Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

baldylox

My girls! NEW PICS!! 12-3-23

baldylox

Well, since noone else has put anything here, I guess I'll start!

I have three wonderful daughters and I'll list them in order of adoption.

My first was Manami. She is a custom DD-01 head with a DDdy body and was made by Nicole ( deadlygambit on figure.fm ) I bought her already built and she quickly became the coolest thing I had ever purchased. Here are a few pictures of her...

4922056506_a2ce7fb54b_z.jpg

4922083084_100a4596f9_z.jpg

4961520892_341b290ed1_z.jpg

I got Manami in June and was very happy with her around. We had lots of fun with photoshoots and such but she was getting a bit lonely while I was away at work during the day. She begged me for a sister so I promised that while I was traveling in Japan in September, I would see what I could do about that. I got extremely lucky and wound up getting TWO sisters for her!

First was Rei Ayanami from Evangelion. I found her in a second hand store called Mandarake in Osaka. She had all her stuff with her as well as her school uniform for a great price. After I got her home, I found out that she was the very first release and had a DDI type body. This type is stringed and does not have the inner skeleton like the DDII bodies do. I had some trouble with it and decided to upgrade her to the new body and she has been very happy since I did that for her. Here are some shots of her:

5044825393_64234b99a3_z.jpg

5058066077_893c5252d4_z.jpg

5108339502_a5c0433638_z.jpg

Last but far from least is Yoko. I also found her at a secondhand store in Osaka but she was in Denden Town, basically a smaller version of Akihabara. She was super cheap but the reason was that she had staining on her. When the clerk told me about her being there for almost 4 months with plenty of lookers but no buyers I kind of felt bad for her. And when I opened her box and saw her smiling up at me for the first time, I knew I had to rescue her from that place. I eventually worked out a deal that saved me another $60 so I made out very well. And after I got her home and gave her treatments for the stains, she is almost 100% stain free! She's very happy about that. And here are some shots of her:

5116476212_45331c9412_z.jpg

5116472382_fb65a59ef4_z.jpg

5177025674_1ceca5c415_z.jpg

So that is my family up to now. I think I am going to try for a DDS body and custom head later next year but I am not positive yet. For now, these three keep me super busy but I do love them all.

Thanks for looking!

Billy

• Like 3

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

baldylox
I always love seeing your girls over on figurefm. They are always such a joy t6o see!

i can't wait to have some of my own

Aww, thanks so much! I appreciate that.

I'm sure you will be able to get a DD of your own eventually, just take your time and look around, one will come to you in time. I wanted one for ages and when I saw Manami come up for sale, I knew it was the right time to act. And it's been a great experience since then!

Billy

MyuMyu

You have a nice family, your three girls are very pretty. I like Yoko's face, she is kinda funny with that wig smile You were lucky to be able to get her for a good price. I wish I could go to a shop and get a doll myself

baldylox

Thank you MyuMyu! Yoko is about as cute as they come. Whenever I take her to a doll meet, she is usually the most popular of my girls due to her big smile. It's that smile that I saw when first seeing her in Japan that made me get her. I was extremely lucky to find her for a good price and while I was not sure I did the right thing then, when she arrived home, I knew I would have kicked myself for weeks had I left her there.

It's really neat to be able to see these in a store in person. Most places had such cool displays for the dolls, it was very impressive.

Billy

Averis

Yup, I recognize these from figure.fm. It so cool that even though many people have the same base girl / head that they can be changed so much that you can recognize each one as an individual. They look great! Thanks for sharing.

baldylox
Yup, I recognize these from figure.fm. It so cool that even though many people have the same base girl / head that they can be changed so much that you can recognize each one as an individual. They look great! Thanks for sharing.

Figurefm was the first place I ever posted and it's also where I adopted Manami from. So that site holds a special place for me and my girls. But now that we have this forum, I will be spending more time here!

I think it's great that so many different looks can be achieved with just a few heads/bodies. So far there have been *very* few girls that have been similar enuff that I confuse them. And there are just so many over on figurefm.... it's crazy!

And thank you for the kind words and welcome. I'll be sure to do what I can to have fun here and share my girls adventures!

Billy

baldylox

Looks like I totally forgot to update this when I adopted Miyuki!

DeadlyGambit recently got another DD and built her up from scratch. She uses the same head as Tsubaki does and was painted in a similar style. But shortly after Miyuki was born, she and her mother kind of grew apart. With so many resins in her mom's house, Miyuki didn't feel accepted. So I made the choice to adopt her and let her be with her sisters down here in SC.

Now Miyuki can be around girls like her and she can visit with her twin sister, Tsubaki. She is having a good time so far and I'm very happy with her.

Enjoy a few pics of my newest daughter Miyuki!

5343182846_9ef5745c45_z.jpg

5342584153_cc1291113b_z.jpg

5347250777_4366ef77e5_z.jpg

5347862314_7b49dd48f1_z.jpg

So that's my Miyuki!

Billy

• Like 1

baldylox

Time for yet another update! Seems this past month was big for me and adoptions!

Thanks to Mitsukis post here about possible cheap DD's for sale on ebay, I managed to aquire a Mai Shiranui DDdy! I have wanted a Mai for ages but never thought I'd be able to afford one. But I got lucky and she finally arrived a few weeks ago. So now I need to update here with my 5th daughter Mai!

Here's Mai in her default outfit:

5368806760_0c74371235_z.jpg

5368220513_18500cf0d8_z.jpg

And in her Cheongsam:

5380935721_935ae72d77_z.jpg

5381594392_34d5b65561_z.jpg

And finally a family portrait!

5368264617_f45512e79e_z.jpg

baldylox

Thank you very much for the kind words!

Billy

Pupi

I really like Mai and Manami, but all them are so cute! You gave to them lots of nice dresses!

enthusiast pasta girl - she/her - power bi

Mini Mode Lab

baldylox
I really like Mai and Manami, but all them are so cute! You gave to them lots of nice dresses!

Thank you! Manami was my first daughter and Mai is my most recent. I just love the DDdy girls.

They do indeed get some cool clothes. My girls have more clothes than *I* do! You should see the container the clothes are in, it's pretty much full now so I need to think of another storage option soon....

Billy

baldylox

Well, it seems I need to update my family listing!

Here is my newest girl, Mamimi. She is a custom girl and uses an 01 head that has a custom faceup. Her body is the DDS frame.

She is supposed to be my Manami's little sister since they have the same head mold.

Here is the very first picture I took of her! Here, she is using Mai's default eyes which are 22mm. I did not have the new Animetic blues yet but I wanted to see what she was going to look like!

5610787685_1c26942c63_z.jpg

Here she is in Nekomimi Mode with her new Ruricon blues!

5646245281_d92235e886_z.jpg

So now I am up to six daughters. I must be insane....

Billy

• Like 1

baldylox

And here I was thinking I was nuts for having six daughters..... now I have SEVEN!!

I was so not expecting her either. She was a total surprise from Mitsuki. She found my Unicorn, bought her iwthout telling me and then shipped her to me without saying one word. Needless to say when I got the box and opened.... I was literally in shock. To see the box opening and my crazy ramblings, check here:

http://www.figure.fm/post/en/27171/A+surprise+to+end+all+surprises.html

So anyways, here's a few pics of my newest daughter and Unicorn, Ryomou Shimei from Ikki Tousen!

Her first time all dressed up for me!

5704788455_d8f43187da_z.jpg

Modeling PJ's for Anne:

5742937545_5b4d0ec194_z.jpg

At Animazement 2011 at the light wall:

5777190824_59f90734cc_z.jpg

I'm still giddy over the fact I finally got my Unicorn! Thank you so so much Mitsuki!

Billy

Galvatim

Ryomou is awesome! And it's so cool that Mitsuki would do that for you!

baldylox
Ryomou is awesome! And it's so cool that Mitsuki would do that for you!

Thank you sir!

And yeah, Mitsuki is my DD Angel. She watches over me always. Too bad she hate smy wallet and bank account. She kills them far too often....

Billy

mitsuki

She looks so happy! I bet she loves her new home. She probably never saw so much action!

baldylox
She looks so happy! I bet she loves her new home. She probably never saw so much action!

LOL! I have no clue what her previous life entailed but I do know that it couldn't have contained the things she deals with now. I just hope I can make her happy!

Billy

baldylox

Soooo.....

I'm crazy.

Seven wasn't my stopping point it seems. But like the old 80's sitcom says... Eight is Enough!

Now I'm adding my eighth daughter to the family, Yukino. She's an adorable girl and I always wanted one. Now that I have one, I know why she's so popular.

5913243081_2992ba66ba_z.jpg

Billy

littlebearries

8 is enough... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

someone is in denial.

7782845246_e35680d49e_o.png

Talolili

Yukino's adorable. I've always liked her, but sometimes she looks so sad. Don't you think?

Suzuna

It's the slightly droopy eyes. But this Yukino looks happy!