Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

baldylox

Body Comparison photos for DD's *DD NUDITY*

baldylox

Hello! I know I've been saying I was going to do this for a while but I had to wait on the DDI body to get returned to me from my sister. Then I got lazy.... but I have finally gotten off my butt to do this comparison post!

Basically, I read lots of comments from people with questions about the different body types and how they differ from and are similar to each other. And so far I hadn't seen too many places with pics showing these differences. So I decided to do something about that and put together a basic photo post of the different types of bodies available for the Dollfie Dream line. I had to leave out the newest version, the DD3, due to me not owning one yet. But when my Saber Extra arrives, I'll do a side by side with her too.

Anywho, let's begin by meeting our models. I explained to my girls that I wanted to do this not only to help others out but to aide people in the future with adoption decisions. So none of them had issues with posing nude for me since this is basically a scientific study. Yeah yeah....

So here we have from left to right:

Headless DDI body, DDII M-Bust Rei Ayanami, DDII L-bust Yukino, DDS Mamimi and DDdy regular bust Mai.

6811061812_761e619dc5_z.jpg

DSC_5051 by balldylox, on Flickr

Obviously we need to see the body differences so I had the girls disrobe.

6811070128_a78c6711c8_z.jpg

DSC_5053 by balldylox, on Flickr

First up I'll go over the big differences in the DDI and DDII bodies. This DDI was actually Rei's first body. She was released from Volks with this setup. Overall, the dimensions are very close to each other in height and shape.

6811067122_41f42b8e5f_z.jpg

DSC_5054 by balldylox, on Flickr

Now for some closeups. Here you can see the differences in their lower torsos. The DDI had large slits to accomodate the strings inside. Yes I said strings, like a resin doll. You'll see those later. Other than the slits, the torsos look very similar in shape and size.

6811064040_122552c3d4_z.jpg

DSC_5055 by balldylox, on Flickr

Here are the knees. Big differences here as you can see. The DDI has the kneecaps facing up where the DDII has them facing down. Leg shape and size are overall the same.

6957181961_8a66cb954a_z.jpg

DSC_5057 by balldylox, on Flickr

Here, you can see the top of the torsos. The actual busts ARE interchangeable if you are good at re-stringing dolls. Otherwise, don't even try to swap busts on a DDI. The DDII has a slightly longer lower torso than the DDI does as you can see by the difference in shoulder height here.

6957184469_69f4b71091_z.jpg

DSC_5058 by balldylox, on Flickr

From the side you can see differences in shape now. The DDI has a slightly more arched lower back, giving it a little more rounded butt at the top.

6957189667_007dff7943_z.jpg

DSC_5059 by balldylox, on Flickr

A closer view shows the busts to be almost identical except for the tip of the breast on the DDII being a bit more pointy. Also, the DDI bust is a thinner vinyl than the DDII and is a bit more squishy and pliable.

6957192103_5298f1a631_z.jpg

DSC_5060 by balldylox, on Flickr

A close up of the knees.

6811077618_395a306ebd_z.jpg

DSC_5061 by balldylox, on Flickr

The feet aren't really different except for the way they attach to the doll. The DDI feet are attached via the strings and the DDII feet plug into the inner skeleton frame.

6957194735_e9c41bef0a_z.jpg

DSC_5062 by balldylox, on Flickr

BOOTY! Oh.. um, sorry about that.

Here is a shot from the back of both bodies.

6811088166_1766c80fa9_z.jpg

DSC_5063 by balldylox, on Flickr

A closeup of the backs of the knees.

6957200195_12a509cdf4_z.jpg

DSC_5064 by balldylox, on Flickr

Now here is where we start seeing the internal stringing come into play. On the left we have the DDI with it's big "S" hook that holds the head on and loops thru the main string inside the body. The black twist tie is there so if I need to put a head on this body, I can pull out the "S" hook without fear of losing the string inside the body since the string is elastic cord that has some tension on it.

On the right you can see the familiar head attachemnt system of the DDII. The small cut on the back of the neck is a modification done by me for better head movement.

6811096100_1ab7f2494b_z.jpg

DSC_5066 by balldylox, on Flickr

And now some string! Pulling down on the leg at the knee, you can easily see the string inside. It's elastic so it stretches a bit.

6957203087_90ecfd1626_z.jpg

DSC_5067 by balldylox, on Flickr

Here is the upper leg being pulled down to show the string going into the hip area.

6811098600_4db79e33db_z.jpg

DSC_5068 by balldylox, on Flickr

So ends the DDI comparison! Now we move on to the differences in busts for the DDII body. To demonstrate we have Rei with her M-bust and Yukino with her normal L-bust.

6957211315_2c46ff6591_z.jpg

DSC_5069 by balldylox, on Flickr

Both bodies here are the DDII and so are exactly the same. This is a close up to show the size differences in the busts.

6811104232_010a82aeeb_z.jpg

DSC_5070 by balldylox, on Flickr

And from the side:

6811110128_92a936ba52_z.jpg

DSC_5071 by balldylox, on Flickr

Miyuki - "Hey girls! Why are yall naked?"

Yukino - "We're showing off our boobs for Papa."

me - NO NO NO!!! You are NOT doing that Yukino!

Rei - "Yes we are Miyuki."

me - Sigh.....

6811113194_1e0c3f4f35_z.jpg

DSC_5072 by balldylox, on Flickr

me - Miyuki, since you're here, can you please help us? I need to show a comparison of your Shapely L-bust to Yuknios normal L-bust.

Miyuki - "Oh sure! I love my new boobs so I'm happy to show'em off!"

6811107426_55fd244029_z.jpg

DSC_5073 by balldylox, on Flickr

As you can see, Miyuki now has the new Shapely L-bust. It's basically the same size as Yukino but squished together for more cleavege to show.

6811118944_d49b4d6cef_z.jpg

DSC_5074 by balldylox, on Flickr

Here is a side shot:

6811116022_748c81a97a_z.jpg

DSC_5075 by balldylox, on Flickr

M- "Yay for docking! Hee hee!"

Yes, yes Miyuki, docking is great. This is so you can see the spacing between the breasts on these two.

6957237009_9e15093378_z.jpg

DSC_5076 by balldylox, on Flickr

Next up we have the DDS body shown by Mamimi. As you can see there are some big changes from the DDII body.

6811124310_350ea35b0f_z.jpg

DSC_5077 by balldylox, on Flickr

First, lets look at the torsos. The DDS is very slim compared to the DDII. Also, the legs are not as long in the thigh area. The arms are a bit shorter too.

6957231499_e1ccab6188_z.jpg

DSC_5078 by balldylox, on Flickr

From the side, the height difference between these two is apparent. The DDII is about an inch taller overall. Also, you can see the slimmer line of the DDS.

6957245745_e02720f9c7_z.jpg

DSC_5079 by balldylox, on Flickr

The elbows are vastly different on these two. The DDII has only one joint whereas the DDS has two. More on this in a minute.

6811132444_6f6700b5b7_z.jpg

DSC_5080 by balldylox, on Flickr

From the back, it's easy to see the differences in bodies. Height, shape and body lines are all different. The DDS is made to look like a "little sister" so it's much slimmer in proportion.

6811129964_16ab81c099_z.jpg

DSC_5081 by balldylox, on Flickr

The backs of the knees. The DDS can move the legs back way further in a sitting position while kneeling ( called seiza in Japanese ).

6957255473_1204776020_z.jpg

DSC_5082 by balldylox, on Flickr

Here is a height comparison using a tape measure. As you can see the DDII is about one inch taller than the DDS if you compare shoulder to shoulder since heads are different shapes and sizes. And the stands the girls are on are the same size and thickness so they aren't throwing off the tape measure.

6957252629_005e8cbf45_z.jpg

DSC_5083 by balldylox, on Flickr

Back to the elbows, here you can see how far the DDII can move its arms compared to the DDS. Those double joints come in handy here.

6811138828_57128c35d0_z.jpg

DSC_5084 by balldylox, on Flickr

But using the "hidden" joint of the DDII, seen here, you can get similar results as the DDS. To access this joint in the DDII, you have to really pull and wiggle the elbow joints a lot. I had to heat up the joint with a heatgun to make mine pop out.

6957257949_b7357e5139_z.jpg

DSC_5085 by balldylox, on Flickr

Here is the extended "hidden" joint being used. It doesn't look nearly as good as the DDS one but with certain camera angles, you can hide it well enuff.

6957263511_2d4ba274ac_z.jpg

DSC_5086 by balldylox, on Flickr

R - "Are we done yet?"

No Rei, we still need to do DDdy comparisons.

R - "Please get on with it, I do not want to miss "Pawn Stars".

Yes Rei.....

As you may have guessed, we are moving on to the DDdy bodies. Here we have Mai modeling the normal DDdy body and bust.

6957260689_f05a0b055f_z.jpg

DSC_5087 by balldylox, on Flickr

As you already know, the DDdy girls are MUCH more curvy and shapely than the regular DDII bodies. The hips are wider, the upper thighs are thicker and of course the busts are larger.

6811155478_b157450f6c_z.jpg

DSC_5088 by balldylox, on Flickr

Here you can really see the difference in hips and thighs.

6957268499_0c03b90415_z.jpg

DSC_5089 by balldylox, on Flickr

More booty shots!

6811160434_b513901865_z.jpg

DSC_5090 by balldylox, on Flickr

The regular busts for the DDII are much longer in the front and back than the DDdy ones are. See how far up the vinyl is underneath Mai's boobs compared to Rei's?

6957273165_61d012bebc_z.jpg

DSC_5091 by balldylox, on Flickr

Since the DDdy girls are shaped to replicate anime girls with larger breasts, the busts are very large. This is the regular version of the DDdy bust compared to the DDII M-bust.

6811164944_63b1043e24_z.jpg

DSC_5092 by balldylox, on Flickr

Manami - "What in the HELL is going on here? Why are you guys naked? And why didn't anyone tell ME this was happening?"

Mai - "Uh oh..."

Rei - "Manami, this was all Papa's idea. Ask him."

6957135707_84b5c86fe6_z.jpg

DSC_5093 by balldylox, on Flickr

Manami - "So what gives Papa? Why wasn't *I* invited to be naked along with everyone else?"

Mai - "Umm....Manami?"

Rei - "Typical. This is why we did not invite her in the first place."

6811029752_3e358a85eb_z.jpg

DSC_5094 by balldylox, on Flickr

Manami - "Come here Rei! You owe me for not inviting me!"

Mai - "Now wait a second there sis."

me - Hold on Manami, I *do* need your help here. You showed up just at the right time!

Manami - "I did?"

6957142111_e270bbc2a3_z.jpg

DSC_5095 by balldylox, on Flickr

Yes you did. I am doing body comparisons and you have the Shapely Bust. I need to have you take some shots next to Mai to show off how it looks compared to hers.

Manami - "Ooohhh.... okay! lemme get this top off then..."

Good, you do that and I'll get Yoko over here to help.

6811035876_c16c449f86_z.jpg

DSC_5096 by balldylox, on Flickr

So now we have all the different types of DDdy busts in attendance! On the left we have Yoko with the "natural" bust, in the center is Mai with the normal bust and on the right we have Manami with the Shapely bust.

6811039150_5c9ed391c0_z.jpg

DSC_5097 by balldylox, on Flickr

From the side you can see the differences in them. Size is about the same on the normal and shapely busts. Yoko's are a bit less rounded in shape.

6957152069_90b121d663_z.jpg

DSC_5098 by balldylox, on Flickr

From the top, you can really see the separation that these have. Yoko's are the farthest apart and she also has no nipples on her bust. Yoko's also has the most natural shape of the three... well as natural as you CAN be with these things.

6957160071_314fe635ed_z.jpg

DSC_5099 by balldylox, on Flickr

When I first got Yoko, I had no idea that more than her bust was different from the regular DDdy body. Here you can see some of the differences. Her lower torso is a little longer and thinner at the top. This makes her a slight bit taller. I tried to push the top of the torso down but this is as far as it goes.

6957154773_793e04591e_z.jpg

DSC_5100 by balldylox, on Flickr

This side shot really shows you how different Yoko is from the normal DDdy. Look at the arch in her lower back. It makes her butt look rounder and her mid section look slimmer. She also has a slight "bump" just below where her bust attaches.

6957157459_521e5b35f3_z.jpg

DSC_5101 by balldylox, on Flickr

And from the rear ( ha ha! ) you can see how her waist is much thinner. Her butt also seems to be a little rounder on the bottom too.

6957165235_ede944274c_z.jpg

DSC_5102 by balldylox, on Flickr

And just for fun, here are some comparisons of the DDII regular L-bust and the regular DDdy bust.

6957168165_2e179b78e0_z.jpg

DSC_5103 by balldylox, on Flickr

Last but not least, we have the DDII Shapely L-bust and the DDdy Shapely busts.

M - "STARE"

6957162701_9f8c97eb53_z.jpg

DSC_5104 by balldylox, on Flickr

So in closing, I do hope these photos help people out with some of the questions they have about the different body types.

Thank you for reading!

Billy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Nightmare Tea

That was really informative! Thanks for the post!

When you get Saber Extra, can you get some shots of her with Mamimi?

I want to see the height comparison with the DDIII and DDS.

Saluli

Thanks fis doing this!

It really helped a lot. Pictures speaks louder than words. Now I fell that I understand better how the bodies are different.

Beato says that it looks like a clothes's catalog. And that now she wants to try all the combinations! BTW, the standart L-bust is very pretty.

About the changes in pose-ability, I had not understand until now that what made the diference in DDS and DD3 were the famous "Double-Joint" that resin owners love so much.

Now, question time:

You said that DDS can do the "seiza" pose better than DDII. Considering that the DDdy is very different, there are new poses/ limitations to these girls?

And Between Yoko and Mai?

Do you know if there were different bust sizes to DDI?

This post was really informative. Maybe in a few years Billy will have one exemplar of each base body to do an EPIC post.

But I suppose that if someone wants to post pics of other DD size comparison it could be posted in this topic? Maybe MDD/DDdy and MDD/DDIII

• Like 1

Summon ritual is over. And finally complete.

mitsuki

You took so many photos! Thank you for doing so much work to do such an elaborate comparison. And please thank your cute models too!

Looking at the DDI compared to DDII, I just had a thought DDIII backside looks like the DDI. What do you think? It is rounder like the DDI.

6811088166_1766c80fa9_z.jpg

DSC_5063 by balldylox, on Flickr

6064075526_25564ba9e8.jpg

DDIII bodyline

mitsuki
Do you know if there were different bust sizes to DDI?

The L-bust was released after Volks stopped making the DDI, so there aren't any optional bust parts for DDI specifically. I have seen a DDI Candy with an L-bust, so you can exchange the parts.

Poofiemus

Thanks! This guide is great. And of COURSE Manami would butt in on something like this. I too hope to see Saber Extra amended into the group when she arrives.

Fascinating about Yoko's bust shape affecting her whole torso. Looks like for some reason it sits higher on the internal frame so the top of the lower torso piece is more visible, though I'll have to yank Agatha's upper half off to confirm, which she's not going to be happy about. XD

I didn't know the DDS (and possibly the DDIII) could sit seiza better than the DDII girls, but I did know the DDS could sit swarriko, which is freakin' adorable. (Sitting on the ground with knees turned in so legs kind of make an M or W shape.)

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

baldylox

I'm glad you liked it Saluli! I wish I had the DD3 here already but alas, I figured I can always add pics later and share this info now with those who need it.

I'll see about doing some pics for you later this week with various bodies doing the seiza sitting pose. Yoko and the regular DDdy girls can do pretty much the same poses but Yoko seems to be able to do more of the "model" style stuff better because of the smaller waist.

Mitsuki, I think the DD3 butt looks remarkably like the DDI! I hadn't even thought to compare them before. Now I *have* to do a comparison when Saber Extra arrives!

Thanks! This guide is great. And of COURSE Manami would butt in on something like this. I too hope to see Saber Extra amended into the group when she arrives.

I'm glad you liked it! And yes, how can any of my girls be naked for any length of time with out Manami's radar going crazy? I'm sure Saber will be added in on a future post.

Fascinating about Yoko's bust shape affecting her whole torso. Looks like for some reason it sits higher on the internal frame so the top of the lower torso piece is more visible, though I'll have to yank Agatha's upper half off to confirm, which she's not going to be happy about. XD

I tried to get it to go down but it didn't want to go and I didn't want to force it. So Yoko is a bit taller due to this.

I didn't know the DDS (and possibly the DDIII) could sit seiza better than the DDII girls, but I did know the DDS could sit swarriko, which is freakin' adorable. (Sitting on the ground with knees turned in so legs kind of make an M or W shape.)

How awesome is it that the M/W sitting pose has a name? I used to do this sitting pose when I was younger because my knees don't bend the right way easily. I can't sit seiza for long due to it hurting my knees really badly. But I can sit swarriko all day with no issues. Odd that...

I'll get some shots of Mamimi and the others doing seiza so you can see the differences.

Billy

PrettyCranium

Thank you for this. This post is very informative, well shot, and just nicely done. It must have taken a long time, but we really appreciate it!

baldylox
Thank you for the guide; this is very useful!

You're welcome! I had been meaning to do this for a while but I kept putting it off due to me being lazy and wanting to do other photo shoots instead. But I finally got to doing it so it could help people with questions and such.

Thank you for this. This post is very informative, well shot, and just nicely done. It must have taken a long time, but we really appreciate it!

You're welcome. And thanks for the praise! It took me about 2 hours to shoot this and maybe 30 minutes to setup the table, background and lights. So not a big difference from some of my other lengthy stories. I need a life....

Billy

salica

I love the way you turned something educational to a XXX photo story

baldylox
I love the way you turned something educational to a XXX photo story

And HOW pray tell did I do that? Was it the inclusion of Manami and Miyuki?

Billy

Suzuna

Thanks so much Baldy! Ahhh, I have high hopes for Haruka's body being more similar to Yoko's... it looks a little more slender, don't you think? *fingers crossed*

baldylox
Thank you very much! I like the Yoko's DDdy a lote ^^

You're welcome! I'm glad people are finding this post useful. And yes, I also like Yoko's body.

Thanks so much Baldy! Ahhh, I have high hopes for Haruka's body being more similar to Yoko's... it looks a little more slender, don't you think? *fingers crossed*

You're welcome! While we haven't seen Haruka's actual DDdy body yet in any Volks pics, I think the newest promo shots of the DDdy3 body shows the lower torso looking very similar to Yoko's. It obviously doesn't have Yoko's bust tho, it looks to be the regular DDdy Shapely bust. But they could be fooling us! I guess we shall have to wait and see how Haruka turns out.

Billy

Ravendruid

Wow! Very helpful and answers a lot of my questions (including a few I didn't realize I had). Only question remaining at the moment regarding these bodies is, can the DDII bust fit on the DDdy body? I love most of the Dy body, but the bust is a little bit ridiculous for most of my purposes.

Daddy of: Yuriko, Sohi, Miku and SK's many kids

12437295384_b307eb5ce8.jpg

Nightmare Tea
Wow! Very helpful and answers a lot of my questions (including a few I didn't realize I had). Only question remaining at the moment regarding these bodies is, can the DDII bust fit on the DDdy body? I love most of the Dy body, but the bust is a little bit ridiculous for most of my purposes.

The DDII busts cannot fit the DDdy without modding.

mitsuki

6456901323_76d9d5f326.jpg

Sakuya: DDdy with modified L-bust

Based on Maarit's tutorial

http://www.pihlajakoto.fi/?p=14

6456898805_073d26fb2b.jpg

6456907415_5ea8f97be4.jpg

The soft vinyl is hard to sand but maybe if I put the bust in the freezer I can try sanding it to make it smooth.

• Like 1

baldylox

Thank you Mitsuki! Posting those pics of Sakuya was very helpful. Plus I got to se some excellent shitapai!

I think the cuts on the bottom of the L-bust would be cleaner if you used some short scissors instead of an X-Acto knife. I have some small, curved scissors used to cut clear Lexan bodies for RC cars and they cut the bust vinyl really well. I use them whenever I do the cut for the neck mods on my girls. So using osmething like those would make it easier to cut as well as leaving a more even looking line where the cut was made. I may try this mod out in the future if Manami decides to go on a diet.

Billy

baldylox
Wow! Very helpful and answers a lot of my questions (including a few I didn't realize I had).

Cool beans. I'm glad I could help out a bit! And it's good to see that Mitsuki answered your question with some great photos.

Billy

mitsuki

This thread might not have met its quota of nudity or partial nudity, so it can always use more.

Ravendruid

Ok, thanks a lot Mitsuki! Also, that's a great suggestion about the scissors, Baldy. SK has a pair of Cutterbees, short, pointed scissors that just might do the job.

Daddy of: Yuriko, Sohi, Miku and SK's many kids

12437295384_b307eb5ce8.jpg

baldylox
This thread might not have met its quota of nudity or partial nudity, so it can always use more.

LOL! That was too funny. But I agree because I think this thread can be used to answer lots of questions people have and we can add to it as time goes on. I think I'll ask Littlebearries to "sticky" this like your skeleton post. And when I get Saber Extra in, I can come back and add to this post.

That and you can add stuff like you did for more reference. I appreciate you helping out.

Ok, thanks a lot Mitsuki! Also, that's a great suggestion about the scissors, Baldy. SK has a pair of Cutterbees, short, pointed scissors that just might do the job.

No problem. I'm using to using X-Acto knives and I'm pretty good with them. But I think in this case, using some smaller, sharp scissors will give better results.

Billy

PlasticFantastic

What, no S-busts?

This is a really well done comparison of the bodies. I only have two DDdy: WS Alna's with the shapely bust and Yoko's. Seeing the normal bust for the DDdy allows me to see how similar the bust shape is to Yoko's (with nipples mind you)

It'll be nice when you can update this with the DD3 body so everyone can see how tall it is. ^_^

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

Please visit my YouTube channel for helpful DD tips, tutorials, and reviews!