Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

PrettyCranium

Indoor shooting: Backdrops?

ikumi

TUMBLR. ITS ALLWAYS TUMBLR. Haha XD, tumblr has magnificent backgrounds and other things anime-ish and esthetic alike. Just search In your keyword in the search at and it will most likely give ou a lot of the options you'd like. And idk how to print it on cloth and such but that sounds like I good idea, but if your on a budget, just print them out in sprate printing papers? And tape them together etc. I don't have a good camera and I also have bad lighting and backdrop skills, but if I wanted to do what you wanted, that'd be my safest bet

snowfern

I buy adjustable rods from Daiso (they have a super long/large one, almost 2m) and hang stuff on it like curtains, blankets, cloth etc to serve as backdrops. Or large pieces of paper, bamboo table runners etc for a variety of textures/colours.

Nozomi02

I haven't done much photography yet, but the pictures I have taken have been on a tall wood table that I keep close to the wall. If I take the picture at the right angle, it looks like a hardwood floor. It's also near a window, so I get lots of natural light.

I'll have to keep all your great backdrop suggestions in mind for future pictures!

At home:

DDH-05: Kimiko

DD Snow Miku: Miss Yum Yum

Smart Doll Ivory: Yuki

Smart Doll Chitose

Smart Doll Eiji: Hotohori

DD Saber Extra

DDH-07/SmD Hybrid: Maki

Smart Doll Harmony

Smart Doll Twilight

DDH-10 MDD: Anzu Futaba

Smart Doll Crimson Kai: Takeshi

jazijaz

I use towels, wrap paper and the walls a lot as a background.

It started to get boring so I got those backdrops on ebay.

Here are some examples of the backdrops I have used from ebay (sorry for the non-DD pictures, I have used the backdrops with my DDs twice only):

20150621_154017_zpsffbz426j.png

IMG_6272_zpsspr6s5wa.png

IMG_6410_zpshbsfj18t.png

Same backdrop as above

DSC_0659_zps8lhm2q5q.png

IMG_7859_zpsz8m4uzgn.png

IMG_8045_zpsmodnq03q.png

HoshiBerry

Jazijaz : I've always been sceptical about backdrops, but your pics prove that they can look rather nice when used right :>

FullyCustom

I'm very basic when it comes to backdrops. I have a studio backdrop in black, white and green. I know you can buy others to work with these so you may have convinced me to try them!

jazijaz
Jazijaz : I've always been sceptical about backdrops, but your pics prove that they can look rather nice when used right :>

Thank you =) I never take my dolls out, I want to change that but I live in the city and there's nothing beautiful around here. I depend on backdrops a lot. I try not to put the dolls too close to the backdrop and I iron them before I use them. I also take the light of the backdrop in consideration when posing my dolls. I'm happy you liked them!

wrxgal

Haha... I recently used my cat's cardboard Christmas house as a backdrop for one of my bjd's.... lol.... it worked out ok i think....

Lillybeth802

I recently made a make shift light box. Tall box lined with white fabric, some fairy lights and tulle. Turned out pretty great and is a decent indoors back drop for my girls!

Amara77
I recently made a make shift light box. Tall box lined with white fabric, some fairy lights and tulle. Turned out pretty great and is a decent indoors back drop for my girls!
Since I saw your pictures I've actually been meaning to do this as well, or something similar. Your pictures came out so nicely!

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....