Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

OtakuDepot

What is your limit?

AliensOfGold

Limited only by my imagination😜

In reality though I’m limited by money, space and the dolls and clothes I want. 

If I had to put a fixed number on them though I’d say no more than six.

• Like 1

ChrisFhey
28 minutes ago, AliensOfGold said:

I’d say no more than six.

I'm pretty sure @baldylox told himself the same at some point. 😄

• Haha 2

Veravey

I started this hobby last November, 7 months ago. I'm at 4 1/3 dolls and 3 1/4 dolls now. My wallet has recently informed me I've presently reached my limit. 

:'> 

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

Irulazuli

Is it bad that I had to think and count how many I have? 😅  I think I am at my limit right now, mostly space-wise - I need to get my own apartment to fit all the dolls (and I would like to be able to display them all at last).

baldylox
9 hours ago, ChrisFhey said:

I'm pretty sure @baldylox told himself the same at some point. 😄

The first time I found myself saying I'd stop at a certain number was right after I got Manami.  She was expensive for me ( at the time ) and clothing wasn't cheap either ( it still isn't ) so I never thought I'd be able to afford another.  Several months later I sold a ton of my vintage Star Wars toys and was able to go to Japan and buy 2 more girls.  That's when I said no more again.

Then I said 8 was enough.  Then 10, then 20 and then 30.  Once I hit 50 I officially gave up trying to say I was going to stop collecting these beautiful dolls and he I am, 11 years later, with 123 of them with 2 more on the way from Sweden.  😉   So to try and stop now would be going against everything I am.  

NO LIMIT.

Billy

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

BeyondTime
On 6/9/2021 at 4:21 PM, baldylox said:

NO LIMIT.

Limits? He don't need no stinkin' limits?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

ChrisFhey

What’s your limit?

Baldylox:

4DEB0980-5B53-40B7-BC6B-8347A8F08501.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, ChrisFhey said:

What’s your limit?

Baldylox:

More like. 

A37EECE7-08EF-4684-85CD-5769DA94D6C0.png.0581c72c1073b8d4c7204205ea656cf8.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

baldylox
21 hours ago, ChrisFhey said:

What’s your limit?

Baldylox:

Ok, this made my day.  Seriously.  I love Vegeta and seeing me compared to him is hilarious and awesome.  Thank you!  😄 

But then I scroll down and see this:

19 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

More like. 

A37EECE7-08EF-4684-85CD-5769DA94D6C0.png.0581c72c1073b8d4c7204205ea656cf8.png

I really am beginning to question making you a moderator now....

@onion5@ @onion7@ @onion10@

Billy

PS.  That IS pretty damn funny tho man.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

BeyondTime
10 minutes ago, baldylox said:

I really am beginning to question making you a moderator now

I know nothing of DBZ or this character, I just looked for an image that fit the name Baldylox. 🤣😂🤣

The guy with three eyes and the kid didn’t’ really work IMO. Plus that shiny spot was just perfect. XD

• Haha 2

baldylox
1 minute ago, BeyondTime said:

I know nothing of DBZ or this character, I just looked for an image that fit the name Baldylox. 🤣😂🤣

The guy with three eyes and the kid didn’t’ really work IMO. 

The guy you linked to is Nappa, he's Vegeta's underling.  Vegeta kills him for not being strong enuff to kill Goku.  Cause Vegeta is a badass and ruthless.  😄 

Billy

• Haha 1

Tasuke

i've come to the point where the OBITSU 26cm. body has set such a standard of excellence for me

that i've found myself retiring every girl i have that cannot be comfortably shifted over to one.

such a beautiful doll body design; i don't know how i ever did even begin to make do with the OBITSU 27s that came before;

OBITSU 26

Konomi_Yuzuhara_JOHN_7.jpg?width=1920&he

OBITSU 27

OBITSU%20BODY%20OLD%2027%20OBITSU%20RESI

Edited by Tasuke

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

Anna-neko

Love coming back to this thread, just to see some of our early naive "oh, just 3 is max" or similar comments

I started with one doll and it was plenty until a Grail came along.... Her Grace arrived and saying "ok ok, 2 is the limit! I mean it!" seemed fine.... Then you gotta scramble to move them goalposts. suddenly is now at "maybe just one of each body height... thats plenty!"

Fast forward couple years to like 3 girls, 'spare' body, couple resins in various sizes and a ridic adorable KikiPop to finish the scene

Your Limit? Ya credit limit more like!

Edited by Chise
  • Haha 3

Glitt3rgalaxy

Shelf space is a really big thing to consider. I've installed a few shelves to give myself more room for dolls over the past few years. I want more, but I'm totally out of room and I can't even display some dolls I have comfortably at this point. (I dont like too many on a shelf.) So with a lot of resin babies already, I'd say 5 vinyl dolls is all I'm going to allow myself. 

HK47

I started with one and some told me I should get a DDP and now i have 8 plus one on the way and now I looking at MDD.

This like some sorta of Schedule I drugs, cant stop. Or maybe i should stop looking at them.

jazijaz

I seem to have a "no more than 4 big dolls" rule that I didn't plan for at all...it just happened (not in total but in size & gender). I've been able to maintain this rule for 16 years and I just realized now that I have it. Every time I got more than...let's say...more than 4 SDs I ended up selling some dolls until I was at 4 or under again. (but this rule doesn't apply to tiny dolls...I love tiny dolls and they don't take that much space like the big dolls)

In BJDs I have 4 MSDs, 4 SD boys, 4 SD girls and 10 tinies. In DDs I have:

3 DDS boys - no plans for another DDS boy (6 years with only my 3 DDS boys, no desire for more)

3 DDS girls - I have plans for 1 more DDS girl

2 DDBs - I have plans for one more DDB 

1 DDP girl - no desire for more unless it is card captor sakura characters

1 MDD boy - no desire for more

I think after the ones I have plans for, I've arrived to my limit with DDs...at least for many more years 🤭 there's still room for another DDS boy, DDB, DDP and MDD but I have gotten very picky with sculpts now and if I can't come up with a character when I see a new sculpt I just won't get it and if the sculpt looks very similar to one I already have I won't get it either. I haven't purchased a BJD in a long time so I think I already got to my limit with BJDs.

I wanted to add, I'm not an anime fan anymore or gamer so I really don't care for the characters and fullsets released in the dollfie dream world. I only have Card Captor Sakura in mind because it was my childhood cartoon (along w evangelion...I will definitely break the rule if Volks or any other company ever releases dolls from EVA and CCS) so I only look at the sculpt of the DD to decide if I want to bring it home.

Edited by jazijaz

marishade

I am currently at 7 Volks vinyl dolls.

I have a lot of dolls (and other things like gaming and Star Wars stuff) and am maxed out on space currently. Space and how many dolls I buy per year are my main limiters.

With that said, I do like variety, so for the most part I have a "no more than 5 dolls per brand" limit. The only brands that are past that currently are Volks, Disney LE, Barbie, and Jan Shackleford dolls (and I have been dwindling down the later two).

I thought I would just be happy with my 3 Vocaloids. . . Then the Icons showed up. . .then 2B and 9S showed up. . . And I still do not have FGO Jeanne and Sailor Mercury!

I am a big fan of the vinyl character dolls so unfortunately if Volks continues to make character dolls I am very fond of. . .then I will probably continue to buy them.

Edited by marishade

Dollfie_Owner_SR71

Maybe 2. I have only one dollfie but things can change over time to make me want more than 2 dolls.

moerunamida

I said 1. I stopped for awhile at 2. I'm comfy with my 3 on my table by my chair, but then I remember the head I need to get a body for, so that's 4 in a way. She'll need to have a friend, because she's going to be an impish character. I've been wanting a boy DD. I love Kimetsu no Yaiba, so if they make a Nezuko MDD, I'm in trouble. I know now I can't say how many I have. I live on a very limited budget, but somehow these girls multiply. It makes my heart happy. I would be grateful to have just one though. The fewer you have, the more attention they get and the more you bond with them.

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

battrastard

I'm sorta laughing at what I posted on this thread previously, seeing as I now have seven sitting at the end of my couch. (with two more by the end of the year!)

Living in the "belfry" is my biggest issue, at this point, 7 1/2 ft. wide, just under 19-ish ft. long. (inside measurements. 8 x 22 overall width/length outside.)

Yes, I has TinyHome... (see belfry post) 

Would I get more, if I wanted? 

Most likely, but, I thankfully(?) missed out on Skadi/Caster, this time around. (dammit@onion16@

I'm not even gonna set a limit anymore, if I get more Kiddos, I'll live in a tent, I guess? (unless I win the Lottery) 

Better hit up the sporting goods/camping section, eh? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

DesertPhantom51
On 9/10/2021 at 10:04 PM, Dollfie_Owner_SR71 said:

Maybe 2. I have only one dollfie but things can change over time to make me want more than 2 dolls.

Ah, I started the same way.  I had one, and had a blast, added another one and it was twice as fun!  Two dolls was a great limit, and they're so fun to pose together.  Really, I wound up with my third almost as an accident.  I'm not really sure how it happened in retrospect, I wasn't seeking a third doll when I got one, but three is definitely my limit.  I'm really happy at the level I'm able to maintain each of them and their wardrobes, and they each have a style that pretty well covers all the fashion itches that I get.  The area I display them in isn't getting any bigger either, so three is it for me.  

Ui-
4 hours ago, DesertPhantom51 said:

Ah, I started the same way.  I had one, and had a blast, added another one and it was twice as fun!  Two dolls was a great limit, and they're so fun to pose together.  Really, I wound up with my third almost as an accident.  I'm not really sure how it happened in retrospect, I wasn't seeking a third doll when I got one, but three is definitely my limit.  I'm really happy at the level I'm able to maintain each of them and their wardrobes, and they each have a style that pretty well covers all the fashion itches that I get.  The area I display them in isn't getting any bigger either, so three is it for me.  

I was the same way… “one is good enough.” And that evolved into getting 3 more (Rem Ram Emilia v1), Snow Miku, Rena Ryugu, Emilia v2 (gonna be here 2 days before my birthday! Soon x] ), and Lucia SDGr. 

I could be forgetting. Waiting on Lucia and Emilia. I have the rest. When I joined I figured I’d have no upper limit and that has changed lol. 

I also have multiple customs. Two MDD and one DDS (Shiro and Jibril from No Game No Life, and one original character—her name is Cotton).

So that’s 11 Dollfies. I have a 1/4 and two 1/6 from different companies (resin too, but beautiful), and a 1/3 frame body but I have to look into how to restring the frame. 

Dolls for Days…. Lol. 

Ui-
On 9/11/2021 at 2:14 AM, battrastard said:

I'm sorta laughing at what I posted on this thread previously, seeing as I now have seven sitting at the end of my couch. (with two more by the end of the year!)

Living in the "belfry" is my biggest issue, at this point, 7 1/2 ft. wide, just under 19-ish ft. long. (inside measurements. 8 x 22 overall width/length outside.)

Yes, I has TinyHome... (see belfry post) 

Would I get more, if I wanted? 

Most likely, but, I thankfully(?) missed out on Skadi/Caster, this time around. (dammit@onion16@

I'm not even gonna set a limit anymore, if I get more Kiddos, I'll live in a tent, I guess? (unless I win the Lottery) 

Better hit up the sporting goods/camping section, eh? 

I would lol. So long as I has humidity control for them 😂🤣 

I know what you meant though. Being pretty lonely away from family stuck in another country, these girls are probably the main reason I get out of bed in the morning. Sad but hey. I’m happy. Not hurting anyone or myself either. Plus it eases that mental pain of loneliness. Well, then and my cat. He wouldn’t let me stay in bed past 6 am. :) (I feed him at 6 am and 6 pm. I wake up at 4 am. Yeah I know. I’m weird).

• Like 1