Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

OtakuDepot

What is your limit?

OtakuDepot

I'm really starting to seriously consider adopting both Airy and Neris which would give me 5 girls and I haven't reached the 1 year mark with Sakura, my first girl. This got me thinking - at what point will I say "no more!".

As I think about it I can't see myself picking an exact number such as 10. I also don't think I could ever get rid of any of my girls so I don't see a time where I'll say: "I'll get rid of girl 5 and then I can bring in this new one!". Do any of you have a set limit or even an idea of one?

I'm guessing it will be a more gradual thing for me and I'll start becoming more picky about who might get adopted, I just have no clue at what point that will be. I'd love to hear what others think about it.

**James.

• Like 1

Otaku Depot's growing family.

6176759571_b2375fa7d7_o.jpg

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

Alphakitty

When I started collecting Dollfies, I swore I'd never have more than 5. However, barely 6 months later and I have 5 already, and I am also considering adopting Nellis and Airy and I am probably getting Rina as well.

At first I thought it would be too much to have so many Dollfies, in fact I was worried that people would see it as "creepy" but I've realized that as long as I'm not breaking the bank buying them, I won't set a limit for myself... though I still feel in my mind like anything over 15 would be too many! And I definitely couldn't get rid of any of them, I'm very attached to all my girls. It breaks me heart to even think about getting rid of any of them. I suppose eventually I will run out of space... and that's when I will have to stop! I am also hoping that Volks stops putting out so many that I really want, it's getting to be overwhelming planning for all these releases.

DD Family: Mari, Saber Lily, Marisa, Soniko, Noumi, Kirino, Kuroneko, Sakura (DD Sakuno), Aerie, Akira, Kiki, Koko, Rose (DDS Mariko), Kureha, Ryoko, Lucy, Haruka, Rise, Extra & Alter!

PlasticFantastic

Originally we said no more than three, but we have plans for #4 and #5 in the works, but we're limiting our purchasing rate to a maximum of 2 a year. Which could be REALLY painful if anything amazing gets released later this year since it's very likely within the next month or two as soon as I can track down a reg. version Alna. ^^;

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

Please visit my YouTube channel for helpful DD tips, tutorials, and reviews!

Halcyon

Don't put a limit on your hobby! Buying DDs and increasing your collection should be a natural process for a DDs collector. It's just that some collectors tend to get a tiny bit excited in the beginning and started off running, which isn't a bad thing - not at all. Well, hey, it's good for the economy!

You decide when you want to slow down and walk, OtakuDepot, .

• Like 1

DD 娘 - Dollfie Dream® Daughters

{1} : DDS [ユ-ピィ] - Euphie

baldylox

As I mentioned before, I can'y give any specific number to my DD limit.

I seriously never thought I would own ONE much less FIVE of them! And like you, all before my one year mark with Manami.

I am already in the early stages of getting daughter number six adopted/assembled and if a Rider DD ever surfaces, I know I'll have to get her. And I also had the thought of getting a Yukino at some time during this year. So no slowing down for me just yet.

And like you James, I can't bring myself to even think about selling any of my girls to be able to adopt another. These girls are with me til the end unless something terrible happens and I have to have money or lose my house. It would have to be that bad in order for me to even consider it.

So to answer your question, I cannot put a number or cap on how many DD's I adopt. I have no clue how many I will get over time and I have no clue when the next one will be adopted. I just wait for fate to intervene and follow her lead.....

Billy

• Like 1

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

jun97

Three. Oh wait...After I get Beatrice, it will be four, and hmmmm, Airy and Neris looks pretty good, so maybe five?

I'll reach my limit after I stop looking at DD related websites.

baldylox

HA! We'll see that happen REAL soon huh??

We're in the same boat my friend....

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Halcyon
Three. Oh wait...After I get Beatrice, it will be four, and hmmmm, Airy and Neris looks pretty good, so maybe five?

LOL, !

Good luck, Jun! In the lottery.

DD 娘 - Dollfie Dream® Daughters

{1} : DDS [ユ-ピィ] - Euphie

Pupi

Hm, I don't care about limits, I just take care of not buying everything at the same time!

For now I think I will have only 5 DDs in my life: Latooni, Al Azif, Mashiro, Rina and Nellis. Well, we will see what will happen next!

enthusiast pasta girl - she/her - power bi

Mini Mode Lab

Galvatim

I tried having a yearly limit of 3, but I'm well on course to break that this year! My first custom face-up will be completed soon, plus I have two more girls on the way for sure. Even if I resist Neris, it's likely I'll want a girl from one of the next 2 Dolpas. On the other hand, I've really cut back on buying smaller scale figures.

Nakitaninja
You decide when you want to slow down and walk, OtakuDepot, .

I want to call OtakuDepot "Ota-kun" and I am not sure why... it just sounds good.

My limit..... mmm... well, we've moved eight time in the last 3 years for my husband's career. It really put a limit on what you can have and what is superfluous. Being settled (finally) has been really helpful and I have begun to acbleepulate collector's gear again in video games... and other hobbies!

I do have problems forming attachments with items though. I really don't view this as a defect in my character but I love the bond that people form with their dolls and I am trying to get better at it. I adore painting face-ups because I feel like I am contributing to someone else's dreams coming true? I mean, maybe I'm just messed up but I am trying to get better at playing with dolls. I really believe Beato coming home will change all of that because I love the idea of her so much that I think she'll be a non-negotiable addition.

I don't know that I have a limit, really. I have my own room in the house for my crafts and dolls so if it outgrows that room then I think I have a problem. ^^ I love these dolls specifically and short of being weak and putting in for Tokyo Dolpa 25 Victorique..... I am becoming a Dollfie Dream owner specifically. They really are charming dolls but the best part is the community that surrounds it. *^^*

40283197242_5620dd1681.jpg

Nakitaninja
I tried having a yearly limit of 3, but I'm well on course to break that this year! My first custom face-up will be completed soon, plus I have two more girls on the way for sure. Even if I resist Neris, it's likely I'll want a girl from one of the next 2 Dolpas. On the other hand, I've really cut back on buying smaller scale figures.

Two more.... Dolpas......

Can we make an online calendar for these events so we can budget appropriately?!

^^;;;;;;;

Galvatim

Well, there seems to be one for each quarter of the year, but it's not always the same month. There was one in late August in '09 and '10, followed by another event that was in october of '09, and in Dec. of '10...

Now that I think about it, we probably know two of the next characters to be released, Akira and Dr. Mariko!

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=86

At least, one could speculate that they would be upcoming Dollfies...

OtakuDepot
I want to call OtakuDepot "Ota-kun" and I am not sure why... it just sounds good.

I would be honored Nakitaninja!

In fact, I liked the sound of it so much I went out and registered the ota-kun.com domain name.

It's interesting to see how everybody views their limits, or lack thereof, when it comes to their girls. I don't see any limits in my near future, at least not ones imposed by something other than my bank account.

**James

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

Nakitaninja

I would be honored Nakitaninja!

In fact, I liked the sound of it so much I went out and registered the ota-kun.com domain name.

It's interesting to see how everybody views their limits, or lack thereof, when it comes to their girls. I don't see any limits in my near future, at least not ones imposed by something other than my bank account.

**James

It's like every time a turn around then there's another gorgeous DD to lust after.... I need better financial planning. I guess there's no counting on winning the lotteries so maybe being unlucky is lucky too? Ha!

I am so glad you like the name! I didn't know if I was being too familiar with you. ^^ It really works though- especially if you love it, Ota-kun!

*edit*

I TOTALLY REMEMBER WHERE THAT CAME FROM! He is my favorite character in Patlabor: Isao Ohta! He's awesome!!!! Your name is spelled differently so... you're still completely unique!

5601312403_868f051b85.jpg

patlabor8 by dollflip, on Flickr

VidaOtaku

You guys easily turn this off-topic!

About my limit, just #1. Why? Price tag/Space.

PlasticFantastic
You guys easily turn this off-topic!

About my limit, just #1. Why? Price tag/Space.

We can't help ourselves!

Only one? What about multiple heads? Getting a custom head can be quite affordable..

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

VidaOtaku

that is the problem.

If i buy multiple heads is a question of time to buy more than 1 body

OtakuDepot
Only one? What about multiple heads? Getting a custom head can be quite affordable..

I agree. I've recently saved a search on Yahoo Japan to look for custom pained heads.... I just need to get my shoppingmalljapan account setup.. I want to be prepared so if I see the perfect head I can jump on it.

I'm really dying to get a DDdy girl but since I have my eyes set on Airy and Neris coming up soon I don't see one in my future. Unless I get a custom head a buy a DDdy body.

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

PlasticFantastic
I agree. I've recently saved a search on Yahoo Japan to look for custom pained heads.... I just need to get my shoppingmalljapan account setup.. I want to be prepared so if I see the perfect head I can jump on it.

I'm really dying to get a DDdy girl but since I have my eyes set on Airy and Neris coming up soon I don't see one in my future. Unless I get a custom head a buy a DDdy body.

Honestly customs are quite fantastic, and they can be a lot cheaper than buying a licensed character.

Though I know I'll be pining for Aerie for a while.. That :3 face makes me melt.

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

jadepixel

I have a fixed doll budget this year ^_^;

All those little things like wigs, shoes, clothes, faceup supplies quickly add up...

Actually it's fun to stick to the budget, I'm really forced to pare down my wish list and focus on what items work for the look or char I want, and not just buy random cool pieces.

PlasticFantastic
I have a fixed doll budget this year ^_^;

All those little things like wigs, shoes, clothes, faceup supplies quickly add up...

Actually it's fun to stick to the budget, I'm really forced to pare down my wish list and focus on what items work for the look or char I want, and not just buy random cool pieces.

The nice part aboud a budget though is that you really do focus on what you REALLY want. Makes you appreciate everything that much more.

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

Amber

I don't have a set limit, but as of right now there is only one that I really truly want. There are a few others that I like, but there is only one that I must have one day. And that is Sasara. So right now, I only see myself ever having two for a while... I have to save up for Sasara, so I'm trying my best to avoid looking at any other dolls. I'd only buy another one if Volks releases a character I like, or releases a very pretty one.

MaxArcher

I'm going to be happy with my one (Beato) for a while, I think. That's probably largely because there are three (and possibly four, soon) others in the house that aren't mine, though.

DD Beatrice - DD Saber/EXTRA

Nakitaninja
I don't have a set limit, but as of right now there is only one that I really truly want. There are a few others that I like, but there is only one that I must have one day. And that is Sasara. So right now, I only see myself ever having two for a while... I have to save up for Sasara, so I'm trying my best to avoid looking at any other dolls. I'd only buy another one if Volks releases a character I like, or releases a very pretty one.

Sasara is gorgeous! I love her sleepy & sexy look. She's just amazing. I'll hope with all my heart that you get her. Everyone deserves a chance to get their dream doll and to enjoy that moment as much as possible. I have no doubt that you'll find her. I'll keep an eye out for you too and PM you if I see her. ^____^ Good luck!