Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

OtakuDepot

What is your limit?

OtakuDepot
I predict an Aoi on the way in your near future. (This is me enabling you from the past)

Haha. I can let you know the enabling your doing is having it's effect. For some silly reason I was thinking how I needed to get some more Oil Spray for my girls and if I was already ordering from Volks, why not just add Aoi? What am I thinking?

Otaku Depot's growing family.

6176759571_b2375fa7d7_o.jpg

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

Galvatim
I predict an Aoi on the way in your near future. (This is me enabling you from the past)

Haha. I can let you know the enabling your doing is having it's effect. For some silly reason I was thinking how I needed to get some more Oil Spray for my girls and if I was already ordering from Volks, why not just add Aoi? What am I thinking?

You are thinking about how cute Sakura would look with Aoi?

5661547719_e8d1135ea6.jpg

006 by galvatim, on Flickr

Till Troll

I thought my limit would be only one: I already had an Obitsu Haruka that I made cosplays for, and Meade was meant for those characters in anime blessed with large tracts of land. But then I started to find myself window shopping on the Volks International site, and designing new face ups, or trying to adapt the stock heads to different characters I liked. So when Chandra came up on Ebay, I fell in love with her head mold and snapped her up!

So now I am trying to convince myself my limit is 2 Obitsu and 2 DD. But then I see cute characters I can't make cosplay for because both Meade and Chandra are both on the bountiful side. And a little voice in my head is going "wouldn't a DDS body be perfect for school girl anime cosplays? Washu? Lina Inverse?"...

And recently I've been really tempted to get a DII body and spare skin, and dye her a deep tan/brow. So I have a feeling my limit is going to rise... just trying to make myself wait until the DDS body becomes stock or they announce a redesign based on the DDS improvements...

For now, shall we say my limit is 4 DD? And that I have some catching up to do!

baldylox

You're being smart and thrifty, that's what! Save on shipping from them, very smart. Plus you will soon be getting a lump of money that will almost pay for an Aoi anyways. Unless I decide I don't like said item and ship it back to you.... which I don't see happening.

So yes, Jun97 is correct. Get Aoi now and be done with it so you can save your money. And when you upgrade her to a DDdy, I'll be there to help for my sisters body swap on Tsubaki! You win in so many ways....

And Galvatim, while you're helping us by showing that great pic of Sakura and Aoi together, you're still not getting any of our enabling points.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Lizik-chan
Nobody told me that Dollfie Dreams were like vinyl CRACK!!!

Heh… if anybody would tell me this earlier... I would still go into this

When I was into Dollfie Dream I had many BJD already. And I knew pretty well that no matter what my intentions are I won’t stop with only one girl. But I’ve tried very hard not to be that honest. So at first I was telling myself and everybody “only this one”. And for about half a year I had only my Haru (bought from DOA) and didn’t even try to browse potentially dangerous sites.

And as many others here have mentioned already I thought that having the second girl would be too pricy. But then I got my Alna (from DOA as well) and together with that I’ve preordered Azone Mikuru Asahina as she stole my heart completely. From that moment I knew that my only stop-factors are “hard-to-get” and “price” and that I most probably would think about more girls anyway.

Recently I’ve seen Airy and Nellis and it was love from first sight. And soon (I hope actually next week) they both would be home with me. So that would make me the proud keeper of 4 DD and a cute little sister of them. But to be honest right now I’m performing very extensive YJ hunting for a couple of girls from my wishlist. So to be honest I expect to have SIX girls with me within a couple of months. That’s ok as Alna wants to have a real girl band to perform with and I find this idea amazing. I would even try to sew them stage costumes (though I’m a poor seamstress). The only trouble is to find 1/3 scale Drums and Synth.

I had to admit that being a part of this relaxing community acts like a very strong enabler to me as well. I would probably even didn’t get Airy and Nellis without being at this forum (I’ve entered the lottery only because of detailed instructions by Otakudepot). So thanks to all of you guys for this vinyl CRACK

But to be serious I would really try to stop with maximum of 8. They say that 7-8 is the optimal number for any tight group. And from my experience with BJD (and with real people as well) I know this is very true.

mitsuki
You are thinking about how cute Sakura would look with Aoi?

5661547719_e8d1135ea6.jpg

006 by galvatim, on Flickr

That is so cute!!! I love this photo!

OtakuDepot

So yes, Jun97 is correct. Get Aoi now and be done with it so you can save your money.

I'm not 100% sure how this logic works but you make it seem very tempting. Spend over $400 to save money? Hmmmm, it sure sounds good.

Galvatim, your picture of Aoi and Sakura together isn't making this any easier. haha I love that cute sweater Sakura has on, it makes her even more cuddly.

Recently I’ve seen Airy and Nellis and it was love from first sight. And soon (I hope actually next week) they both would be home with me. So that would make me the proud keeper of 4 DD and a cute little sister of them.

Congratulations Lizik-chan!!! It sounds like you may have a very exciting month coming up with so many new DDs coming your way. I know your going to love Neris, she's a real sweetheart. I hear the same about Airy as well.

**James

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

otakusan

I didn't plan this... they just sort of "showed up" at my door... really they did... can't say no right... that's just so mean...

mitsuki

I am with Otakusan! He is absolutely right. You can't say no.

Kuraikawai

When I got Nia (she was my brthday present), i had to promise I wouldn't get more because they were too expensive,,,but then I started to sew.... I had to have at least one of each size, to be able to make clothes for all types of bodies! Hahahaha...well that is my limit. right now I have Nia with M bust, Saku with L bust, and I will buy a DDdy body for Mai. still need a MDD and a DDS...so I still ahve room for 2 girls! Yay!..hahahaha. My family thoughts I was crazy...now they are starting to understand it xD

murasaki-chan-header-RGB-small1.jpg

Family: Nia, Sakura, Mai, Ringo (Reimu) , Fate, Yuzuriha Inori (custom DDH06), Reira (Beato), Saya (Alter), Maya (Extra)! and Aika (Ryomou)

OtakuDepot
,,,but then I started to sew.... I had to have at least one of each size, to be able to make clothes for all types of bodies! Hahahaha...

Just think if they come out with a DDS style replacement for the DDII and DDdy, you will have 2 more you can get as well!!!

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

Kuraikawai
,,,but then I started to sew.... I had to have at least one of each size, to be able to make clothes for all types of bodies! Hahahaha...

Just think if they come out with a DDS style replacement for the DDII and DDdy, you will have 2 more you can get as well!!!

haha, true true^^

murasaki-chan-header-RGB-small1.jpg

Family: Nia, Sakura, Mai, Ringo (Reimu) , Fate, Yuzuriha Inori (custom DDH06), Reira (Beato), Saya (Alter), Maya (Extra)! and Aika (Ryomou)

Pacino_83

There is alot of DD that I do admire but I think I'll stick to my wishlist first. Also depends on Volks. If Volks put out a girl that I like, she somehow ends up on my wishlist.

Parting with my lovely ladies.

iomi

since i've just joined the DD hobby and i haven't received my first two DDs, I still have an idea of how I want to carry on with this, because i also collect figures at the same time heh.

for me , limit is funding the hobby and making space for it. these are the most important elements for me to know my "limit" lol. for figurines, i buy what I like ( depending on series , line and manufacturer ). it's gonna be a year on October that i started collecting figurines and i got 210 so far, but lately i felt i do need to limit myself. getting introduced to DD is going to change , well it's already changed lol. I got two DDs in a month but I know it's gonna be different. I don't expect myself to buy 20 or 15 right away lol. I'd rather enjoy it with two for now and as the time comes ( whenever Volks introduces new DD characters) I might get another one if I get attached to it Xp'. I'm glad my wishlist for DDs aren't as long as many owners here, so I think I can stay on the safe side lol

Basically, my limit for DD at least is buying one that I like, so I'm not worried about how many i'll be getting in the long run ^^'

At home: Rina and Reina( Twins ),DD Neris,Oscar(DD Beatrice),Bunni DD Akira)Melon( DD Yuki.M)Saber Extra(x2), Toki(DD Rise), Saber Alter, Saber Lily and Kudo, Rosalie, Cirno and Kan'u,Melty, Aoko, mika(06), Rin Tohsaka

Zukin

Well now that I'm kinda getting out of my resin kids, I'm probably going to collect more Dollfie Dreams.

I've already sold several of my resin dolls to start a savings for Dollfie Dreams.

We'll see how it goes though...

I don't think I'll set a limit for myself, but I imagine that my girls will come in slowly since they're kinda expensive. XD

DefectiveAngel

I really don't want to set a limit for myself. But after my recent arrival Sakura Matou, it will be a while before I purchase any more. Unless Volks would create a girl I absolutely must have, I'll stick with my four for now. Plus this will allow me to focus and give my current four angels more attention. ^_^

PlasticFantastic
I really don't want to set a limit for myself. But after my recent arrival Sakura Matou, it will be a while before I purchase any more. Unless Volks would create a girl I absolutely must have, I'll stick with my four for now. Plus this will allow me to focus and give my current four angels more attention. ^_^

By attention do you mean clothes and shoes? Because that's what my girls like to bother me about ^^;

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

Please visit my YouTube channel for helpful DD tips, tutorials, and reviews!

DefectiveAngel

By attention do you mean clothes and shoes? Because that's what my girls like to bother me about ^^;

Hahahaha you totally guessed it. Attention equals money to get them more things. I feel that my current 4 still need to be showered in gifts of clothing and shoes. If I would keep bringing in sisters for them, there is no way any of them could be properly spoiled and pampered with these gifts. ^_^

PlasticFantastic
Hahahaha you totally guessed it. Attention equals money to get them more things. I feel that my current 4 still need to be showered in gifts of clothing and shoes. If I would keep bringing in sisters for them, there is no way any of them could be properly spoiled and pampered with these gifts. ^_^

My four girls bother me about needing more clothing and some new shoes - but they're patient as they know they have new siblings on the way!

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

Kyokohunter

At the moment, I'm just going to be sticking with my one Mini Dollfie Dream, Akane! At some point in the future I may get another, probably based on the DDS body, but I want to make sure I can give Akane as much attention as possible - especially as it takes ages for me to make clothes for her!

My blog at Kyokohunter.net - Japan, figures and everything.

PlasticFantastic
At the moment, I'm just going to be sticking with my one Mini Dollfie Dream, Akane! At some point in the future I may get another, probably based on the DDS body, but I want to make sure I can give Akane as much attention as possible - especially as it takes ages for me to make clothes for her!

Soon the Dollfie mania will grab a firm hold of you and before you know it Akane will have many new sisters! ^_^

According to Baldylox all of his girls are really just gifts to Manami, his first DD! I feel like all my girls are like presents for Elle so she has someone to play with :3

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

baldylox
According to Baldylox all of his girls are really just gifts to Manami, his first DD!

Now hold up just a second! I think that was mentioned before only as an excuse for my feeling bad about not spoiling Manami like I used to. Looking at her sisters as "gifts" seems kind of demeaning to them!

But I guess you could still say that's true.... everything up til now is all due to my adopting Manami in the first place. Her first 2 sisters, Rei and Yoko, *were* actually presents for her since she had begged me for so long to get her a sister to play with.

I guess it's all in the way you percive it.

Billy

• Like 1

PlasticFantastic
According to Baldylox all of his girls are really just gifts to Manami, his first DD!

Now hold up just a second! I think that was mentioned before only as an excuse for my feeling bad about not spoiling Manami like I used to. Looking at her sisters as "gifts" seems kind of demeaning to them!

But I guess you could still say that's true.... everything up til now is all due to my adopting Manami in the first place. Her first 2 sisters, Rei and Yoko, *were* actually presents for her since she had begged me for so long to get her a sister to play with.

I guess it's all in the way you percive it.

Billy

You know I didn't mean it in any negative light! All your girls are wonderful and special ^_^

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

baldylox
You know I didn't mean it in any negative light! All your girls are wonderful and special ^_^

Oh I know. I'm just giving you grief, that's all! It's what friends do.....

Billy

PlasticFantastic
Oh I know. I'm just giving you grief, that's all! It's what friends do.....

Billy

Haha is it ever :3 It'd be weird if you didn't razz me at any chance you got!

DDForum-Signature3.jpg