Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

aquilla429

Mama Chapp dolls?

aquilla429

I love that this forum has a section for off topic dolls but I didn't see a post for Mama Chapp dolls!

I was wondering if anyone else has Mama Chapp dolls? I have one, I had to buy her off yahoo Japan but like dd, she was totally worth it.

I'd like to get another one too one day so she would have a like sized friend.

I don't know how to post pictures yet, but if anyone is interested, I have some pictures of here at my Flickr Mama Chapp

aquillascubbyholesmall_zps7378ca56.png

My new domain and blog is now based on tumblr, you can find me at http://www.aquilla429.com

https://twitter.com/aquilla429

archangeli

I don't own one myself, but I've had the chance to play around with d.ark's little Mama Chapp's before and they are lots of fun. I love how bendy they are!

8450151887_2e94dd76fd_n.jpg

Archangeli.net | Twitter: @MsArchangeli | YouTube: Archangeli

Innocentsake

Hihihellokitty has a Mama Chapp named April that she brought to our last meet and she is so adorable *o* Right now on the Mama Chapp site they are taking pre-orders for 2 Panda Mama Chapp girls who are so adorable. You'd have to use a proxy, but they are so cute it'd be worth it. Plus it'd be cheaper than trying to buy them afterwards when they are no longer available for order.

Maybe one day I shall own one~

Here's my Pure Neemo Kirino trying to kidnap April

6893797185_fc12c32d65.jpg

Untitled by sakura_chan15, on Flickr

@aquilla429: Your Mama Chapp girl is adorable!

• Like 1

aquilla429

The new Panda Mama Chapps are soooo cute! I want the dark hair one to be Mia's sister. Her hair is a very similar shade so I think they would look really sweet together! I imagine she would be the slightly older, protective big sis type xD

I just don't have the funds right now, but maybe one day.

My new domain and blog is now based on tumblr, you can find me at http://www.aquilla429.com

Innocentsake
The new Panda Mama Chapps are soooo cute! I want the dark hair one to be Mia's sister. Her hair is a very similar shade so I think they would look really sweet together! I imagine she would be the slightly older, protective big sis type xD

I just don't have the funds right now, but maybe one day.

I'm in the same boat when it concerns funds

Doesn't help that I keep getting items for Momoko hehe ^^ But I'm sure they'll continue coming out with even cuter girls so there will always be another chance! If I could get one of the Panda girls I would have gone with the dark haired one as well to be Kirino's sister

klein

4515762167_9bb2211840.jpg

I've got two, my intention was to eventually get all four of the main Lucky Star girls but somehow that hasn't happened yet. I love them but they are so expensive for their size

6298891632_a2df2e3dbd.jpg

My Flickr - Pullip_junk; For list of my DD see my profile

baldylox

I've got two, my intention was to eventually get all four of the main Lucky Star girls but somehow that hasn't happened yet. I love them but they are so expensive for their size

OMG those two are so friggin CUTE!!!!

I've never seen those before, thanks so much for sharing! How much are the two remaing girls going to run to complete your group?

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

klein

@baldylox- Thanks I adore them but they are so tiny (they are actually on small obitsu one is on a 22cm obitsu and the other is on a 24cm obitsu). With the conversion rate these days, if I went through a shopping service on Yahoo Japan it would probably run me about $400 or so for the last two

6298891632_a2df2e3dbd.jpg

My Flickr - Pullip_junk; For list of my DD see my profile

PrettyCranium

I have all the Lucky Star girls, and Mikuru in her video game outfit. I should try to post a picture of them. They are truly adorable.

baldylox
@baldylox- Thanks I adore them but they are so tiny (they are actually on small obitsu one is on a 22cm obitsu and the other is on a 24cm obitsu). With the conversion rate these days, if I went through a shopping service on Yahoo Japan it would probably run me about $400 or so for the last two

Ahh, thanks for the info! Those *are* tiny little girls aren't they? But the cuteness make up for their lack of size. $400 is quite a big amount for them tho. Maybe you'll get lucky and find the missing girls cheaper in the future!

I have all the Lucky Star girls, and Mikuru in her video game outfit. I should try to post a picture of them. They are truly adorable.

YES YOU DO NEED TO SHARE PICS OF THEM!

Pretty please?

Billy

PrettyCranium

I'll try to take some pics of them this weekend, Billy.

baldylox
I'll try to take some pics of them this weekend, Billy.

Hooray!

I'm such a sucker for sailor f.uku!

Billy

EDIT: What's with the "bleep" in the quotes? I can't get them out of there even tho there's nothing odd showing in the comment setup.

waha
EDIT: What's with the "bleep" in the quotes? I can't get them out of there even tho there's nothing odd showing in the comment setup.

No idea, looks fine to me in the preview...

aquilla429

Awww they're so cute, the lucky star characters are iconic and they translate to dolls so well. I totally get what you mean about the price though, they are pricey for such small dolls which is why I still only have the one myself. It's hard to fund multiple different makes of dolls when they all cost so much xD

hihihellokitty

AW the lucky star ones are so cute *w*

I love the purple haired one >u<

Yes I have one mamachapp (in Innocentsake's photo playing with her pure neemo girlie ) that I stumbled upon luckily on ebay for a decent price (as far as mamachapps go XD)...

I post links to mamachapps that have a decent price on the mamachapp flickr group from time to time ^__^

...I never buy them only because they are never the ones I am looking for, but I post them up just in case somebody else might be interested

Aquilla your mamachapp was one of the first ones I saw when I discovered them, she is so sweet >u<

smallpotato

Why are these Mama Chapp dolls so expensive for after market price? I really mean they are more expensive than Azone dolls.

Kumi
Why are these Mama Chapp dolls so expensive for after market price? I really mean they are more expensive than Azone dolls.

Probably they're made in very small runs, while Azone is more "mass produced".

4532580472_1e07d1334a_d.jpg

- I don't get it, either - says Angela - I wasn't that expensive to make at all...

Innocentsake
- I don't get it, either - says Angela - I wasn't that expensive to make at all...

Was it very hard applying the eye decals onto Angela's head? I'd be nice to build my own "Mama Chapp" since it's so much cheaper than buying an actual one~

aquilla429

I think it's mainly due to the fact that they aren't mass produced for the market, whereas Azone dolls are. With Azone dolls you can go to any store that sells Japanese figures and dolls and buy one. Azone churn out so many dolls, parts and accessories, they would be manufactured most likely in a factory where they can churn out a great number of products on a daily basis.

Things which are mass manufactured in a factory cost less to make because the the more products they make, the lower the unit price is. This is not limited to just dolls, this is standard across many industries, mass factory manufacture is cheaper then having craftsmen making things by hand.

With Mama Chapp dolls, they are only produced in limited runs and you can only buy them from the maker direct. Mama Chapp usually have stands at doll shows in Japan where you can buy their dolls or you can buy them when they come up for order on the makers website too.

I could well be wrong of course, but I believe those are the only ways to get them brand new, so it makes sense to me that they would be more expensive.

waha

I have to say Mama Chapps sure are cute, but I'd never dare to start collecting them... at least with DDs space concerns limit my spending. But something small like that?

smallpotato

I think it's mainly due to the fact that they aren't mass produced for the market, whereas Azone dolls are. With Azone dolls you can go to any store that sells Japanese figures and dolls and buy one. Azone churn out so many dolls, parts and accessories, they would be manufactured most likely in a factory where they can churn out a great number of products on a daily basis.

Things which are mass manufactured in a factory cost less to make because the the more products they make, the lower the unit price is. This is not limited to just dolls, this is standard across many industries, mass factory manufacture is cheaper then having craftsmen making things by hand.

With Mama Chapp dolls, they are only produced in limited runs and you can only buy them from the maker direct. Mama Chapp usually have stands at doll shows in Japan where you can buy their dolls or you can buy them when they come up for order on the makers website too.

I could well be wrong of course, but I believe those are the only ways to get them brand new, so it makes sense to me that they would be more expensive.

Thank you very much for the answers. I really hope this also apply to dollfie dream.

gaiaswill

I have Mama Chapp Mikuru and my sister has Kagami. They cost slightly north of $200 apiece so they are pretty hardcore for their size. O_o

Imo their faces are cuter than Azone in general. I think they prefer to use bigger heads too. Imo Kagami has a huge head especially. XD (Don't get me wrong, it works!)

I think they use Obitsu bodies but I swear they seem better made than other Obitsu bodies I bought separately - less squeaking, less falling apart. Maybe they tweak them or something?

hihihellokitty
I have Mama Chapp Mikuru and my sister has Kagami. They cost slightly north of $200 apiece so they are pretty hardcore for their size. O_o

Imo their faces are cuter than Azone in general. I think they prefer to use bigger heads too. Imo Kagami has a huge head especially. XD (Don't get me wrong, it works!)

I think they use Obitsu bodies but I swear they seem better made than other Obitsu bodies I bought separately - less squeaking, less falling apart. Maybe they tweak them or something?

LOL yes they are hardcore expensive! (One reason why I'll probably never get another one, unless I make my own like Kumi has smartly done---I didn't know about customization when I bought mine OTL)

I wish they were, I feel like its the same standard obitsu, as mine is very squeaky haha, maybe you got lucky with your body

iomi

I need mamachapps in my life ! all bcuz of this forum....

I'm so bummed I missed the last preorder, will have to wait for a new release to try again...

At home: Rina and Reina( Twins ),DD Neris,Oscar(DD Beatrice),Bunni DD Akira)Melon( DD Yuki.M)Saber Extra(x2), Toki(DD Rise), Saber Alter, Saber Lily and Kudo, Rosalie, Cirno and Kan'u,Melty, Aoko, mika(06), Rin Tohsaka

iomi

btw this picture pierced my heart ! and since I missed the preorders... I was going through Yahoo auction Japans to see how much they went for.. but then I saw Konata's mama chapp for 15,000 yen ! I COULDN'T RESIST her face is to die for, I emailed my proxy hopefully he gets her on time. she also comes with some extra goodies so I hope it's a good deal ^^'..

but goodness, mamachapps are dangerously cute, tiny and expensive~

At home: Rina and Reina( Twins ),DD Neris,Oscar(DD Beatrice),Bunni DD Akira)Melon( DD Yuki.M)Saber Extra(x2), Toki(DD Rise), Saber Alter, Saber Lily and Kudo, Rosalie, Cirno and Kan'u,Melty, Aoko, mika(06), Rin Tohsaka