Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

OtakuDepot

What is your limit?

Meep

Right now, I only want one - or mayyybe two. (It occurred to me the other day that I think a couple would be really fun to have~ They could pose cutely together.)

When I collected resin BJDs, I had only one from 2004-2009, then bought my second in 2009, and a third in 2010. (The third still doesn't have a face-up, though. >_<) I've never been able to afford to buy many, or even for them to have a lot of things… so for now just one girl (or mayyyybe two) will be enough for me, I think. I'd rather be able to spoil her (them?) as much as possible than have more dolls who don't get as much time and attention as they should…

Jezatron

I never saw myself having more than one... but then I bought Yoko rather than the DoD E-an I had been saving for XD

Now I have 9 DDs, and 3 resin girls, plus a floating DD and resin head. I think I am just about at my limit, I am considering re homing a couple of my girls to make room for new/planned acquisitions.

I do worry that if I just relentlessly add to my family they will stop being special. As it is I don't have much time to take them out for photos, and I don't tend to change their outfits very often, I don't want to get to a point where I have so many that I won't be playing with one of them for months on end.

I do think however, if my cirbleepstances were to change, if I were to move somewhere with more space, or to have a room that wasn't such a mess so I could do some nicer photos indoors, then I would feel happy to increase the size of my family again.

Fingers crossed I sort out getting a new place soon XD

Twitter: JezatronExtra Flickr: Jezatron

Innocentsake

I tried to think of the ideal number for what my limit would be on these beautiful girls, but could not think of one for the life of me! I'll soon have Saber and I definitely want to build a custom DD or MDD later down the line. There are a few past released girls that are beautiful, but I'm not sure I could ever attain them (it would depend on price and my current situation at the time). Any future Character DDs I purchase will have to be ones I just absolutely fall in love with like I did with Saber Extra.

Though I have to admit it is hard not to fall in love with all of them because they all have something that make them unique and just hard to resist! So for now I have no set number So long as I can afford them and have room for them they will be welcome in my home

LordNoir

As a long time resin collector with currently 13 resins, 1 lovely DD, a floating head and 4 DD gals soon to be on the way, I know I will be approaching my limit soon, particularly with resins. I have plans for 2 more resins ( pre-planned characters) and may be soon selling one resin to be remade into a vinyl later.

I don't worry too much about lack of attention in my household. My resins get photostories for DoA and my vinyls get photostories for here and figure.fm, so all of them get a chance to be posted up somewhere. Not to mention my local collectors group loves to spoil my dolls rotten with attention all the time, so no worries there. XD

The Boyfriend worries about space issues, but luckily I have a nice large area for my crew to remain in when not out for photoshoots, and I only have it half-way full currently ( most of my resins are small, so not much room being taken up.) However, I doubt I will completely fill it up. After I get my 2 planned resins, I may take a break from the new for awhile and spend extra time/money into spoiling, sets and props with the occasional new vinyl coming in.

A crazy fool with a house full of dolls, and ponies, and pony dolls

Now an Official Dealer for SQ Lab!

Poofiemus

I've seen too many posts about people's limit getting totally shattered to claim to have one in regards to number. XD I may however have a limit on adoption rate. I really want to have enough time between adoptions to get to know every girl who comes in, so I want a two or three month gap minimum between them, preferably more like six months. This is probably a good thing, since it also means my wallet will get a bigger breather.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

AlmySidaKay

I keep just trying to tell myself, only bring one home at at time, but lately they always seem to come in pairs. I also keep trying to tell myself that I'm never going to have more then 10 dolliehs but... we shall see. >.<;

A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. Do whatever pleases you in this hobby, because otherwise, why do it at all?

Pumpkins

Yep! I already know that I will have a DD (shes already on her way!), an MDD (with 04 head, too cute), and a DDdy (for the smexyness). And then I will probably stop right there. I already have 3 resin girls so I can't let my doll family get TOO big >.

We saw the world as children

The field filled with light

When did we stop believing

The things before our sight?

OtakuDepot

I'm just a little past my 1 year mark and somehow managed to have adopted 10 girls already. Plus I have both Sabers on the way next year. I still can't say I have a limit but I think I am being more selective about what I will get in the future, at least till I get more room for them.

**James.

Otaku Depot's growing family.

6176759571_b2375fa7d7_o.jpg

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

LoveAngel
Right now, I only want one - or mayyybe two. (It occurred to me the other day that I think a couple would be really fun to have~ They could pose cutely together.)

When I collected resin BJDs, I had only one from 2004-2009, then bought my second in 2009, and a third in 2010. (The third still doesn't have a face-up, though. >_<) I've never been able to afford to buy many, or even for them to have a lot of things… so for now just one girl (or mayyyybe two) will be enough for me, I think. I'd rather be able to spoil her (them?) as much as possible than have more dolls who don't get as much time and attention as they should…

I think like you too.

Of course, that said, I still don't even have mine at home yet. Time can change things. I may feel like giving Yukino-chan a sister. Who knows?

Anyways, I will stick with one for some time and that is for sure.

Wordpress - Twitter - Facebook

Proud mother of Yukino-chan, Aoi-chan, Ms. Mariko and Millhiore F. Biscotti.

Waiting for : $$$

Wishlist : Miku Hatsune costume

Suzuna

My ideal would be 3 girls - one DDII, one DDIII, and one MDD who eventually "grows up" into a DDS. As for putting a limit... I'm just not gonna do that. When a girl calls, she calls!

When my fiance and I move out into our own place and get married (only happening after we BOTH have steady jobs), I plan to turn one of the guest rooms into "the doll room". It will be glorious, and then I'll have no limit on dolls whatsoever.

DefectiveAngel

Five seems to be pretty ideal for me at this current time. I feel that with this number I am still able to give each girl equal attention and have enough money to still supply them with clothes and accessories.

Also the fact that I bought all 5 fairly close together it really did some real damage to my bank account. T_T I'm not going to leave out the possibilty for a 6th girl or even beyond. I absolutely love this hobby so much and the girls really mean something to me. Plus there are still several girls I would love to be able to add to my DD family. But any additions will not be for a very long time.

TheParadisePanda

To be honest I only planned on having one dollfie dream (it was really all I could afford) Then I came across an awesome deal on a body that there was no way I could pass it up and now I have two girls It was kind of a once in a lifetime thing with that body though, so I probably wont be getting another girl for a pretty long while. I'm going to try to focus on clothing all my dolls and completing their looks now rather then try to save up for another doll

Usaii

I also honestly just wanted one DD. In fact I didn't plan on getting a DD, but rather a MSD. After seeing pandacornn get one I wanted to get one too. >o<;; And at the time it was when Akira was up for lottery. She was suppose to be my one and only DD, but I ended up getting a Yui head and got an extra body before Akira came here. I maaaaay sell her if I don't like her when she gets here. Not sure yet~

I'm telling myself that this is my "limit" and I'm hoping I won't be too pulled into buying more because it's so pricey. (Family also doesn't really appreciate me having DD's either) I think my max would be 3, but that third one would have to be a Rina. -w-;; So for now I'm at my limit~

DefectiveAngel
I also honestly just wanted one DD. In fact I didn't plan on getting a DD, but rather a MSD. After seeing pandacornn get one I wanted to get one too. >o<;; And at the time it was when Akira was up for lottery. She was suppose to be my one and only DD, but I ended up getting a Yui head and got an extra body before Akira came here. I maaaaay sell her if I don't like her when she gets here. Not sure yet~

I'm telling myself that this is my "limit" and I'm hoping I won't be too pulled into buying more because it's so pricey. (Family also doesn't really appreciate me having DD's either) I think my max would be 3, but that third one would have to be a Rina. -w-;; So for now I'm at my limit~

I really hope that you will be able to get Rina one of these days. She is a very beautiful girl with a stunning face, especially in person. If you are going to use her as a stopping point she would be a good one to fill your limit since she does have such a wonderful face sculpt.

I actually felt the same way when I first started that I was only going to have one and only one. But several unplanned adoptions later here I am at 5. But like I stated in my previous post 5 is my current limit and there is just no way I could buy another girl right now.

Usaii

I really hope that you will be able to get Rina one of these days. She is a very beautiful girl with a stunning face, especially in person. If you are going to use her as a stopping point she would be a good one to fill your limit since she does have such a wonderful face sculpt.

I actually felt the same way when I first started that I was only going to have one and only one. But several unplanned adoptions later here I am at 5. But like I stated in my previous post 5 is my current limit and there is just no way I could buy another girl right now.

Aww thank you ;u;. Yes she is beautiful~ I adore her a lot. As much as Yuki is also very beautiful, I think I would take Rina over Yuki.

I personally can't take anymore either because I don't have a job. >o<;; The money I have is allowance and gift money that I've saved up since I was a child (Life savings all gone pfft-)

So it's out of my hand to have more than 3 AND to buy pretty clothes/accessories for all of them. Parents don't really appreciate having such expensive dolls either. ;;

DJStarstryker

I found this thread instead of making a new post about this. I find it interesting to see what everyone has to say about limits. I don't really have a number in mind for limits, but I feel like I'm very picky about who I bring home. It isn't good enough for me to think a doll is cute. I have to completely and totally fall in love with her to want her. That's why I only had 1 for the longest time and it's not until next year that I'll have more (2 pre-ordered).

However, something people in this thread don't seem to bring up much is space. These dolls are HUGE. Not really sure how the owners of 10+ or even 20+ (like Wolfheinrich) DDs can manage that. I like living in smaller, cozier places (even when I can afford bigger) and when I start owning too much I feel like things are getting full and cluttered. I couldn't have that many dolls. I'd start to think of them as clutter and I'd feel this need to sell them. And that would be sad.

Are you ready to rock? ^_^

Nightmare Tea

I don't really want a huge family.

Just the 2 I have planned to buy.

And maybe a DDIII girl in the future when a really nice one gets released.

And if they ever make male DD's, i'll be getting one, but I heard that Volks said they didn't have any plans to. Perhaps if there is a large enough demand, they will consider it.

SakuraSylph

I suppose the theoretical upper bound on my Dollfie Dream adoption would be the balance in my bank account, as I certainly couldn't buy more dolls than I have money to spend on them. But that's not a very tight bound, since the actual size of my family is way under that, and we can do better!

My DD family actually grows at a rate directly proportional to AML, the dolls I Absolutely Madly fall in Love with. That's a tight upper bound since I don't buy more dolls than I fall hard for, and it's also a tight lower bound, since I don't skip over any dolls I fall for. Therefore I guess we could say the growth of my family size is Big-Theta(AML).

The corrolary to that is that I don't have an absolute upper family-size limit in mind; it just depends on how many dolls fall into the AML category over time. So far that has been one doll plus one more on the way, in three years' time.

Interestingly, I end up buying way more clothes than individual dolls. Rin-chan likes to cosplay.

SakuraSylph

milkytea

I don't have a limit on dolls of any kind. That said, I'm honestly not worried about it. I am a really particular person, especially when the subject is dolls. I've been buying dolls since early 2006. I currently own two Pullips, one Super Dollfie, one Mini Super Dollfie, and am trying to purchase one Dollfie Dream. I have, at other points in time, owned several more dolls only to decide that I didn't wish to own those dolls any longer. I've never sold a doll for financial reasons; she always went up for sale because I wanted to sell the doll, not because I needed to. I am aware that if I start buying Dollfie Dream dolls just because they've caught my eye, that I will also be selling Dollfie Dream dolls that I've lost enchantment with. I don't particularly enjoy that second part enough to not heed the cautions of my own nature. If I decide to own five, or ten, or twenty, or fifty Dollfie Dreams...that's okay. If I decide to own one or two, that's not a problem, either~

To be perfectly honest, I'm more likely to buy a ridiculous quantity of clothing for any or all of my dolls than to buy a new doll. I just love well-made doll clothing~ ♥ It's definitely a weakness of mine. I could have lost the lottery, for all I know, and my finger has hovered over the "add to cart" button for several outfits and wigs many times today alone! u_u

animex99

I had one girl for so long, but now that I have two what's three, or four, or ten! Hehe. I would like atleast one of each of the body types, but if a girl comes out that I really must have then I want to get her. Even now with me just getting Fujiko I'm looking at getting another. Guess I'll just have to find out my limit when I get to it.

MisterAmishrolf

i'd like to have more, that's a given, but no so many at once. if anything, maybe one every several months or so? i'd at least like to have 2 so Kanu wont be so lonely.

Coffee

I don't have any DDs, yet, though I have 3 bjds.

Two smaller, one medium sized.

I swore I was only going to have one, then two, then I said "f**k it!".

Now, I don't care how many I will get, as I know I will only break my word sooner or later.

Though having around 10 various dolls, that's where it starts to feel like you might have one too many. XD

Mina - DDS Millhi, Lucy - DDS Melty, Sammy - DDII Sakuno, Ellie - MDD DDH-01, Niki - MDD Mayu, Sasha - DDIII Miku

MiniSmile

My limit is the price, not for the doll (bjd, DD or others) but for clothes and accessoiries.

I have bought on Ebay , since 3 years and i saw a lot of simple shoes as sneakers win 2 or 3 € same for clothes. (for exemple a white T-shirt was 6 up to 12 sometimes in $ or €) it's make me angry because i feel as a peggy bank. I know collection need money. And money exchange is not so big.

the most unrealistic marge is made on glass eyes. The real price is under 1$ they sell it around 10$.

i m just a stupid buyer. Now , on ebay i always ask to low price. Sometimes it s work , sometimes not, but every day a new chinese ebay shop open. So i take a look on other shop if the seller don't want to low price.

kymaera

Not sure yet. I keep thinking that I've reached it but then I find another that I have to have. A lot of it probably has to do with how many characters that I can come up with. So far, I'm up to 6 DDs, 2 resins (B&G and Feeple65), a vmf50 and another DD (Saber Alter) coming in a few months, so my limit is at least in the double digits.