-Saber Alter (v2). I didn't think I was a DD Saber fan. . .but then somehow I started envisioning Saber Alter as a deadpan snarker, and now the idea will not go away! Luckily for me it's the second version outfit I prefer, so hopefully she'll be common enough that she won't appreciate too much by the time I can afford a second doll.

-Marisa Kirisame. I don't know beans about Touhou, but that little kitty mouth just slays me! I do like Airy too, but prefer Marisa; I think it's the younger face. There's a slight chance she could end up with pink hair and blue eyes, as a humanoid Pinkie Pie. XD

And the last two don't exist at the time of this posting, but I think would sell well if Volks ever did do them. . . And if time goes on long enough without an official Volks offering, I actually am considering doing customs.

-Hatsune Miku. Honestly, I don't know why Volks hasn't done her yet. If I go custom, she may end up an 06 head, or a Nanoha head if I find one for a price too good to resist.

-Akemi Homura. This would just be too epic to resist. If I end up doing a custom, she'll probably be an SQ Lab head, either Hibiki or Meyrin, and be on either a DDS or Obitsu 50cm body.

So there's my Dollfie pipe dream. XD

On 1/31/2020 at 12:09 PM, Poofiemus said:

Right now, I mostly want an MDD body so Abby and my WIP girl Asphodel can coexist, lol. 

I'm perennially tempted by Marisa Kirisame, though. She's got such a playful face, very different from any of my other plastic midgets. 

Going back and looking at my older posts has been really interesting, lol.

That first post was literally 10 years ago (God that's weird). Here's how things have panned out:

-I now have both Nanoha AND Fate. After a couple years I realized I could not separate this couple. Since I had Nanoha filling the smiling slot, I've been happy to leave Fate's default faceup alone. Fate is also less pouty in person.

--Volks has clearly made Miku and released her more than once, lol. I got mine in the original preorder in the first wave, I was so determined not to let her slip by. I did give mine a custom faceup after about three years though.

--Homura is Azone, not DD, but I adore that grumpy little brat regardless. (Her face isn't as flat as many other Azones.) She was also an enthusiastic preoder. Amusingly, her preorder opened after Miku's but Homura still came home first, lol.

Several other dolls slipped into the fray.

First, Abby: I had gotten an Out of Base head to be Homura, but Homura kept her Azone head. Eventually that head became Abby Normal, a super cute magical girl. She is what I consider a doll-original character: her character only exists because the doll does, lol.

Second, I got into Yuri!!! On Ice, and I needed Viktor and Yuuri. These two wouldn't have been really possible when I first posted, and not just because the anime didn't exist yet: DD boys didn't exist yet, and the whole Smart Doll brand wasn't much more than an April Fools' joke. Ten years later I have a DDB Kirito I customized into Yuuri Katsuki and a Smartdoll Eiji Kai I turned into Viktor Nikiforov. Both have custom faceup and modded heads.

Third, Asphodel: she's another doll-original case like Abby. I got a pair of DDH-01 rescue heads from Billy; one is still a problem child, but Asphodel kind of fell together into a quiet dragon girl. She still needs her dragon tail, but regardless I'm quite happy with the surprise dragon child. And yes, she does have her own body now, lol. She's on a Mochi Ashi.

And then this year I went back to my original want list, and finally got DDS Marisa on Mandarake! She's named Katya now and is much more impish than I had originally thought. She is still a witch, but since I STILL don't know Touhou the rest of her personality is basically original. If she were a Dungeons and Dragons character, her alignment would be Chaotic Good. . . But mostly just chaotic lol.

So that means the only doll left on my original list ten years ago is Saber Alter V2. I do still want her, but I think I'll need to update this list again after Katya settles in more.

It's so crazy to compare the ten year old post to reality. I would never have thought I would only be missing one doll from the list, especially considering two of them didn't even exist yet! And I definitely didn't think I would have two gay figure skating boys of all things, lol.

As for my other wants, this is kind of the why the hell not list:

I still want to fix up the other rescue head I got from Billy, but there's some chance she might be beyond my skill set. I may try one more time to fix her myself, and then if that fails I may have to commission someone for the first time. If she ever comes together she'll probably be on DDP

Cirno is super cute. Despite not knowing Touhou I still think her full set is gorgeous, so that isn't making things easier.

Louise. I love me some sass,  apparently. 

A DDS boy. This is ambitious but I want to do a custom Ed Elric. He's been one of my favorite characters for like. . .17 years now, yikes. Seems wrong not to have him at this point. Automail and wig are gonna be tough though.

Airy is tempting largely because she would make an amazing Makoto from Flying Witch.

Lastly, I have always wanted to make a doll of my original character Emryana. But even 10 years into the hobby I STILL haven't found the right head. The ideal version of her would be like, Kos-Mos's eye shape, Sheryl's mouth and jawline, and Alna's nose. I keep hoping a new release will make me go, "That's it! That's Emryana! That's HER!", but so far it's just been a long series of close but no cigar.

It's been a great 10 years on this forum, here's to another 10 more!

• Like 2

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

battrastard
On 9/20/2021 at 5:37 AM, Poofiemus said:

And then this year I went back to my original want list, and finally got DDS Marisa on Mandarake! She's named Katya now and is much more impish than I had originally thought. She is still a witch, but since I STILL don't know Touhou the rest of her personality is basically original. If she were a Dungeons and Dragons character, her alignment would be Chaotic Good. . . But mostly just chaotic lol.

So that means the only doll left on my original list ten years ago is Saber Alter V2. I do still want her, but I think I'll need to update this list again after Katya settles in more.

"Mostly just chaotic lol." That just slays me, honestly. 

I got lucky when I found Marisa and two Saber Alters on Amiami, V2 and Santa Alter. I'd suggest keeping an eye out there, there's a Jeanne D'Arc, a Saber Ruler 

and an Anastasia there right now. 

Prices tend to stay around "retail", which is a bonus. 

(My Alters, Allie and Meg, won't be the deadpan snarky you've envisioned for yours, though. Vat-bred twin assassins, but polar opposites, character-wise. Still working on the fine tuning...) 

Haven't even thought what Risa will be like, yet. Maybe she'll let me know soon enough, like most of the bratlings have. 

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

Poofiemus
6 hours ago, battrastard said:

"Mostly just chaotic lol." That just slays me, honestly. 

I got lucky when I found Marisa and two Saber Alters on Amiami, V2 and Santa Alter. I'd suggest keeping an eye out there, there's a Jeanne D'Arc, a Saber Ruler 

and an Anastasia there right now. 

Prices tend to stay around "retail", which is a bonus. 

(My Alters, Allie and Meg, won't be the deadpan snarky you've envisioned for yours, though. Vat-bred twin assassins, but polar opposites, character-wise. Still working on the fine tuning...) 

Haven't even thought what Risa will be like, yet. Maybe she'll let me know soon enough, like most of the bratlings have. 

Oh yeah, I've seen some decently priced Alter V2s on Mandarake, too. But hunting her down is a future me activity lolololol

Yeah, letting Katya tell me what she's like was the plan. . .she basically shouted her basics to me on day 1, so thst was a nice surprise lololol. I have had other times where getting that connection is tricky, but usually bringing them out somewhere for photos brings their personalities out! It especially worked for Yuuri; he's naturally shy, but I took him to Seattle and that whole city is exactly his vibe apparently lol

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

yin8012

I hope they'll do a re-release of Rin & Ren and I also really like Ram, and it's pretty hard to find any second hand market for these three 😅 Considering that Volks been re-releasing Miku to update their body, maybe it is possible for future re-release of the other characters too, hopefully.