Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

geminidoll

SQ Lab

geminidoll

Anyone familiar with SQ Labs? Are the heads actually resin? Seems to me that would make a vinyl body strangely top heavy. Says eyes resin too so curious. Any info will be appreciated.

Rochelle

baldylox

Hey Rochelle, either PM or email AsianEd here as he owns an SQ Labs girl on a DDII body. I don't think he's had any issues with balance or anything. Give him a shout and see what he says about her, she's called Kitsune altho she has no ears or tail.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

PrettyCranium

I have an SQ Lab head. It is resin, but it's really not that heavy. The heads can be a bit loose on the DD neck peg. The head cap needs to be attached by tape, there's no ridge or magnets. The eyes are very nice, good quality.

Here's a picture of my Sayomi (Hime model). She came with a face-up from SQ Lab and the eyes:

5700417016_2a6947fd44_z.jpg

P1020104 by PrettyCranium, on Flickr

geminidoll

Thanks PrettyCranium. Your girl is nice, lots of attitude. Looks like a great match with the vinyl which surprises me a little. I did not think SQ Lab painted. I need to check their website again.

chibinezumi

Sorry for the NSFW pic (only one I have right now) but here are my two SQ labs heads. One on DDII and One on MDD.

6255535814_205b4dd1d6.jpg

Alice and Alice by chibinezumi, on Flickr

The MDD head spins around and is loose. The DDII has a better fit. They are resin and can be sanded and customized. The sqlab eyes are heavier and more solid than volks eyes. But they are not all a true 22mm some eye prints are smaller.

The heads are shallow so 8-9 wigs seem a bit large in the back. These heads are slightly smaller than most volks heads. More like an HDD-03 size. They are quite light and don't topple over.

Edited by Guest

Poofiemus

Battrastard's Tana is also and SQ Labs girl, a Tsubaki, on a DDII body.

I would honestly be surprised if the SQ Labs heads were too heavy for DD bodies--that's exactly what they're made to go on, actually. Some people do opt to put them on Obitsu bodies, especially the 50cm, since that's also a close skin tone match. Also, I've heard of plenty of people who have made DD hybrids with resin heads originally meant for resin bodies, again with no issue, though those people seem to have become somewhat less common as more curvy resin bodies have emerged on the market. So, yeah, resin head + DD or Obitsu body is perfectly manageable apparently.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

PrettyCranium
Thanks PrettyCranium. Your girl is nice, lots of attitude. Looks like a great match with the vinyl which surprises me a little. I did not think SQ Lab painted. I need to check their website again.

The painted head was won on YJA, but I think they occasionally offer painted heads on their website in limited numbers.

Kumi
Anyone familiar with SQ Labs? Are the heads actually resin? Seems to me that would make a vinyl body strangely top heavy. Says eyes resin too so curious. Any info will be appreciated.

The correct question should be "Who's not familiar with SQ Labs?" here

Board index -> Shopping -> Vendor Links and Feedback -> SQ LAB new website

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=672

7054652243_fdd89f86bc_z.jpg

Kaoru by Kumi 27, on Flickr

I won Kaoru's head on Y!J, already painted by Ranka/SQLabs. Eyes are from SQ too.

No problems with weight, but the head is not elastic like the vinyl heads

so it should be secured on the neck part, because there's almost no friction.

I'm using eye putty but probably should change it to some clamp or something.

I've heard that small paper clamps work

The heads are little smaller (flatter headback) and maybe narrower than most DD heads.

8-9 wigs are almost too big and too deep on them, but with a silicone headcap it's okay.

5923121209_ebe1ab514f_m.jpg 5923120235_de15e0c751_m.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kumi_27/sets/72157627036429535/

• Like 1

marisa_doll

I also won a head on YJA...

I also repeat the comment about 8-9 inches being too big.

In my case it appears too big both in front and back, so I think for SQ-Lab Hibiki head you will need a 7-8 inch wig.

The head is smaller and works well on a 40cm body

And again, for this head she is probably better off with 20mm eyes; 22mm is slightly too big with almost no whites visible. It doesn't really fit in the socket snugly.

I also used a DIY neck-piece to fit the head on the body.

I will also make a comment on the skin-tone.

It appears that some of their 'normal skin' resin comes out darker depending on batch... and I got quite a reddish one that doesn't match DD NS nor Obitsu White. I compare this with an owner in Japan with the exact same head as me... but it matches his MDD body perfectly. He also tried an 8-9 inch wig (like the website says) but found it was too big and swapped it out for something smaller.

Tungsten light hides the colour-mismatch... but daylight with a high CRI will make it really obvious... so beware!

m08bs.jpg

Image demonstrating the much more red and saturated colour of the SQ-Lab head compared to the yellowish Parabox body.

I recommend you buy only their white-skin heads because I think it will look much better having a head that is lighter than the body... instead of darker. Their white-skin appears to be a closer match to Obitsu white too... which is weird because most people say Obitsu white is closer to DD NS... which many people have found that actually own the parts may not be the case (Obitsu colour also appears to vary on batch).

So now my doll which I waited so long is here... but bald... because the wig I bought her is too big!

Nw8UF.jpg

Image demonstrating that yellowish tungsten light with low CRI can effectively hide the disparity in colour.

My SQ Hibiki

I am putting up for adoption a SQ-Lab Ren head on flickr. Contact me for more details!

geminidoll

Everyone that posted - thank you, this has been helpful. And all the heads posted are beautiful. love the attitude in a few of them.

Think I'm going to wait to see what DP27 DDs are offered. Will consider an SQ head if MDD body parts are sold or perhaps DDS parts. Only have enough $ left in doll funds for 1 DD.

PlasticFantastic
Everyone that posted - thank you, this has been helpful. And all the heads posted are beautiful. love the attitude in a few of them.

Think I'm going to wait to see what DP27 DDs are offered. Will consider an SQ head if MDD body parts are sold or perhaps DDS parts. Only have enough $ left in doll funds for 1 DD.

I feel like you've missed the thread with all the photos of the three DD's being released for the Dolpa ^^;

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

Please visit my YouTube channel for helpful DD tips, tutorials, and reviews!

geminidoll

Nope - we sell Volks. What I've heard ubofficially is MDD won't be offered in US but I'm hopeful & waiting to get the offer sheet from Volks so I can make some decisions.

carmen171
Nope - we sell Volks. What I've heard ubofficially is MDD won't be offered in US but I'm hopeful & waiting to get the offer sheet from Volks so I can make some decisions.

Yes, I thought MDD would not be offered in US becuase the other two TP releases were not....

Daughters~Mai,Ryomou,Kanu,Moe2,Yukino,HH02,Yoko,Marisa,Escalayer,Ms. Mariko,Lucy,Saber Xtra,Saber Alter,Rise,Sasara,Alna,Akira,H05,Mayu

animal.jpg

Waiting~Natsuki2,Melty,Aoko

battrastard

Heya!

Tana's an SQLabs "Tsubaki" head,(bought thru their site, http://sqlabdolls.net/ with Volks 22mm Eyes. She is currently "wearing" my second attempt at doing my own face-up. (and will probably have another in the near future!)

6930415204_1d1234c29f_z.jpg

Untitled by rattbastard, on Flickr

Her head has just the teeniest bit of a yellow tone, compared to the DDII NS skin tone, but it hasn't been

very noticeable in the photos.

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

Whispard

Hello.

I'm new to this DD world and just recently bought DDIII body and now I looking for a head for her.

I wanted to buy SQ lab's Iris head, but found out they a bit smaller than usual DD heads.

So I have a favor to ask... Can anyone make a photo of DD with SQ lab head and with head from volks standing near each other with whole neck visible? The part of DD neck is worries a bit too. Their neck looks really long on some photos with SQ lab's head on DD body

It really troubles me, since I can't afford to spend much money and thinking between SQ lab's Iris head and DDH-06 from Volks...

Thanks in advance.

battrastard

Here's a couple of pics of my Tana (SQLabs Tsubaki) and Maiko (DDH-02), you can see the size difference clearly in the first one:

7183884969_6d24aa4d4f_z.jpg

Desert PJ Patrol by rattbastard, on Flickr

But, with a little bit of creative hair management, you don't notice her neck as much:

11153392223_8d8f282887_z.jpg

IMG_9672 by rattbastard, on Flickr

Hope this helps a bit!!

(BTW, both girls are on the DDII normal skin body!)

Whispard

This really helped, thank you very much.

I will go for DDH-06... probably. Is it the only smiling face that I can find easily without overpaying much?

Misheru

Here is a photo of Kuroneko (SQ Lab in the center) with her best pal, Chiaki-chan (original Lucy on the far right). You can get a good sense of size comparison.

Yoko is on the far left and she has one of the largest DD heads.

I don't think any look out of place.

09d7bcdf-f8c7-4435-a80c-5df9152bf841_zps923e2514.jpg

I have 3 Sq Lab heads on DD bodies and I have no problems with the necks. I also have DD heads on SQ Lab bodies and the scale is fine.

~ Misheru...the *M* in H&M House of Vinyl ~ ℒℴѵℯ❤

( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒) ˚₊✩‧ All your dolliehs are belong to us! ✩‧₊˚ ( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒)

Hypercurve
Here's a couple of pics of my Tana (SQLabs Tsubaki) and Maiko (DDH-02), you can see the size difference clearly in the first one:

(BTW, both girls are on the DDII normal skin body!)

Thank you so much for the pics! Do the Volks 22mm eyes fit in the SQLab eyeholes properly? Or do SQLab girls need 18-20mm eyes??

Whispard

Thank you, Misheru. These photos really helpful.

For now, as for my first doll I decided to go for Volks DDH-06. But if it won't fit well to character that I want to create I'll go for SQ-Lab!

battrastard
Do the Volks 22mm eyes fit in the SQLab eyeholes properly? Or do SQLab girls need 18-20mm eyes??

I have a preference for the 20mm eyes, there's just enough room in her head for them, without trying

to push the other eye out of place..

Also, an update, with Tana on an MDD III body:

13096926894_83f7fafd37_s.jpgIMG_0558 by rattbastard, on Flickr

I definitely like how much more proportional everything is now..

(That, and she just looks so cute this way!)

Hypercurve

Thank you. battrastard!! You are right, SQ heads don't have much room for bigger eyes. I got some 22mm SQ Lab resin eyes for my girls, looks like they are for bigger/DD eyeholes. Need to get some 20mm eyes ... but these will have to work for now.

Five of my girls got their face ups today, including my little Ranka ... she is on a resin MSD body. Tana looks so cute! Aren't they super adorable on the smaller bodies???

Here is a family pic for you guys -

14061859753_b82943e7fa_z.jpg

Misheru

They are all so cute! Thank you for sharing your SQ girls . I may have missed it, but which face is on the far right?

~ Misheru...the *M* in H&M House of Vinyl ~ ℒℴѵℯ❤

( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒) ˚₊✩‧ All your dolliehs are belong to us! ✩‧₊˚ ( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒)

Hypercurve

Thanks, Michelle she is Hibiki in real skin

Rumiko

What a cute family you have there Hypercurve!