Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

OtakuDepot

What is your limit?

PrettyCranium

Wait, Billy -- you got an number 10???? Did I miss something?

baldylox

Yes. Yes you did.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=899

I actually had 8 girls and just adopted numbers 9 and 10. A nice even number.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

AerisAquata

Wowzers. Yeah, five seems to be a good limit for me.

PrettyCranium

Yes. Yes you did.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=899

I actually had 8 girls and just adopted numbers 9 and 10. A nice even number.

Billy

OMG, congrats! They are really cute and so much like my DDs, Mikuru and Sayomi! I'm so glad they came to your home.

But -- now, in one fell swoop, you have beaten my DD count! It's a good thing I'm not competitive!

Yay again!

baldylox
OMG, congrats! They are really cute and so much like my DDs, Mikuru and Sayomi! I'm so glad they came to your home. But -- now, in one fell swoop, you have beaten my DD count! It's a good thing I'm not competitive! Yay again!

Yep! They are very similar to your girls! Salica made me a deal I could not turn down so I had to adopt them both. And didn't I tell you to be careful about asking for stuff? You had mentioned that I should try and keep up with you.... now who needs to keep up?

You only need one more to tie me so go ahead and get one. It's fine. I'm not competitive on this either.... much.

Billy

PrettyCranium
OMG, congrats! They are really cute and so much like my DDs, Mikuru and Sayomi! I'm so glad they came to your home. But -- now, in one fell swoop, you have beaten my DD count! It's a good thing I'm not competitive! Yay again!

Yep! They are very similar to your girls! Salica made me a deal I could not turn down so I had to adopt them both. And didn't I tell you to be careful about asking for stuff? You had mentioned that I should try and keep up with you.... now who needs to keep up?

You only need one more to tie me so go ahead and get one. It's fine. I'm not competitive on this either.... much.

Billy

Tamaki has wiped out my DD funds for now, I'm afraid. Though I still don't have a DDdy, how odd is that?

Mikuru and Sayomi are happy that their cousins are at your house!

baldylox
Tamaki has wiped out my DD funds for now, I'm afraid. Though I still don't have a DDdy, how odd is that?

Oh I am sure she did! But I'm also sure she was well worth it. And how can you not have a DDdy girl? BLASPHEMY!

Mikuru and Sayomi are happy that their cousins are at your house!

Awww! That's too cute! Please let your girls know that thier cousins are safe and sound and will be making more appearences soon!

Billy

Averis

I think 5 would be a nice number. I have my 2 new girls right now that I adore (and 2 resin girls), but I also have ideas for DDS twins (yeah right!) and maybe a DDdy. So that would make 5 DDs. For now I plan on spoiling the girls I have for a while since I'm too broke for new ones.

Suzuna

Baldy has taught me to not even try and put a limit on these things. If I can manage to afford it and a girl calls to me, she will be bought!

baldylox
Baldy has taught me to not even try and put a limit on these things. If I can manage to afford it and a girl calls to me, she will be bought!

Ha ha! Even tho I try to limit myself, it never works out! How else would I now be up to ten DD's? I can't help it if one of them calls to me. I can't question DD Fate!

I appreciate you saying I taught you anything but whether or not I did is irrelavant. The fact that you "feel" a certain way when seeing a girl up for adoption is wonderful. To me, that's a big part of this hobby.... having that connection to the DD's. Without it, I wouldn't have nearly as many girls as I do and I also wouldn't have nearly as much fun as I do.

Billy

TakamuraYui

I feel like if I had the money I would probably buy Sasara, Natsuki, Yuki.....

But, unfortunately I don't

I just bought a MDD head with make-up from JYA for about 18000 yen.

That means I need to buy the body and clothes =-=

Still have to pay a lot of money...

Hopefully I have enough...

OtakuDepot
Ha ha! Even tho I try to limit myself, it never works out! How else would I now be up to ten DD's? I can't help it if one of them calls to me. I can't question DD Fate!

What's that Billy? Did you just say your going after DD Fate?

yhst-70052297082953_2167_20509792

Wow, girl #11 so soon!!!! Yea!!!

hehe - kidding.

Otaku Depot's growing family.

6176759571_b2375fa7d7_o.jpg

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

Galvatim

I think I'll take a break until next year after my 11th. ...Unless Volks releases one of my must have characters.

If Billy adopts Fate, he'll have to get Nanoha too. It wouldn't be right to separate them.

baldylox

Wow, DD Fate is quite the cutie! I'm not a huge fan of her default setup but her face is really pretty.

Wait a minute! You two are tag team enabling!!

STOP THAT!

Billy

• Haha 1

DivinitaAria

I believe in no limits on dolls XP Buy as many that makes you happy! But I'm actually pretty content with one.

I need to put some money aside though for LE releases though in cause Volks comes out with a must have DD.

Argh, if I could, I'd buy Nia, Yui, Yoko, Marisa, Asuka...

Rise- DD Rise | Mariska? - DD01 |Momo/Momoko - DD MOMO | Nayuki - DD Mikuru | Shiori???? - DD Kos Mos

Wishlist:MDD Louise, DD Rise, MDD Maria

OtakuDepot
Wow, DD Fate is quite the cutie! I'm not a huge fan of her default setup but her face is really pretty.

Wait a minute! You two are tag team enabling!!

STOP THAT!

Billy

hahaha - had to try!

**James.

Otaku Depot's growing family.

6176759571_b2375fa7d7_o.jpg

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

Pacino_83

I think ten, would be my limit. :3 Not including the ones I have now.

Parting with my lovely ladies.

MikoAkiko23

For now my limit is two...the two custom daughters I'm going to make but then again I want Yoko, Mai, and Sasara so bad so I might end up with more XDD

Check out my Flickr account for pics of my random artwork: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikoakiko23/sets/72157627987461066/

Hopefully I should have pics of a first daughter by next year ^^

chibinezumi

I don't know! I still would like to add DDdy body and DDS body. I have 4 complete girls currently.

Tensei

I'll probably cap myself at three. I have two Dollfies as is, and it's hard dividing my attention between them- Doesn't leave much time for myself.

carmen171

I have noticed that in this hobby it is very difficult to say okay "this is my limit" becuase there is always something new coming around the corner. Taking from my experience with my SD's if you have too many them some will get negelcted. When I got into DD's this year, I had to sell off quite a bit of SD's to afford all my new daughters. That said, I now have my SD collection where I want it. My DD family is perfect right now with only two that I really want but doubfully will ever obtain...so right now I am content, but we don't know what is in store for us in the upcoming Dolpa Dec 18th yet.......

Daughters~Mai,Ryomou,Kanu,Moe2,Yukino,HH02,Yoko,Marisa,Escalayer,Ms. Mariko,Lucy,Saber Xtra,Saber Alter,Rise,Sasara,Alna,Akira,H05,Mayu

animal.jpg

Waiting~Natsuki2,Melty,Aoko

Till Troll

Since I got my two DDs and my Obitsu-frankendoll, I've found I've neglected my other obitsu who isn't anime styled. However, the DDH-06 really calls to me: I've been wondering whether, by modding the eyes and with her neutral smile, she might be really good for some older anime cosplays... but I don't make enough cosplays for my current dolls as it is. I'd really love to increase my limit to 6, add Naga and Lina chibi super deformed MDDs, and a DDS/DDIII or two with the DDH-06 and DDH-04 head, but worry I'll neglect my current girls even more than I do at the moment. :s

aeris

I have the same feeling than Carmen171.

When my last package had arrived, with 2 dolls, I have had this strange feeling : OMG I have too much dolls. How can I take care of all these?

I was so hesitant with the Sabers preorder because of this. Another girl? Would it be okay or will I neglige some others?

I currently have 9 dolls including Megan and resin girls : 2 YoSD, 2SD, one SDGr, 4 DD. And a DD body without head too

I hope to add ( at least ) Kudo and Tamaki. so 11 dolls min

I really hope it will be my limit. But it is so difficult to resist!

Home : Hitomi, Kaori, Lily, Natsuki, Kotori, Yui, Kagami, , Maya, Hana

pandacornn

I don't think I would ever get more than 10 dolls. Even 10 sounds like a ridiculous amount for me. I'm a college student and I move back home every summer so it would pretty crazy for me to transport 10 dolls all the time OTL

I also probably wouldn't be able to afford 10 in the first place and I think I would feel pretty bad to have 10 because my attention would not be distributed evenly amongst my girls.

If I ever were to get 10 girls, I'm sure that a good amount of them would stay in the box or would need rehoming.

So I suppose a more realistic limit would be around 5 dolls. ^ ^

In reality, I think I will stop when I have one of my grail dolls. Life would feel complete then -w-;

sig.jpg

archangeli

Hmm, this is a bit of a touchy subject and I hope I don't offend anyone with my 2 cents.

Hubby had this conversation once - and basically what we decided was that if and when Volks opens up a production facility in China (or India, Vietnam, Bangladesh... wherever....), THAT will be the day we stop.

I love collecting DD's because of their aesthetic, the quality of the dolls, clothes & accessories, the great customer service and Volk's appreciation of their customer base with events like Dolpa's. I like that everything is made in Japan - even if that means limited quantities. If I have a problem (and I have had a couple of weird ones...) they do what they can to fix it. If and ever (and I sincerely hope that it is NEVER!) they move to expand their profits by cheaping out and opening an offshore site it be their downfall.

Take Soom for example - they are a well-know resin BJD company was based out of Korea they are still known for their beautiful dolls, but as soon as they opened a facility in China to do their resin casts, counterfeits entered the market. Will I ever buy a 2nd-hand Soom doll now? Unless it's a fullset with box and paperwork, not likely. At least if I decide to shell out $$$$ in a 2nd-hand DD like Yuki, Tamaki, Rin Tosaka, etc. I can rest assured that I'm getting the genuine article because at this moment, there aren't any DD counterfeits on the market (only unscrupulous sellers over-charging, but that's another issue )

I'm convinced that as soon as production moves out of Japan, quality will deteriorate, counterfeits will follow, and that will be the day I stop.

I don't want to set a limit to myself saying "I'll stop when I have 10, 15 or 40" - as long as I still like the dolls and have space to display them, and can afford them, I don't want to be limited by a number. That's like saying "I'm going to be a famous songwriter by the time I'm 22, married by 25, live in a mansion by 26 and have 4 kids before I'm 30." (<-- not my life goals btw... ) I started into this hobby in Feb this year, and I have 8 dolls (resin and DD combined), I've pre-ordered the 2 new Sabers and I am definitely slowing down now. I won't set a definite number as to when I'll stop - I'll leave that up to Volks

8450151887_2e94dd76fd_n.jpg

Archangeli.net | Twitter: @MsArchangeli | YouTube: Archangeli